• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Handle a Difficult Hostess for My Direct Sales Business?

am...so...upset...everyone....I emailed a hostess for next week's show about working with her to get her guest list started, and she responded back that she had personal and work reasons that she couldn't work. I emailed her back and said do you want to reschedule for next month, and she said she didn't want to talk about it right now. I then emailed her back and said well this is my business and I understand about work and personal reasons, but the show is my source of income and when I don't have a show my bills don't get paid. Then she emailed me back and said, well you showed up 30 minutes late I am supposed to be there an hour before hand not
mommyhugz1978 said:
Like I said we all do it..... I am the most famous for doing it... My family says' it's a southern thing.... ( grew up in Alabama) but I start a conversation and then go off in another direction .... Oh welll

So now I know where I get it from since it is an Alabama thing!!:cool:

mommyhugz1978 said:
Like I said we all do it..... I am the most famous for doing it... My family says' it's a southern thing.... ( grew up in Alabama) but I start a conversation and then go off in another direction .... Oh welll

Leah my friend always called them Jennieisms since I stray off the subject alot.

jrstephens said:

Well....... the funny thing is that I am only one in my family that is like that..

Jennie4PC said:
Leah my friend always called them Jennieisms since I stray off the subject alot.

hehe or their called mommyisms....ever feel like your head is going a mile a min with kiddos? LOl I sure do...

I'm not southern either and I am all over the place. My husband and I will be talking, and then we'll be quiet for a second, and I'll start talking about something entirely different. And he'll say, "What it this about?" I'll have to explain my train of thought, which is usually very random.

jrstephens said:
I must have you confused with someone else?!?:confused: I thought you were in WI...

supergirljennie said:
I'm not southern either and I am all over the place. My husband and I will be talking, and then we'll be quiet for a second, and I'll start talking about something entirely different. And he'll say, "What it this about?" I'll have to explain my train of thought, which is usually very random.

You must not have been married very long :) After 23 yrs of marriage, my husband doesn't even question my thought process!! He just smiles and listens!

My kids will say "That's random!" whenever any of us say something that is off the topic :D

Nope, I have only been married 4 years, but we've been together 9. I think it's mostly that when I start speaking again, I talk about it like he should be on the same page as me.

I have only been married almost 4 months........ I can get him off topic easily... hehe partly becasue of a injury to his head that he has... becasue he can't remeber what we were just talking about.

sailortena said:
I am glad that everything happened for the better for you. And you are keeping up a relationship with this host.

I had a similar thing happen with me, I had a previous host who wanted to have another party, but one of the people she really wanted to come (who was a really big PC fan) got leukemia after recovering from breast cancer years before. With that crisis in mind, I didn't push but kept in touch with her and asked about her family member. She died last month, and my host decided she wanted to have a party in May to cheer the family up, and we are going to do something in memory of this family member during Help Whip Cancer.

What I am surprised at right now is how this thread was hijacked in a serious area to talk about something totally non-PC related. Shouldn't that stay in the Chef's Lounge or other off-topic areas?

My time is busy like everyone else, and I want to read about PC stuff in a PC thread, not a TV show I never watch.

Just trying to diffuse a tense situation....:D......humor helps, and that was the way the conversation bounced - besides, I have yet to see a thread on here that doesn't "chicken-track" at some point!;)

hehe so true.......

<h2>1. How do I approach a difficult hostess for my direct sales business?</h2><p>When dealing with a difficult hostess, it's important to remain calm and professional. Begin by listening to their concerns and addressing them in a respectful manner. It may also be helpful to remind them of the mutual benefits of hosting a successful show, such as earning free products and helping you grow your business.</p><h2>2. How do I handle a hostess who cancels or reschedules a show at the last minute?</h2><p>If a hostess cancels or reschedules a show at the last minute, it's important to be understanding of their reasons. However, it's also important to communicate the impact this has on your business and income. You can offer to reschedule for a later date or find alternative solutions, such as hosting a virtual show.</p><h2>3. How do I handle a hostess who is not happy with the products or services I provide?</h2><p>If a hostess is not satisfied with the products or services you provide, it's important to address their concerns and find a solution that works for both parties. This could include offering a refund or exchange, or providing additional support to ensure their satisfaction.</p><h2>4. How do I handle a hostess who tries to dictate how my business should run?</h2><p>If a hostess tries to give you unsolicited advice on how to run your business, it's important to remain professional and assertive. Thank them for their suggestions, but let them know that you have a system in place that works for you and your business. Remind them that each direct sales business is unique and what works for one may not work for another.</p><h2>5. How do I handle a difficult hostess who is also a friend or family member?</h2><p>Dealing with a difficult hostess who is also a friend or family member can be challenging. It's important to maintain a professional relationship and communicate your expectations clearly. Remind them that this is your business and you rely on successful shows for income. It may also be helpful to offer alternative solutions, such as hosting a smaller show or placing an order outside of a traditional party setting.</p>

1. How do I approach a difficult hostess for my direct sales business?

When dealing with a difficult hostess, it's important to remain calm and professional. Begin by listening to their concerns and addressing them in a respectful manner. It may also be helpful to remind them of the mutual benefits of hosting a successful show, such as earning free products and helping you grow your business.

2. How do I handle a hostess who cancels or reschedules a show at the last minute?

If a hostess cancels or reschedules a show at the last minute, it's important to be understanding of their reasons. However, it's also important to communicate the impact this has on your business and income. You can offer to reschedule for a later date or find alternative solutions, such as hosting a virtual show.

3. How do I handle a hostess who is not happy with the products or services I provide?

If a hostess is not satisfied with the products or services you provide, it's important to address their concerns and find a solution that works for both parties. This could include offering a refund or exchange, or providing additional support to ensure their satisfaction.

4. How do I handle a hostess who tries to dictate how my business should run?

If a hostess tries to give you unsolicited advice on how to run your business, it's important to remain professional and assertive. Thank them for their suggestions, but let them know that you have a system in place that works for you and your business. Remind them that each direct sales business is unique and what works for one may not work for another.

5. How do I handle a difficult hostess who is also a friend or family member?

Dealing with a difficult hostess who is also a friend or family member can be challenging. It's important to maintain a professional relationship and communicate your expectations clearly. Remind them that this is your business and you rely on successful shows for income. It may also be helpful to offer alternative solutions, such as hosting a smaller show or placing an order outside of a traditional party setting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcjenkunkel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LBurke