Join Chef Success Today!
Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!
1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
2/3 cup sliced almonds, divided
2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Peel, core and slice apple using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; coarsely chop using Food Chopper. Place apple, cranberries, granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon in Classic Batter Bowl. Grate 1/3 cup of the almonds into apple mixture using Deluxe Cheese Grater; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).
2. Place bread dough, seam sides up, on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using Serrated Bread Knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Using Baker's Roller(TM), roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf.
3. Spoon half of the apple mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on Rectangle Stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8," keeping ends of dough 1 inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist.
4. Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Beat egg white; lightly brush over dough using Pastry Brush. Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.
5. Sprinkle dough evenly with remaining 1/3 cup almonds, pressing gently.
Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. In clean small batter bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Drizzle glaze over loaf; let stand until glaze is set. Cut into 16 slices. Serve warm.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: (Light) Calories 170, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 1 g
Cook's Tip: To make mini loaves, lightly spray Mini Loaf Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare, fill and seal dough as directed in Steps 1-3. Cut each loaf crosswise in half. Pinch ends to seal; place in pan. Cut a 3-inch slit down center of each loaf. Proceed as recipe directs.