• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was Trying to Google Some Backgrounds and Came Across This

In summary, this site provides examples of what can be considered as a violation of company policy if used as an example on a website. The business cards themselves are cool, but having the website's address on them is against policy.
hoosierchef
I was trying to google some backgrounds and came across this site!

http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152

Have any of you seen this and is it "legal"? LOL (for lack of better words at this moment.).

It's really a neat idea if you ask me!!

I know her. What do you mean by legal? The business card itself or that they are using it as an example?

Last edited:
Wow - I don't know if it's legal - the PC logo isn't on it, but I would think there would be some kind of violation happening. The consultant's website is real! Very interesting!

Yes and no...Those business cards are awesome! But having her web address on the card as an example on the website is against our company policy, I think...

Well, I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv, but it doesn't use the logo, so at first glance, it looks like it's not illegal.

Sorry Erin - just saw your post, too. Is this maybe her friend or family's business?

I can't imagine how that would be allowed. They're using the actual PC logo on there, but they aren't a licensed vendor. Oh well, I guess with the number of people breaking the rules, they can't police everything.

Brandie said:
Those business cards are awesome! But having her web address on the card as an example on the website is against our company policy, I think...

I'm not sure about that - I THINK we just can't have an actual link to our sites.:confused:

chefpayne said:
I know her.

Tell her that her cards are pretty cool!

I would say it is illegal- all the rules are created so that we are all on an even playing field, and I don't think that is even...

sent it to HO and I am sure they will set her straight...

Sorry, you all posted while I was typing. If you go to their templates, then direct sales and PC, you find they're PC home page, where they are using the actual logo. So it would definitely be against policy. The business cards themselves I'm not sure about though...

Just for the record, I meant that I thought the Cards were really a neat idea. It didn't even hit me that her website was on there. When I saw her standing there with her apron on, which has the PC logo, that's when I began to question it's legality.

Gosh, I type so slow that four or five more people post before I'm able to hit submit. I feel like by the time I post what I'm saying is irrelevant...

chefbritt said:
Gosh, I type so slow that four or five more people post before I'm able to hit submit. I feel like by the time I post what I'm saying is irrelevant...

Don't worry about it! I do that all the time!

hoosierchef said:
Just for the record, I meant that I thought the Cards were really a neat idea. It didn't even hit me that her website was on there. When I saw her standing there with her apron on, which has the PC logo, that's when I began to question it's legality.

You're right - they are awesome looking!

They are cool- but still illegal...

Yep. But if they aren't an authorized vendor.....this page really has me wondering now. They could get in some deep doo doo.....check it out. It has the PC logo on there!

http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/70.html

Maybe they are our new vendor! <wink wink> Just kidding. ;)

Now that I'm looking at it they have two other templates where they use the logo and product pictures that look like they're from HO.

Ooooh yeah, it sure does. I'm thinkin' big no-no! I only saw the card with Dannelle on it at first, not the other ones.

Here ya go Gillian....Here's another one for ya.

http://www.ouhsc.edu/campusnotices/cbb_item.cfm?RecordID=2424

I really think that some people just don't think about it when they put it up there. As a newbie, who didn't have access to this site, I probably would have made some pretty big bonehead mistakes too.

If she just used them to do biz cards and they use her as an example or sample template, I would think its on the vendor, not the consultant.

AJPratt said:
If she just used them to do biz cards and they use her as an example or sample template, I would think its on the vendor, not the consultant.

Yeah....I would have to agree with you Ann. Although, she most likely had to give them permission to use her card.

I had a site use my info without my permission... I wouldn't go after the consultant. I'd go after the website. As consultants we have permission to use the logo (within guidelines, of course).

BTW, Tammi, I love your quote... its a good reminder for everyone.

I agree with Anne. Besides we all can find yourselves in a bit of a jam at times. Maybe extending a little grace would be good.

AJPratt said:
BTW, Tammi, I love your quote... its a good reminder for everyone.

Thanks Anne! I actually "stole" that from my Best Friend. She used to be in HR and used that in her sig line. I loved it and have been using it ever since! Kind of a reminder that you never know what someone else is going through....... Judge not.......

Sending it to HO isn't a death sentence- they will sort out who is at fault, if anyone. I really doubt that she has no idea that her card is on their site though...

I think it would be on the business, too, not the consultant. She may just be the "model".

WOW, I'm not here to comment on the legality, but I LOVE it!! I want a picture of me like that...I'd need someone to come set it all up and make me look nice, but that'd ROCK!

Very nice, but the price really isn't any cheaper than Merrill, so I don't get it. :confused:

gilliandanielle said:
Sending it to HO isn't a death sentence- they will sort out who is at fault, if anyone. I really doubt that she has no idea that her card is on their site though...
No it isn't... But I don't know if I would want someone to bring that kind of attention to me. I'd report the site.

And, I'm not too sure about the follow through of HO.

It says "Made exclusively for Pampered Chef". Totally not allowed!

Having the card made would be fine I would think. She didn't give them the logo or tag line but the advertisement on the web is a big no no.

She is NOT "The Pampered Chef" - none of are! We represent The Pamperred Chef - BIG DIFFERENCE!!

I don't think its necesarily her putting the card up there.

AJPratt said:
I don't think its necesarily her putting the card up there.
I think that's true but she needs to contact the website and let them know that we are not allowed.

PS: I hadn't read through the whole thread before posting and I do agree that it probably isn't her doing. THe thing that REALLY bothers me though is the line (not on her card) that it was prepared for the Pampered Chef.

I totally agree Beth! This gal may have no clue, but I would want to know if my info was being used incorrecty.

This company is definetly breaking copyright law.

although I gotta admit I think they are cool.....
I would never support a rule breaker though....

BethCooks4U said:
I think that's true but she needs to contact the website and let them know that we are not allowed.

