• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Apple, Cranberry and Almond Twist Recipe

In summary, the conversation was about a recipe for an Apple Cranberry & Almond Twist. The ingredients and directions were discussed, including how to make mini loaves. The conversation ends with the host expressing gratitude for the recipe.
GRITS
My host is wanting this and I do not have it. This is expected to be a big party and I want to pratice before hand.

Here you go! Enjoy! :)

Apple Cranberry & Almond Twist

1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
2/3 cup sliced almonds, divided
2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Peel, core and slice apple using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; coarsely chop using Food Chopper. Place apple, cranberries, granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon in Classic Batter Bowl. Grate 1/3 cup of the almonds into apple mixture using Deluxe Cheese Grater; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).
2. Place bread dough, seam sides up, on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using Serrated Bread Knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Using Baker's Roller(TM), roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf.
3. Spoon half of the apple mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on Rectangle Stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8," keeping ends of dough 1 inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist.
4. Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Beat egg white; lightly brush over dough using Pastry Brush. Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.
5. Sprinkle dough evenly with remaining 1/3 cup almonds, pressing gently.
Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. In clean small batter bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Drizzle glaze over loaf; let stand until glaze is set. Cut into 16 slices. Serve warm.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: (Light) Calories 170, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 1 g
Cook's Tip: To make mini loaves, lightly spray Mini Loaf Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare, fill and seal dough as directed in Steps 1-3. Cut each loaf crosswise in half. Pinch ends to seal; place in pan. Cut a 3-inch slit down center of each loaf. Proceed as recipe directs.

Thanks You SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

1. How do I make the apple, cranberry and almond twist recipe?

To make the apple, cranberry and almond twist recipe, you will need 2 cups of diced apples, 1 cup of dried cranberries, ½ cup of chopped almonds, 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls, ¼ cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 egg. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the diced apples, dried cranberries, and chopped almonds. In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Unroll the crescent roll dough onto the parchment paper and press the perforations to seal them. Sprinkle the dough with the sugar and cinnamon mixture, then spread the apple, cranberry, and almond mixture over the dough. Roll the dough up and tuck the ends under to create a twist shape. Brush the beaten egg over the dough and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving.

2. Can I use fresh cranberries instead of dried in this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh cranberries instead of dried in this recipe. However, you may want to slightly cook the fresh cranberries before adding them to the apple and almond mixture to soften them and release some of their juices. This will prevent the twist from being too tart or crunchy.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This apple, cranberry and almond twist recipe makes 8 servings. It is perfect for a small gathering or as a delicious holiday dessert.

4. Can I add other ingredients to this twist recipe?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to this twist recipe to make it your own. Some suggestions include adding a drizzle of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of chopped pecans on top before baking. You can also experiment with different fruits such as pears or peaches.

5. How do I store leftovers of this apple, cranberry and almond twist?

If you have any leftovers of this apple, cranberry and almond twist, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the twist in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through. Alternatively, you can also freeze the twist for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Jinkies
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies