• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Help With Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco

In summary, jj16 suggests doubling the parmesan cheese and adding a tablespoon of rosemary herb seasoning, adding fresh mushrooms to the dish, and using whole wheat pasta. She also suggests leaving out the chicken and adding extra cherry tomatoes.
jj16
Gold Member
I have a show in a week. I've done this recipe before but it was a lot better the last couple of times I did it. The only thing I changed was I used whole wheat pasta. It really seemed bland - not enough flavor for me. Even though the recipe doesn't call for it I also use Sun-Dried Tomato spice and it still seemed bland to me. Does anyone use any other kind of spices or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

jj16:)

I double the parmesan cheese and I add a tablespoon of Rosemary Herb Seasoning

I added fresh mushrooms to it - put them in with the pasta to cook. I also add some greek or italian seasoning. Also extra Parm is a must!

I got the same results when using Whole Wheat pasta. I just use regular for this recipe. It is very good! The only thing I've ever added to it was fresh spinach at the end. I let it wilt down after cooking.

I cook the chicken in the grill pan, coated with the sun dried tomato dipping spice. Everyone loves it!

I use Italian seasoning; fresh mushrooms; fresh tomato cut in small pieces and lots and lots of parmesan. We love it! I let it stay in the micro for about 30 min.
Diane

I've actually found leaving out the chicken (making it Penne Al Fresco) allows the tomatoes, garlic and basil to really shine through. The chicken absorbs a bit of this and I find the recipe to boring with the meat in it. Everyone who has tasted both versions agrees with me and prefers when I leave out the chicken. It's a GREAT vegetarian dish to do at your shows.

I also put in a few extra cherry tomatoes a little and leave out the wine so there is less liquid. :chef:

I think it is much better with the garlic done with the garlic press than the sliced garlic!

Thanks for all the help. I tried it again and I also use pressed instead of sliced garlic. I used both sun-dried tomato and italian and I didn't use whole wheat pasta I just used the regular and it was awesome. jj16

1. How do I make the grilled chicken for Penne Al Fresco?

To make the grilled chicken for Penne Al Fresco, start by marinating boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Grill the chicken for about 6-8 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips to add to your pasta dish.

2. What vegetables should I use in this dish?

This recipe calls for grape tomatoes, red bell pepper, and zucchini, but you can use any vegetables you prefer. Other great options include mushrooms, broccoli, or asparagus. Just make sure to chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces before adding them to the dish.

3. Can I use a different type of pasta?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like for this dish. Penne is recommended because the ridges in the pasta hold onto the sauce well, but you can also use rotini, bowtie, or even spaghetti. Just make sure to cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain it well before adding it to the dish.

4. How can I make this dish vegetarian?

To make this dish vegetarian, simply omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add extra vegetables or protein alternatives like tofu or chickpeas for a heartier meal.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time. Prepare the pasta and sauce as directed, but do not add the cheese. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat the pasta in a pan on the stove, adding a little bit of water or broth if it looks dry. Once heated through, add the cheese and stir until melted. Top with the grilled chicken before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Debbie.A.NOC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • babywings76