• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Director Who Lives Closer

In summary, it is not possible to get a director closer to where you live. My director moved house only 1mth after I joined PC. She still lives in BC but she is too far away, (3 hrs driving and a 2 hr ferry), and her director also lives too far away, (2-3 hrs driving). Most of the team that I belong too, also joint PC around the same time as me. We have had only 2 cluster meetings from June, and it seems like we have been left to our own devices. Our team seems to be falling apart at the seams. :eek: We all love our work but need the mthly cluster meetings for support and encouragement. What are you supposed to do in
chefdw
Is it possible to get a director closer to where you live? My director moved house only 1mth after I joined PC. She still lives in BC but she is too far away, (3 hrs driving and a 2 hr ferry), and her director also lives too far away, (2-3 hrs driving).
Most of the team that I belong too, also joint PC around the same time as me. We have had only 2 cluster meetings from June, and it seems like we have been left to our own devices. Our team seems to be falling apart at the seams. :eek: We all love our work but need the mthly cluster meetings for support and encouragement. What are you suppose to do in this situation? Are we supposed to start our own cluster meetings :confused:

Thank goodness I found this site! :)

I know how you feelI am all by myself up here!!! I live in the Cariboo and I think the only other person who sells PC lives about an hour from me. My director lives about 7 hours away and I have never met her in person. They have regular meetings in Kamloops but that is way to far for me to go. :rolleyes:

Your director should be able to get a 'hospitality' director for you. This way you would attend that director's cluster meetings. Has she mentioned this option? If she can't find you hospitality I think HO could do it for you as well.

There are no directors in my area. The nearest meetings are about 7 hours away. My director is good with communication if I need her. She is always an email away.

Our director is a 6 hour one way drive from here. She has never made any attempt that we were aware of to arrange hospitality for us. The nearest director to this area is at least an hour drive each way, and in the winter it is not a good idea because of weather conditions. Several of us in this area who were all just consultants at the time (there were 4 of us at that time)- got together and started to have "meetings". These were basically PC gab sessions with food once a month. When two of us started recruiting the "meetings" got a little more serious, and now they are planned, organized, training sessions. Those gab sessions really kept us going for over two years, and were very much worth it for us. I recommend it if not better solution is presenting itself. It is also good leadership training for directorship for you in the future.

Alison

Thats a great suggestion. We all haven't had much of any training with our director, and we don't want to be non-responsive to our recruits when we get any. It would be a great learning tool towards directorship. I never thought about it like that, thank you. I am looking forward to sharing the news about having our own meetings with the rest of the group. :)

contact head officeIf no one in your upline is close, or if there are only "newbies' in the group closest to you, call head office, request a hospitality dirctor or direction directly from Head office. Build up a relationship with the sales management team there & they will be a great source.
Esther

1. What is the role of a Director at Pampered Chef?

A Director at Pampered Chef is a leadership position responsible for managing and coaching a team of consultants. They are responsible for driving sales and promoting the Pampered Chef brand.

2. Why does the company require the Director to live closer?

As a Director, you will be expected to attend team meetings, trainings, and events in person. Living closer allows for easier communication and collaboration with your team and the company.

3. Will I be expected to relocate if I am hired as a Director?

No, you will not be required to relocate. However, you will need to live within a reasonable distance to effectively fulfill the responsibilities of the role.

4. Can I work remotely as a Director?

No, this position requires you to be physically present for team meetings and events. However, there may be some flexibility for remote work on occasion.

5. What are the potential benefits of living closer as a Director?

Living closer as a Director allows for better integration with your team and the company, as well as potential networking opportunities. It also allows for a better work-life balance and the ability to attend in-person trainings and events that can enhance your leadership skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedPrincess74
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • {*mandy*}
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
hperschnick
  • rennea