• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Game Suggestions for an All-Male Cooking Show?

In summary, this chef is preparing an all-male show, with games and ice breakers TBD. The show will have a chicken in the deep-fried cutter and a mini cheeseburger bar. The show will also have a bread bowl and desserts. The host is hoping that the food will be a draw for the men and that it will be successful.
aka1908
Hello Cheffers:

I have an all male show coming up on the 26th of the month. I am going to do the the Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Salsa so I can showcase the knives and spices. What are the suggesstions for ice breakers or games? I know most men don't want to play the games that I normally do at shows.

Help

I've done quite a few shows with men.

I don't play games at all. I do make them interactive - I have the men wash their hands, and then hand them all knives and chopper, etc...and have them do the cooking.

I just tell them that women love it when a man cooks. :D

I haven't been doing as many lately, because my consistent male host is now on my team - so he's doing the man parties that used to be booked from his. He's really looking forward to the new grilling tools, and doing grilling shows during the summer.

I don't have any suggestions for ice breakers/games -- I do agree that you need to get the products into their hands so they can try them. Be prepared for questions. I find that when I have guys at a show, they have lots of questions about the features/benfits of the products. Most of all, have fun.

No games for guys. They don't like games unless it involves a sport anyway! Ha! Ha!

Thank you all~NO GAMES and I will just be ready for the interactive show and questions!

I just did a guy show last night. I set up three different stations with cutting boards and bought apples, onions, potatoes, garlic cloves. I started my show out with putting a chicken in the DCB and putting it in the mircowave. Meanwhile, I made the classic mini cheeseburgers on the large bar pan. Then afterwards I had them mingle and be hands-on with all the tools- they used the mandoline, the chopper, the knives garlic press. They had ALOT of questions about the blades and what not. But my show closed out at $900! Good luck!

I think if you can show them how to CREATE....my husband loves to cook, but rarely is seen using a RECIPE. The only exception is for our pizza-crust dough that he makes from scratch. But when it comes to meat (BBQ/grilling, etc)- even pasta creations...he just puts in what sounds good. So if you can incorporate something that lets them be creative (like our rubs/sauces)- that might be a good ting for guys.That's not from PC-Show experience with men, just from being married to one. :)

The only other option is to serve beer! And really, I don't think you want to do that.

Beer? At a PC show? Heck, they're still using Rum Extract! Sheesh!

My husband is hosting a March Madness show for his friends (his idea!) I've never done an all-man show before! I'm going to make the mini cheeseburgers and have the Artichoke Bread Bowl ready when they arrive. My hubby is going to make the DCB cake himself just to show how easy it is. Normally I wouldn't do this much food in a show... but this host is special! I hope it goes well. A little tough to get RSVPs. I think they figure the evite is for their wives! Wish me luck!:chef:

shorelinecef said:
My husband is hosting a March Madness show for his friends (his idea!) I've never done an all-man show before! I'm going to make the mini cheeseburgers and have the Artichoke Bread Bowl ready when they arrive. My hubby is going to make the DCB cake himself just to show how easy it is. Normally I wouldn't do this much food in a show... but this host is special! I hope it goes well. A little tough to get RSVPs. I think they figure the evite is for their wives! Wish me luck!:chef:

Have your hubby call them to follow up on the invitation. This can help make it clear that it's for them and give them an opportunity to RSVP.

What is the "Rowdy Men Show?"

The "Rowdy Men Show" is a virtual cooking show hosted by Pampered Chef that features our top male consultants demonstrating delicious recipes and sharing helpful kitchen tips and tricks.

When does the "Rowdy Men Show" air?

The "Rowdy Men Show" airs every Thursday at 6pm CST on Pampered Chef's Facebook page and YouTube channel.

Do I need any special equipment to watch the "Rowdy Men Show?"

No, you do not need any special equipment to watch the "Rowdy Men Show." You can watch it on any device with internet access, such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone.

Can I ask questions during the "Rowdy Men Show?"

Yes, absolutely! We encourage viewers to interact with our hosts by asking questions and sharing comments during the live broadcast. Our hosts will do their best to answer as many questions as they can.

Are the recipes featured on the "Rowdy Men Show" available for purchase?

Yes, all the recipes demonstrated on the "Rowdy Men Show" are available for purchase on our website. Simply visit the "Recipes" section and search for the recipe you are interested in.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies