• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Thought the Economy Was in the Gutter....

In summary, People DO have money, and they DO need our products. Sweet! God job! The Director always tells me to "There are people with money, we just have to find them." Great job! My team has had a lot of success lately with high shows and economy-proofing. I'm so busy I can't do all the shows, but people are booking close to each other which I've never really had before. Crazy and loving it.
jwpamp
....until I turned in my last 2 shows -- one was $1382 and one was $1128. Yikes! I need to get on the phone again today...I have 6 shows booked for March and 4 for April so far.

People DO have money and they DO need our products!

Who knew?

Sweet!!! God Job!

Wow, that is awesome!!

My Director always tells me that, "There are people with money, we just have to find them."

Great job!

Im right there with you Janice...I just closed out a 1230.00 show and my other Feb shows were very reasonable. I have a gal closing a book show at $600.00. I have 10 cooking shows on my calendar for March, a kickoff to a fundraiser on the 30th, and a gal doing a fundraiser for the 3 day walk that will go on March and April and we'll close out may so we can have it as a May show. The baker is the huge hit for me..I'm selling them outright to customers as shows. I have my book show hosts staple a little postcard type flyer on the catalog that explains about the baker. I think that they need some good info about this piece since some may not see it in action if they just pick up the catalog. My host sold 3 bakers just from her book show.
I will attach but it's in publisher and PDF. Im so proud of myself for figuring out how to change it over to PDF..,yeah me
karlene reaser

Attachments

• deep covered baker postcard.pdf
    45.6 KB · Views: 344
  • deep covered baker postcard.pub
    71 KB · Views: 258
Great idea. And I agree about the economy and high shows...three of us on my team had $1000 shows this month!

I think the people who have money are just picky on what they are going to spend it on!

If 10% of people are unemployed, there's still 90% of adults who are employed. And they're looking to cut expenses, including going out to eat. That's where we come in. They can invest in some good tools to make dining in easier.

Yup, our business is recession-proof

I quit listening to the news when they start talking about the economy...they only want to give us the negative side. If we stay positive; things will turn around.
I've had some low shows this month & one host did blame it on the economy...but the reality is I don't think she tried hard to get orders; just didn't ask those that didn't come & I couldn't convince her to.

I agree! I love that I'm in the PC business b/c I'm busier now than ever before! People want shows to get free stuff. Their guests order b/c it's a justified cost. It is all about your attitude and the attitude of your host.I just had a catalog show (after a couple weeks, she had ONE $14 order!). She was really just doing it for the knife block set and was prepared to spend the rest to make it a show. She figured it's the economy b/c she really asked a lot of people. I told her CALL people you haven't heard a no thank you from. She really only had a day to do it, but she came back with an $80 order! I told her that people are giving PC more b/c it's practical and they know it's great quality, which SHE knows. I'm not saying that some people aren't affected by the economy. But only THEY can know that. Prejudging won't help. Off to another show today. Two VERY excited hosts that have outside orders "rolling" in and a good size group coming.I'm getting so many yeses lately, I'm almost scared to call. Not enough TIME to do these shows b/c people are booking so close, which I've NEVER really had! Crazy and loving it.

Janice, I am so glad to hear this from you, I was getting a little bit worried.

I have a show right now that is $50 away from $1000! She is calling two more people who could not make it.. Keeping my fingers crossed for her!

Kelly V.

I just had a 900 show and got 9 yes 9 bookings on my calender from that 1 show Wow I am so excited

lacychef said:
I quit listening to the news when they start talking about the economy...they only want to give us the negative side. If we stay positive; things will turn around.
I've had some low shows this month & one host did blame it on the economy...but the reality is I don't think she tried hard to get orders; just didn't ask those that didn't come & I couldn't convince her to.

I agree! I was talking to some ladies today at a booth including one who just started Discovery Toys and was asking about how I get my bookings. I had my highest month ever in November and my highest show ever last week!

lacychef said:

I do the same thing, Lacy... I think if we just focus on the positive- or try to find it, and make changes that will effect things in a positive way- then things will get better.

I was at Target today- and judging on how long it took me to check out, I'd say that all though things are tough, people are still spending money. Just maybe not as much.

I don't think it can hurt to go back to the days where you only bought the things you needed, and saved for the things that you wanted really bad...we don't need a Walgreens or Starbucks on every corner anyway... :)

jwpamp said:
....until I turned in my last 2 shows -- one was $1382 and one was $1128. Yikes! I need to get on the phone again today...I have 6 shows booked for March and 4 for April so far.

People DO have money and they DO need our products!

Who knew?

Way to go, Janine...that's awesome! Happy Dance!!
mistick_bananaparty.gif

Its official I just closed out the show and it is ...........$1017!!!

What bad economy!??

Kelly V.

Wow, impressive, how do you do it???
I'm a new consultant (nov 08) with only 5 shows. Any ideas would be appreciated to jump start my business. I've been cautioned at work (no sales talk, no flyers, etc). Any creative ideas? I'll give it a go!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!

Chef Nana Liz

That is awesome Janice!

The economy isn't great. That is the beauty of PC! We sell a product that people need even when the economy is in the gutter!

I witnessed this first hand when I did a Ladies Night Out last week with 6 other vendors. I was the ONLY one there who sold enough to call it a show, and also the ONLY one there who got bookings! The ladies who came flocked to the Pampered Chef area, and all evening I had a group of women surrounding me!

So, I don't think that all DS businesses are doing as well as we are. I feel blessed that I chose PC!

