1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple Almond Pastry recipe needed

1. Shari'sKitchen

Shari'sKitchen Member

I tried the apple almond pastry last night and I loved it, but I dont have the recipe, can anyone share? Hubby is running out to the store soon, so the sooner the better! THANKS.

2. Mindy

Mindy

not sure if this is what you are looking for?

Apricot Almond Breakfast Ring

1 (3 ounce) block cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup apricot preserves

3 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided

1 large egg white, lightly beaten

1 can refrigerator crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375'. Arrange triangles in circle on 13 round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5" diameter opening in center of stone.) Spread cream cheese evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Spread preserves over cream cheese, sprinkle with 2 tablespoon almonds. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Brush egg white over bread. Bake at 350' for 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.

Mar 13, 2006
  3. Shari'sKitchen

Shari'sKitchen Member

actually I have what I was looking for...

it's the warm apple-almond pastry that was in last season's best.

my director showed me where to find it on consultant's corner.

Warm Apple-Almond Pastry
    ------------------------

Ingredients:
    1 cup sliced almonds, divided
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 whole egg
    1 egg yolk
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
    2 firm, red baking apples such as Jonathan
    1/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
    Powdered sugar (optional)
    Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grate 3/4 cup of the almonds using Deluxe Cheese Grater. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine almonds, granulated sugar, flour, whole egg, egg yolk and almond extract; mix well and set aside. Unfold one pastry sheet onto lightly floured Large Round Stone. Roll to a 101/2-inch square using Baker's Roller(R). (Corners of pastry will touch edge of baking stone.) Prick pastry with pastry tool.

2. Spread almond mixture evenly over pastry to within 1 inch of edge. Cut apples lengthwise in half; remove stems and seeds using Cook's Corer(R). Slice apple halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices using Utility Knife. Arrange slices in an overlapping pattern over almond mixture.

3. Using Pizza Cutter, cut remaining pastry into nine 1-inch strips. Moisten outer edges of dough with water. Arrange five of the strips diagonally over apples, twisting dough and pressing edges to seal; trim off extra dough. Arrange and press remaining four strips of dough around edge of pastry, forming an even border.

4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Cool at least 10 minutes. Spread warm jam over apples and pastry. Place remaining almonds in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over pastry. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired; cut pastry into squares. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings or 16 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: Thaw puff pastry sheets at room temperature about 1 hour before using or microwave on LOW (20% power) for 3-4 minutes until thawed but still cold. Puff pastry that is too warm is difficult to work with.

4. Mindy

Mindy

that sounds good, I will have to try it thanks

Mar 13, 2006
Have something to add?