PS: I hadn't read through the whole thread before posting and I do agree that it probably isn't her doing. THe thing that REALLY bothers me though is the line (not on her card) that it was prepared for the Pampered Chef.
No, you are absolutely right! I did mention earlier that PC should contact the company.

etteluap70PC said:
I totally agree Beth! This gal may have no clue, but I would want to know if my info was being used incorrecty.

This company is definetly breaking copyright law.

although I gotta admit I think they are cool.....
I would never support a rule breaker though....
Are they? I'm not entirely sure they're directly violating copyright law, since the only logo is on a piece of clothing the subject is wearing. My photo has appeared in magazines where the Ford logo is on clothing that I am wearing - although in fairness, there was no implication that I was representing Ford Motor Company in any way, other than as a car owner.

This printing company may be bending the rules a lot but they might not be breaking them. Her web address is on display but not linked directly. If it were my company, I would have obscured her personal info.

That's why TPC has hot and cold running lawyers - let them decide.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Are they? I'm not entirely sure they're directly violating copyright law, since the only logo is on a piece of clothing the subject is wearing. My photo has appeared in magazines where the Ford logo is on clothing that I am wearing - although in fairness, there was no implication that I was representing Ford Motor Company in any way, other than as a car owner.

This printing company may be bending the rules a lot but they might not be breaking them. Her web address is on display but not linked directly. If it were my company, I would have obscured her personal info.

That's why TPC has hot and cold running lawyers - let them decide.
Again:
The thing that REALLY bothers me though is the line (not on her card) that it was prepared for the Pampered Chef.

And I do agree KG, let's let PC decide.

I was mostly talking about the other cards on this link, not so much the one of the gal in the kitchen. This co. is using the PC logo and it does not seem right to me.

http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/70.html

I am no lawer either and if I am wrong I would like to know....

We were talking about buis cards on another thread and it was stated that it was definetly "against the rules to take the PC logo to a comercial printer". Isn't that what what is hapening here?

hoosierchef said:
Yeah....I would have to agree with you Ann. Although, she most likely had to give them permission to use her card.

My DH took some engament pics for his siter and the place where she got her invites used the pics for their phonebook ad. We were surprised when we saw it in the phonebook.

BethCooks4U said:
You know this could be a new vendor??

You are totally right Beth, it could be...

That is why I am doing nothing other than giving an opinion.... and saying for now I will not personally purchase anything from them.

I do like their designs but like I said I will not (knowingly) support a rule breaker.

I knew when I said this "This company is definetly breaking copyright law." on a previous post it would get me in trouble.

Oh well se la vie.... (sp?)
(such is life)

etteluap70PC said:
You are totally right Beth, it could be...

That is why I am doing nothing other than giving an opinion.... and saying for now I will not personally purchase anything from them.

I do like their designs but like I said I will not (knowingly) support a rule breaker.

I knew when I said this "This company is definetly breaking copyright law." on a previous post it would get me in trouble.

Oh well se la vie.... (sp?)
(such is life)
Well, if it is a new vendor they are jumping the gun and if not they are breaking copyright so they do need to be reported!

I did not mean to come off harsh.
It always reads that way when I am trying to make a point.

now back to reading posts when I should be doing house work... :D

Well, if they are a new vendor why would they be using a picture of a retired product on the card sample? I have a feeling that they are not approved. Also, notice that they refer to the company as "Pampered Chef".....not "The Pampered Chef". I guess we'll have to wait and see.

pamperedlinda said:
Well, if they are a new vendor why would they be using a picture of a retired product on the card sample? I have a feeling that they are not approved. Also, notice that they refer to the company as "Pampered Chef".....not "The Pampered Chef". I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Lot's of red flags, aren't there!

BethCooks4U said:
Lot's of red flags, aren't there!
Yep, but they do have nice cards! Maybe they should be an authorized vendor.

We know we are getting a new clothing vendor and since they aren't offering logo clothing or other promo items I don't think this is legit.

<h2>What is the website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152?</h2><p>The website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152 is a site that sells customizable backgrounds for various electronic devices.</p><h2>Is it legal to use these backgrounds?</h2><p>As a representative of Pampered Chef, I cannot provide a definitive answer on the legality of using these backgrounds. It is always best to check with the website and the device manufacturer for any copyright or licensing restrictions.</p><h2>Have any of you seen this website before?</h2><p>I cannot speak for all employees at Pampered Chef, but personally, I have not seen this website before. However, there are many similar websites that offer customizable backgrounds for electronic devices.</p><h2>What makes this website unique?</h2><p>This website offers a wide variety of backgrounds for different devices, as well as the option to customize backgrounds with your own images or designs. This sets it apart from other websites that may only offer pre-made designs.</p><h2>Do you think this is a good idea?</h2><p>As a representative of Pampered Chef, I am not able to express personal opinions on this matter. However, it can be a fun and creative way for individuals to personalize their electronic devices.</p>

What is the website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152?

The website http://www.bizprintsolutions.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=152 is a site that sells customizable backgrounds for various electronic devices.

Is it legal to use these backgrounds?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, I cannot provide a definitive answer on the legality of using these backgrounds. It is always best to check with the website and the device manufacturer for any copyright or licensing restrictions.

Have any of you seen this website before?

I cannot speak for all employees at Pampered Chef, but personally, I have not seen this website before. However, there are many similar websites that offer customizable backgrounds for electronic devices.

What makes this website unique?

This website offers a wide variety of backgrounds for different devices, as well as the option to customize backgrounds with your own images or designs. This sets it apart from other websites that may only offer pre-made designs.

Do you think this is a good idea?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, I am not able to express personal opinions on this matter. However, it can be a fun and creative way for individuals to personalize their electronic devices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • pamperedbecky
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies