• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for a Sensational Salsa Show?

In summary, some unique ingredients for salsa include fruits, corn, black beans, and avocado. You can make salsa without tomatoes using alternatives like tomatillos or bell peppers. To make a spicy salsa, add diced jalapenos or hot peppers and adjust the spice level to your liking. Salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. It can be served in a variety of ways, such as a topping for grilled meats, mixed into salads, or as a dip for vegetables.
queenjean
I am looking to spice up summer with sensational salsa shows. Any ideas for some great demo recipes. Dessert Salsas, spicy salsas, etc. It is all good. I am aware of the Apple Berry salsa, and the new salsas that go with the pork tenderloin. Any others you can think of?

My host on Sunday made a dip where you combine mashed avocado with picante sauce and add some garlic. It tastes like a better version of quacamole. I'm not sure if that competely fits with your theme, but it would be a way to take some of the salsa you make and put a spin on it, therefore giving people a way to make 2 recipes out of 1 sort of... just an idea... Good luck! Sounds like a fun show!

The Salsa recipe in the Catalog with the Salad Chopper!!! It is the absolute best!

I also have a Quacamole Dip that is great :D

2 Avocados
1 Plum Tomato
1 Small Onion
2tbls of Chopped Cilantro
1 Lime
Salt to Taste

I did a quick demo with it using the Chopper for the Onion and Tomato (ofcourse use the Tomato Knife for this too), The Mini tart Shaper to Smash the Avocados and soften it up. Cut/Chop the Cilantro in the Prep Bowl with Kitchen Sissors. use Citrus Press for lime, Mix with Mix and Scrape and add salt to taste.

Very Quick and Yummy...Everyone loves this :D :D

I have a recipe at home for cucumber salsa that is tasty. I'll try to get it posted tonight. LOVE this idea.....let's get some more varieties!

This is great. lets keep em' coming! Maybe we can work together to make the next big theme show!!

THANKS!

1. What are some unique ingredients to use in a salsa?

Some unique ingredients to consider using in a salsa are fruits such as mango or pineapple, corn, black beans, and even avocado. These add interesting flavors and textures to the salsa.

2. Can I make a salsa without using tomatoes?

Yes, you can make a salsa without using tomatoes. Some alternatives to tomatoes include tomatillos, bell peppers, or even strawberries. Get creative and experiment with different flavors!

3. What are some tips for making a spicy salsa?

If you want to make a spicy salsa, you can add diced jalapenos or other hot peppers to the mix. You can also add some chili powder or cayenne pepper for an extra kick. Just be sure to taste as you go and adjust the spice level to your preference.

4. How far in advance can I make a salsa?

Salsas can typically be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Just be sure to keep it in an airtight container to maintain freshness.

5. What are some creative ways to serve salsa?

Aside from the traditional chips and salsa, you can also use salsa as a topping for grilled chicken or fish, mix it into a salad, or even use it as a marinade for meats. You can also serve it as a dip for vegetables or as a condiment for tacos or burritos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NewtoMom
  • adventurechef