• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Dishwashing Damage an Icecream Scoop?

In summary, the best way to clean an ice cream scoop in the dishwasher is to place it on the top rack and use a gentle cycle with warm water. It is safe to use in the dishwasher and can also be used for a variety of frozen desserts. To prevent the scoop from getting stuck in frozen ice cream, it is recommended to run it under hot water before scooping. However, it should not be used for hot desserts as it may cause damage and potential safety hazards.
Tams
Gold Member
I have a client who just called and her husband put her new icecream scoop in the dishwasher last night. What effect will this have on the icecream scoop? Any chance PC will exchange it under warranty? I'm thinking probably not since it was user error, but just thought I would check with this wonderful group. :eek:

Thanks!

First, it voids the warranty. The directions specifically say that it is not dishwasher safe.As for the effect, it will depend. Sometimes it simply turns the scoop dark. That is only cosmetic and won't effect the use of the scoop. In some dishwashers the liquid inside crystallizes. In that case it's toast.

Thanks Rae! I have a feeling her husband will be buying her a new one.

Yeah, that happens a lot. LOL!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your client's ice cream scoop being put in the dishwasher. While our products are designed to be durable and withstand normal wear and tear, putting them in the dishwasher can cause damage and decrease their lifespan. Unfortunately, user error is not covered under our warranty. However, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team for further assistance. They may be able to offer some helpful tips or solutions for your client. Thank you for checking with our group, we always strive to provide the best service possible to our clients. Take care!

What is the best way to clean the ice cream scoop in the dishwasher?

The best way to clean the ice cream scoop in the dishwasher is to place it on the top rack and use a gentle cycle with warm water. It is also recommended to use a mild detergent and avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers.

Is the ice cream scoop dishwasher safe?

Yes, our ice cream scoop is dishwasher safe. It is made from durable materials that can withstand the heat and agitation of a dishwasher cycle without causing any damage to the scoop.

Can the ice cream scoop be used for other frozen desserts?

Yes, our ice cream scoop can be used for a variety of frozen desserts such as sorbet, gelato, and frozen yogurt. Its sturdy design and sharp edge make it perfect for scooping through various textures and consistencies.

How do I prevent the ice cream scoop from getting stuck in frozen ice cream?

To prevent the ice cream scoop from getting stuck in frozen ice cream, run it under hot water for a few seconds before scooping. This will slightly warm up the scoop and make it easier to glide through the frozen dessert.

Can the ice cream scoop be used for hot desserts?

No, our ice cream scoop is designed specifically for cold desserts. Using it for hot desserts may cause damage to the scoop and could potentially be a safety hazard. It is best to use a different utensil for hot desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lsm72
  • Intrepid_Chef