• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Think I Am Having One of Those Days...

is "in search of". I have been hearing it more and more. I think it's because the word is being used in reference to finding something on the internet. I always thought it was in reference to finding something that one is looking for. I also notice that I sometimes slip into a less formal writing voice when I am on the forum. I think that it's a good thing that we are not being graded on here! Thanks for the summary, Andrea.
soonerchef
You now were you sea every mis-spelling in every post and all you can think about is going back and correcting them? I now that I have had won or too boo-boos in my day, you now...hear and their? but, hey...who's counting write?

Anyone KWIM?

I totally agree!Andrea, as a former spelling bee champion, I definitely KWYM. Typos are one thing, but Mrs. Ratzloff (my 3rd grade teacher) would cringe at the number of words spelled incorrectly. I notice them all, too. Yikes!!! To all of you bad spellers, please know that all this is said with a light heart and in a playful manner. I know that everyone has their 'thing'. Trust me, my husband is a terrible speller, but he knows the difference between nano-technology and a quantum hologram. I just say, quant...um what????? Anyway, I think that soonerchef and I should have been English teachers instead of PC consultants (and in my case, an accountant).;) Keep on spellin' on.....

Me too!I have a degree in Elementary Education and bad spelling drives me crazy! My husband will come home from work and say, "You should have seen the sign I saw today!" Sometimes I think I'm the only person who proofreads the e-mail messages I'm sending. To be honest, I wish I could lighten up a bit:D , but I guess that kind of habit comes in handy when corresponding with hosts and customers.

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

I am glad that you guys saw this as what I meant...definately in a light hearted manner!

As you can see, I have issues with even putting this thread in the right spot, oops...should have been in the chef's lounge! :rolleyes:

My ears were itching... I knew someone was talking about me! I don't proof read when I am on Forums, but worry not; I do when I write e-mails and articles. :p

I have my B.A. in English Writing & Rhetoric and I notice it, but know that other people aren't EW & R majors. I slip into a comfortable writing voice on the forum and let grammar and tech writing slip. It is a good thing we are not being graded on here!

What I don't get is all of the tech slang. Like what does DH mean or KWIM or some of the other abbreviated phrases ya'll use? I try to piece it together based on the text (just got KWIM), but usually I have no clue!! Is there some dictionary or do you make them up as you go hoping other people get your gist?

Last edited:
Here are some of the ones I know

DH - Dear Husband or Derranged Husband, depends on how one feels that day
KWIM - Know What I Mean
TIA - Thanks in Advance
CC - Consultant's Corner
TPC/PC - Pampered Chef
KCN - Kitchen Consultant News
LOL - Laugh Out Loud or Lots of Love...again, depends

That's all I can think of for now!

Ooo, did I mis-spell anything?

thanks for the DH...that has drove me crazy for months!! another one that drove me crazy was ISO (in search of), PP (pampered partner)

sorry if i misspelled something..my hands outrun my brain!

Chef Kearns said:
I'm an English Writing & Rhetoric major and I notice it, but know that other people aren't EW & R majors. I slip into a comfortable writing voice on the forum and let grammar and tech writing slip. It is a good thing we are not being graded on here!

What I don't get is all of the tech slang. Like what does DH mean or KWIM or some of the other abbreviated phrases ya'll use mean? I try to piece it together based on the text (just got KWIM), but usually I have no clue!! Is there some dictionary or do you make them up as you go hoping other people get your gist?

Try this site maybe it will help...
http://www.web-friend.com/help/lingo/chatslang.html

Me tooI also have a degree in Elementary Education. I am staying at home with our girls for the time being. It's nice to take a break from teaching! I am finding more and more people who are doing the same thing.

I, too, have a spelling "thing"... Always have. And I married a man who writes to me as being his little 'angle' (rather than angel) and his "sweat" heart. LOL!

I am loving doing PC, by the way.
This is a great site!
:)

sivlepa said:

I, too, have a spelling "thing"... Always have. And I married a man who writes to me as being his little 'angle' (rather than angel) and his "sweat" heart. LOL!
:)

Oh, the "Angel/angle" thing drives me nuts, my grandmother lives on a street called Wolfangel and everyone pronounces it "wolfangle"...arrrggg.

The other one that drives me nuts is that a lot of people don't know the difference between to, too and two.

Local slang perhaps worseWhat's almost worse than the spelling is the horrible grammar I've heard here. I try to lovingly ignore it since, as we've all said, the offenders probably have their own expertise in something. But when people say "Have you went..." and "This lawn needs mowed..." something inside me dies. Yeah.

My degree is in journalism so I also get to go crazy when someone inaccurately recalls something they saw on TV which was probably wrong anyway (because as any newspaper reporter will tell you, TV people always get it wrong). ;)

I know what you all mean! I want to correct the mistakes too - in fact most of the edits I do on my posts are for typos I find after submitting (Oh... I'm going to add a spell check to the ideas Greg is looking for to improve the site!).

I also have a problem with LONGGGGG paragraphs. Please break them up! I have a really hard time reading them and usually just skip over those posts - I'm sure I'm missing some good information :eek: but it hurts my eyes to try to read them.

And punctuation... It is hard to read posts in all caps or no caps.

I love you all and would never want to hurt your feelings! Just trying to help. :eek:

I remember watching a segment (?Today show?) quite a while back, more than likely when I was on maternity leave or vacation since I don't ever get to watch morning shows during the weekdays normally.

Anyway, it was something about how people mainly speedread and they posted several words at the bottom of the screen and at first I didn't pay any attention, but they were all jumbled up in the middle. They said something like if the first and last letter are what they are supposed to be then people pretty much get the jist of it, it reminded me of an email I had gotten where there were quite a few mistakes then it turned out to be a hoax to trick your mind, because you didn't catch it until you went back and really looked at it.

But usually I have to laugh to myself at some of the things I read, but what really annoys me is when my ex's new wife puts something stupid in my oldest son's homework book and he spells better than she does and he just turned 9! And SHE is trying to help him with homework when he goes over there.....gggrrrrrrr:rolleyes: :mad: :eek: don't know which face fits this better!

1. What is "I Think I Am Having One of Those Days..."?

"I Think I Am Having One of Those Days..." is a cookbook published by Pampered Chef. It contains a variety of recipes designed to make busy days a little easier and more enjoyable.

2. What types of recipes are included in "I Think I Am Having One of Those Days..."?

The cookbook includes a mix of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert recipes. There are also recipes for snacks, appetizers, and drinks. All of the recipes are quick and easy to make, perfect for busy days.

3. Are the recipes in "I Think I Am Having One of Those Days..." healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in the cookbook are designed to be healthy and nutritious. They use fresh ingredients and include options for different dietary needs, such as vegetarian or gluten-free.

4. Can I purchase "I Think I Am Having One of Those Days..." online?

Yes, you can purchase the cookbook on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it at select retail locations.

5. Are there any tips or tricks included in "I Think I Am Having One of Those Days..."?

Yes, the cookbook includes helpful tips and tricks for meal prepping, saving time in the kitchen, and using Pampered Chef products to make cooking even easier. It also includes suggestions for variations and substitutions for different ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • DebbieSAChef