Since Jan, I have had 2 1K shows, 2 over $900 and 5 have been over $500 with one catty show at $150 just to get the baker and another one at $350. So...I have been very successful these last 2 months, and I say the same thing...people will spend it on what they want to, and they aren't going to waste it on junk. I did 4K in Feb.

chefann said:
If 10% of people are unemployed, there's still 90% of adults who are employed. And they're looking to cut expenses, including going out to eat. That's where we come in. They can invest in some good tools to make dining in easier.

Dave Ramsey likes to say that at the height of the Depression, only 12% of people were unemployed. That means 88% were employed.

Where I am right now, the unemployment rate is only 5%. It's affecting charities and those who are unemployed, yes. But that still means 95% of people have jobs around here.

Indiana has the 9th highest unemployment rate in the country (at 9.2%). While I am doing less shows now, they are not necessarily lower in sales.

At this point, it is about making the most of what I can get. People are still spending money, just on things that are more meaningful to them. The more we show them the value of what we sell, the more we can sell.

We are nearing 10% and my shows are lower but I am doing more of them.

Well, I just did a show today. The first in 3 weeks (Mexico the first week, then mostly reschedules and my own lack of phone time)...but this one was over $1000 also.

Hmmm.....that makes 3 shows over $1000 in a row. Maybe this business is worth a shot....!!!!! Ha!

did a show last thurs. and she's at 800 right now..had a show today and she's at 1100.00...have a show this tues. and my male host has 25 coming and already has 400 in orders...I'd say he's going to have a good show...iI'm really trying to recruit him...he's close. I have a show thurs as well, and she has 14 coming...another show next sunday and she has 15 confirmed...I'd say people are loving PC whooohoooo

What are you two making to have such high shows kreaser and Janice? I know it's attendance and host coaching too but I'd still love to know what your recipes have been.

I have been doing the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the DCB for the last 3 months. Easy, quick, and I am selling DCBs like crazy! I think I sold 6 today. There were only 10 guests.

Thanks for sharing Janice. I've chickened out and haven't made it or offered it yet because of all the conflicting advice/results and opinions posted on CS about this recipe. UGH!! I'm just a chicken ;)

Don't knock it til you try it....the recipe is AMAZING and comes out perfect every time. I do use a little less enchilada sauce and leave out the onion since many people can get heartburn after eating them, don't want anyone to think it was the recipe itself!I am selling 3-8 DCBs at every show! I give them the recipe at checkout and send them the flyer from here with the DCB recipes.

I had a $1100 show this month....biz is hopping!

jwpamp said:
Don't knock it til you try it....the recipe is AMAZING and comes out perfect every time.

I do use a little less enchilada sauce and leave out the onion since many people can get heartburn after eating them, don't want anyone to think it was the recipe itself!

I am selling 3-8 DCBs at every show! I give them the recipe at checkout and send them the flyer from here with the DCB recipes.

Wow! Sounds like you are selling the one item everyone needs.:thumbup:

DebbieJ said:
I had a $1100 show this month....biz is hopping!

Hope it stays that way!!!

I've been making the grilled chicken penne pasta..they love it...I also have been making up the garlicy biscuits usually in the 10 in saute pan with 2 cans of the biscuits...for dessert I have a trifle of some sort...or now I'm going to start making the fruit dessert pizza again...A good 'ole PC recipe.
they all want that baker...some buy it straight out, and the others seem to book for it..it's working
I did make the fajitas yesterday for my 1100 show....most had already seen the penne pasta....I started making the penne pasta in Jan. when it came out.

Just to support what others are saying. I just had a show where only 3 guests showed up (host truly didn't know many people). These were all regular working folks; no 'high-rollers.' We did a jamician seasonings version of the 30m chicken (caribbean theme). The total sales, including 2 outside orders, was over $500. People value value.

My last 4 shows have been over $500 each. The economy doesn't seem to be an influencing factor here. And a lady wanted a food chopper, went to my website and ordered $230! Woo Hoo!

Thank you ladies. I guess I'll give the lasagna and penne pasta a try for my April shows. I appreciate you sharing :)

Related to I Thought the Economy Was in the Gutter....

1. How did you turn in such high sales during a time when the economy is struggling?

At Pampered Chef, we offer high-quality kitchen products that are essential for everyday cooking. During tough economic times, people tend to cook at home more often to save money, making our products even more in demand.

2. What strategies did you use to achieve such impressive sales numbers?

I focused on reaching out to my network and booking as many shows as possible. I also emphasized the benefits of our products, such as their durability and time-saving features, which appealed to customers looking to save money and time in the kitchen.

3. Are people really willing to spend money on non-essential items like kitchen gadgets during a recession?

Yes, our products may seem like non-essential items, but they actually help people save money in the long run. For example, our high-quality cookware lasts for years, reducing the need for frequent replacements. Plus, investing in tools that make cooking at home easier can ultimately save money on dining out.

4. How do you stay motivated to continue booking shows and making sales during a tough economic climate?

I remind myself that our products are not only great for cooking, but also make great gifts. During the holiday season, for example, people are still willing to spend money on gifts for loved ones, and our products make great gifts for anyone who loves to cook.

5. What advice do you have for others in sales during a recession?

Don't be afraid to reach out to your network and promote the benefits of your products. During tough economic times, people are looking for ways to save money and improve their lives, and your products may be just the solution they need. Also, focus on building relationships with your customers and providing excellent customer service to keep them coming back for more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies