• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was Trying to Google Some Backgrounds and Came Across This

In summary, this site provides examples of what can be considered as a violation of company policy if used as an example on a website. The business cards themselves are cool, but having the website's address on them is against policy.
Don't forget, too, that Execs and above ARE allowed to use the logo on items printed by other companies This could be a misunderstanding of the rules.

Jennie4PC said:
My DH took some engament pics for his siter and the place where she got her invites used the pics for their phonebook ad. We were surprised when we saw it in the phonebook.
Not as suprised as the printer would be when he heard from my lawyer, if he published my image without my permission.

etteluap70PC said:
You are totally right Beth, it could be...

That is why I am doing nothing other than giving an opinion.... and saying for now I will not personally purchase anything from them.

I do like their designs but like I said I will not (knowingly) support a rule breaker.

I knew when I said this "This company is definetly breaking copyright law." on a previous post it would get me in trouble.

Oh well se la vie.... (sp?)
(such is life)
c’est la vie

Anything you say can, and will, sooner or later, be used against you by someone in this place.

:D

The cards look good; however, put me in my oldish, white kitchen and my straight hair, the cards would NEVER look that good. She's pretty, the kitchen is modern and the photo professionally taken. That's the only way those cards look okay...

chefann said:
Don't forget, too, that Execs and above ARE allowed to use the logo on items printed by other companies This could be a misunderstanding of the rules.
Right... which is why I didn't really jump on the consultant... I don't know her or know her status. There are things that don't seem right about that company, but then again, they could become a vendor. Who knows.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Anything you say can, and will, sooner or later, be used against you by someone in this place. :D
You got that right... although maybe this has returned to the place it once was, or is at least moving towards it.

AJPratt said:
Right... which is why I didn't really jump on the consultant... I don't know her or know her status. There are things that don't seem right about that company, but then again, they could become a vendor. Who knows.

You got that right... although maybe this has returned to the place it once was, or is at least moving towards it.
Amen!!:D :D

Okay everyone the down low is that her DH is a pro photographer and he took the picture. She had the card produced by this company and was unaware that they had posted it on their web site. She has already talked with the company about it and the orther designs and they are suppose to be correcting the problem.

Wow, go you chefpayne for getting the lowdown.

I say we all order them with a huge close-up pic of our ass in our new PC thongs! We can all say goodbye to the days of begging for bookings!

Paige Dixon said:
I say we all order them with a huge close-up pic of our ass in our new PC thongs! We can all say goodbye to the days of begging for bookings!
Sorry, don't mean to hijack this, but I want to be clear that the thongs available in my Cafe Press shop are not PC thongs, they're CS. It's a small but significant difference.

<end hijack>
Thanks for clearing that up for us, chefpayne!

chefpayne said:
Okay everyone the down low is that her DH is a pro photographer and he took the picture. She had the card produced by this company and was unaware that they had posted it on their web site. She has already talked with the company about it and the orther designs and they are suppose to be correcting the problem.
Wow, PC should hire her DH!!

So, sounds like this company decided to promote Pampered Chef all by themself - huh?

Last edited:
Paige Dixon said:
I so do not want to see any of these should anyone decide to go this route!!! LMAO

chefpayne said:

Good to hear Chefpayne. I checked and they have taken down the page with the PC logo, etc, but her card is still on there. At least they aren't using the PC logo illegally now.

Last edited:
dianevill said:
I'm not sure about that - I THINK we just can't have an actual link to our sites.:confused:

Is this true?? Anyone??

chefpayne said:

Thanks for the info Erin. Yet another case that some people have jumped to conclusion and reported the wrong thing to HO.

jasonmva said:
Thanks for the info Erin. Yet another case that some people have jumped to conclusion and reported the wrong thing to HO.

Yep......That's why I don't usually report anything to HO. :(

The thing about the link--

I thought that I would be "clever" and post my website without the www. so that it wouldn't be a link (yeah, yeah, I'm a skunk...), but I was told by several people that that would be reportable/against the rules, too. Technically, it's not, but it walks a very fine line.

<h2>What is the website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152?</h2><p>The website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152 is a site that sells customizable backgrounds for various electronic devices.</p><h2>Is it legal to use these backgrounds?</h2><p>As a representative of Pampered Chef, I cannot provide a definitive answer on the legality of using these backgrounds. It is always best to check with the website and the device manufacturer for any copyright or licensing restrictions.</p><h2>Have any of you seen this website before?</h2><p>I cannot speak for all employees at Pampered Chef, but personally, I have not seen this website before. However, there are many similar websites that offer customizable backgrounds for electronic devices.</p><h2>What makes this website unique?</h2><p>This website offers a wide variety of backgrounds for different devices, as well as the option to customize backgrounds with your own images or designs. This sets it apart from other websites that may only offer pre-made designs.</p><h2>Do you think this is a good idea?</h2><p>As a representative of Pampered Chef, I am not able to express personal opinions on this matter. However, it can be a fun and creative way for individuals to personalize their electronic devices.</p>

What is the website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152?

The website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152 is a site that sells customizable backgrounds for various electronic devices.

Is it legal to use these backgrounds?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, I cannot provide a definitive answer on the legality of using these backgrounds. It is always best to check with the website and the device manufacturer for any copyright or licensing restrictions.

Have any of you seen this website before?

I cannot speak for all employees at Pampered Chef, but personally, I have not seen this website before. However, there are many similar websites that offer customizable backgrounds for electronic devices.

What makes this website unique?

This website offers a wide variety of backgrounds for different devices, as well as the option to customize backgrounds with your own images or designs. This sets it apart from other websites that may only offer pre-made designs.

Do you think this is a good idea?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, I am not able to express personal opinions on this matter. However, it can be a fun and creative way for individuals to personalize their electronic devices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • pamperedbecky
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies