• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Successful Business from Home with a Low Economy

I offer a fully interactive show where guests get to choose the recipe. I flutter around between the groups and answer any questions. I do a 3 minute spiel on upcoming specials and do the booking and recruiting slide. I've never had problems getting bookings, but that thing has made it MUCH more simple!!!
milkangel
but this time my husband had said that he needs or we need income from the pampered chef now. he still does not want me to work out side of the home but from home. I ddhad a booth on sat and got 5 mabies and one did book for july. but what about the others? how can i make this work to become full time income with a low economy here. what Can i do? or what do you DO?

Hi Milkangel! I'm so happy to see your post. I've been wondering about you, since I haven't seen you around CS in awhile.The one person who did book, what did you say to them? What interested them in booking a show? Let us know what you're saying and offering now, and maybe we can help you tweak it a little to get even better results.

booths i do a free cooking show. shows i can not get bookings.

When you're at shows, what do you say during the show to make guests interested in booking? What do you say at check-out?Also, have you done the online training for both Host Coaching and Full-Service Checkout? Even if you have, but it's been awhile, I suggest doing it again (I'm going to, as I need to get more shows booked, too!!).

i show the bookings slide and explaine the host benifets with past host and i akse every one at check out and they always says no

I have to go to bed soon, so I'll try to help you more tomorrow. Best place to start, though, is with the online training. Learn from the top people in the company!! Hopefully, others here will offer you some great tips, too.

my computer is so slow

milkangel said:
my computer is so slow

Can you get to the library and use one of their computer's or maybe a friend's?

I am doing the same thing Sarah and Milkangel. I am going through the on-line courses again too as I need a "kick" as well. So milkangel, see if you can find someone with a faster computer. I pick up something new each time I do so...
Time some new ideas for me too!

Try listening to a tele course. Maybe you can save them on a jump drive at a library.

I don't offer free cooking shows or giveaways at my booths. I use a tri-fold board to draw them in - advertising the specials & then strike up a conversation. Conversation being the key word there! I don't hit them up with a sales pitch, I just chat with them. I just ask them how they are doing & go from there. If they indicate that they are a huge fan of the product, I ask them if they would like to be on my monthly e-mail newsletter which features a new recipe each month. If they've stopped at my table & are talking, they are pretty much fans & 90% usually say yes to the newsletter. (I don't get offended at the others. ;)) Then, while they are filling out the contact form, I politely inform them that they can get lots of stuff on their wish list for free & at a discount by hosting a show. I usually come away from a 5 hour booth with at least a dozen or so GOOD leads, $200-$250 in sales & 2-3 bookings with that method. 3 of the 12 girls on my team were people that I met by working a booth.I do the fully interactive cooking shows. I set out all the tools and the recipe(s) and the ingredients. When the show starts, I introduce myself, tell them that this is a FULLY interactive cooking show (throwing in that it's my theory, that if they can't go home & repeat what was done at the show, what's the point of being there?), then without pausing I instruct them what recipe(s) the host chose & instruct them to go wash their hands so we can get started. First ones to the table get to choose which recipe they do (since we normally have 2-3 recipes going). Some will RUN to the sink to beat the group! Then I basically just flutter around between the groups and answer any questions or pop in & show them an easier way to get their task accomplished. After it's all done & everyone is eating, I do about a 3 minute spiel on the upcoming specials & I now do the booking & recruiting slide. I've never had problems getting bookings, but that thing has made it MUCH more simple!!! They really seem to pay attention as I go through the different slides & briefly explain each one. I then flip it over & do the recruiting slide too. 6 of the 12 in my downline signed after attending one of my shows & listening to that segment. I just started doing the B&R slide this year. I also started the full service checkout where I have the 3 piles. When they come to me with their order, I quickly ask them if they had fun & if they have any questions, then calculate their order & get their payment. Before giving them their receipt, I put my hand on the consultant info stack & ask if they would like to take home more information to learn about being a consultant. It's very rare to not have any takers! I usually take 5 groups of paperwork and normally give out 1-3 at every show. If they say yes, I quickly go over the Come Join Us booklet, the New Consultant Booklet, what all is included in the New Consultant Kit & any promos that are current for new recruits. Then I explain that the best way to get started is by hosing their own show. If they said no to recruiting, I keep smiling & tell them it's okay! I then put my hand on the stack of host packets & ask if they were interested in hosting a show. If they say yes, I stop & set a date & give them a packet on the spot, or get an estimated month that they would like to host and make a note for myself to follow up with them before the 6 month expiration for the booking benefit expires. If they said no to hosting, I'm still smiling (I don't take a no as a personal attack at all!) and tell them that I'm giving them copies of the recipe(s) that we did today (my 3rd stack). I hand them the recipes and their receipt together.But there are very successful people who do all different sorts of shows and methods! You just need to find what feels natural to you and go with it! ;)Good Luck!!! :D

a lot of the times i give a 10 dollars off your next order. I throw that in sometims but depends on the crowd. Fo one thing i can never get any one excited about the free stuff or the host specials. even when i talk about it at a show. also i have no idea what works for me. i whing it a lot.

