• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Know the Mac Situation Has Been Discussed Before but

In summary, Shari says that you need to have software on your Mac that can run windows software like Boot Camp or Parallels in order to use P3. She also says that although the Diet apparently isn't doing any good, that may be the M&M's chaser. Janet tells you that the only way to run PP on a Mac is with Windows capabilities. Finally, Keith says that although the Make the Move to P3 class at conference was helpful, he's still undecided about whether or not to move to P3.
thebowman
Gold Member
I have a New Consultant and she has a Mac and is having her first show tomorrow, how does she get P3 to work with her Mac?

You need to have software on your Mac that can run windows software like Boot Camp or Parallels.

Shari - Ann or Colleen would best be able to help you. Ann you can reach on here, Colleen you'll have to e-mail or go to DCS to reach her.

Thanks Janet,
Does she have to get windows too?

I am on a MAC also. The only way to run PP on a Mac is with Windows capabilities. (I use Parallels)

thebowman said:
Thanks Janet,
Does she have to get windows too?

She will need to purchase Windows. Then she can use either BootCamp or Parallels, like others have mentioned, or VMWareFusion, which is what I use. It doesn't slow me down like Parallels has.

That's correct. Parallels or Boot Camp will work, although in either situation, she'll have to have an installable copy of Windows. HO is working on a Mac version of P3. YAY!

Hey- you were typing at the same time as me, Keith! Jinx! You owe me a Coke. :)

chefann said:
Hey- you were typing at the same time as me, Keith! Jinx! You owe me a Coke. :)

Ok! Classic, Diet, Cherry, Diet w/Splenda, Vanilla, Zero, or Cherry Zero? :)

Caffeine free diet.Although the Diet apparently isn't doing any good. But that may be the M&M's chaser. :D

I took the Make the Move to P3 class at conference and the tech guy I was talking with said they are real close to getting it to work with the Mac.

As long as your Mac is one of the newer ones with the Intel chip in it - you should be good to go.

He couldn't tell me for sure - but he was hoping by the end of the year they'd be ready to let us on.

I can't wait!!

Thank you everyone for the help, I new I could get my questions answered here.

pamperedval said:
I took the Make the Move to P3 class at conference and the tech guy I was talking with said they are real close to getting it to work with the Mac.

As long as your Mac is one of the newer ones with the Intel chip in it - you should be good to go.

He couldn't tell me for sure - but he was hoping by the end of the year they'd be ready to let us on.

I can't wait!!

Yay!!! I am hesitating moving to P3, but if they come out with it for my Mac I will move both computers to it! Plus I really want to bring my laptop to shows, and my toshiba is heavy with a crappy battery life! I had emailed this past week asking as well, but just got told they were working on it. Thanks for a more concrete number - I need something to look forward to.

Oh, I can't wait for P3 for the MAC. I had to buy Windows for my MAC so that was an extra $150 to get started. Oh well....

:sing: Wow! Thanks for unburying this thread, now I can dance for joy at this new found information. With P3 able to work on my mac side, I can avoid windows on a much more regular basis! :D :sing: :balloon:

hmm... and I think I'll :sing: a little more :D can't wait!!!

Related to I Know the Mac Situation Has Been Discussed Before but

What is the current situation with Mac users and Pampered Chef?

The current situation is that there are some compatibility issues between certain Pampered Chef products and Mac computers. This means that some features may not work properly for Mac users.

Has Pampered Chef addressed this issue before?

Yes, we have acknowledged the issue and have been working on finding solutions to improve the compatibility for Mac users.

What steps is Pampered Chef taking to improve compatibility for Mac users?

We are constantly testing and updating our products to ensure better compatibility for Mac users. We also encourage Mac users to reach out to our customer service team for any issues they may be experiencing.

Are there any workarounds for Mac users while Pampered Chef works on improving compatibility?

Yes, some Mac users have found success by using a Windows emulator program or switching to a different web browser. However, we understand that these solutions may not work for everyone and we are actively working on finding a more permanent solution.

Is there a timeline for when the compatibility issues will be resolved?

We do not have a specific timeline at the moment, but we are constantly working towards improving compatibility for Mac users. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to find a solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mark Kilby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
baychef
  • BeckyC5830
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • jeanniedelorme