milkangel, I think that's my biggest problem - winging it. I learned at Director's Express that you need an opening, the demo, a game, and a closing, plus the full-service check-out. I'm going to write up my opening and closing, and start using them at my next show (which, right now, isn't until the 13th - I need to get on the phone!!). Part of my closing will be the Booking & Recruiting slide.

i have been calling people from the past slips and i came up with 2 possibles in june ut nee to call them in 2 weeks. so i have 1 in may here and 2 in june and one in july and one in sept. i am going to be talking to a diferent lady tomarrow and she sells tuppawere and she will robably have a show for me sometime but not sure when becuse she does not have pc rep.

Good for you for getting on the phone!! Having 2 shows booked in June is great, because it's Sell-A-Thon, plus, those hosts can get the awesome new product at 60% off. Now, work on your host coaching, to keep them excited and working towards $1000 shows.

milkangel said:
i have been calling people from the past slips and i came up with 2 possibles in june ut nee to call them in 2 weeks. so i have 1 in may here and 2 in june and one in july and one in sept. i am going to be talking to a diferent lady tomarrow and she sells tuppawere and she will robably have a show for me sometime but not sure when becuse she does not have pc rep.

If you are looking for money NOW, I would encourage you to BOOK IN CLOSE. "Sell" the benefits of booking now, not in July and September!! Tell those hosts that is they move their show to May, they will be able to get the May hostess special from their show, and still get the other months WHEN their friends book in those months.

Another thought, encourage your hostess to help with bookings!! THEY get the booking benefit, so they will want their friends to book!! Not to mention the 10% off they will get also!!

Sheila,
You mentioned a recruiting slide?? I have and have always used the booking slide. Am I missing somthing? Is there also a slide for recruiting? Thanks in Advance.
JEN

punkie1019 said:
Sheila,
You mentioned a recruiting slide?? I have and have always used the booking slide. Am I missing somthing? Is there also a slide for recruiting? Thanks in Advance.
JEN

If you order the one that is on Supply Order - it's a booking slide on one side, and a recruiting slide on the other.

Becky beat me to it! Yes, the one on the supply order is very much worth the price! ;)

1. How can I start a successful business from home with a low economy?

Starting a business from home with a low economy can be challenging, but there are a few key steps you can take to increase your chances of success. First, research your target market and make sure there is a demand for your product or service. Next, create a solid business plan and budget to help guide your decisions. Utilize cost-effective marketing strategies, such as social media and word-of-mouth, to reach potential customers. Lastly, focus on providing high-quality products or services and excellent customer service to build a loyal customer base.

2. What are some cost-effective marketing strategies for a home-based business?

Social media is a great tool for promoting your business without spending a lot of money. Create a business page on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and regularly post about your products or services. Collaborate with other businesses or influencers in your niche to reach a wider audience. Additionally, networking through local community events or online groups can help you connect with potential customers. Lastly, don't underestimate the power of word-of-mouth marketing - encourage satisfied customers to spread the word about your business to their friends and family.

3. How important is having a solid business plan for a home-based business?

A business plan is crucial for any business, including a home-based one. It helps you identify your target market, set realistic goals, and create a roadmap for achieving them. A business plan also forces you to consider potential challenges and come up with solutions beforehand. This can save you time and money in the long run and increase your chances of success.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when running a home-based business in a low economy?

One common mistake is underpricing your products or services in an attempt to attract more customers. While it may seem like a good idea in the short term, it can hurt your profits and make it difficult to sustain your business in the long run. Another mistake is not keeping track of expenses and income. It's important to have a clear understanding of your finances to make informed decisions and avoid overspending. Lastly, don't neglect customer service - even if your business is small, providing excellent customer service can help you stand out and retain customers.

5. How can I stay motivated and focused while working from home in a low economy?

Working from home can be challenging, especially in a low economy. It's important to set specific goals and create a schedule to keep yourself accountable. Make sure to take breaks and set boundaries to avoid burnout. Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends and family who can offer encouragement and advice. Lastly, remember why you started your business in the first place and stay passionate about your goals - this can help you stay motivated even during tough times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies