• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Have to Say I Do Not Like This Thing. I Have Tried Several

In summary, the two individuals seem to have different opinions on this product. One person loves it and another person hates it.
jcwarr
i just have to say i do not like this thing. i have tried several times and it never works easy for me. i am so much quicker with a good knife. i really wanted to like it as it would help boost sales!! but it's just not working for me! more power to those of you who like it. ;)

i second that! :D

I love my mandoline! I use it all the time.

Funny how it's different stokes for different folks! I absolutely love my mandoline!! I use it all the time and I hated the old one and many loved it! The only thing I wish the new one had was a julienne blade!
I sell mandolines all the time because of my passion for this product! How bizarre (sp?)! ;) :D

I hate it too. I have never liked it, would never have purchased it for my own kitchen if I did not do PC. I never use it at shows, but show it and talk about it.

I don't hate it, but using a knife for me is quicker and not as much clean up!

MissChef said:
Funny how it's different stokes for different folks! I absolutely love my mandoline!! I use it all the time and I hated the old one and many loved it! The only thing I wish the new one had was a julienne blade!
I sell mandolines all the time because of my passion for this product! How bizarre (sp?)! ;) :D

Me too. With the old one - I NEVER used it at shows - too easy to slip up using the guard, and I didn't want to demo it without the guard.

I use the UM in almost every demo I do, and sell a ton of them. I think every host and past host so far in June has chosen the UM as their bonus item, and the UM, along with the DCB, are the 2 high priced items I sell consistently at full price!
I was so excited when I got my new kit for 200 shows - now I have 2, and I can just keep one in my kit and have one for my personal use! Yippee!

ChefBeckyD said:
Me too. With the old one - I NEVER used it at shows - too easy to slip up using the guard, and I didn't want to demo it without the guard.

I use the UM in almost every demo I do, and sell a ton of them. I think every host and past host so far in June has chosen the UM as their bonus item, and the UM, along with the DCB, are the 2 high priced items I sell consistently at full price!
I was so excited when I got my new kit for 200 shows - now I have 2, and I can just keep one in my kit and have one for my personal use! Yippee!
How funny, again, Becky, we are a lot alike! I have 2 also.... last year when we had the UM as the host special, one of my hosts couldn't afford her 60% and 1/2 price items and told me to use them, well I did! And I got a UM and always have one in my kit!!
I have sold only UM's this month too and that is funny because in the past when it was the old slice and grate, I would have been selling food choppers because I do sell those a lot too! I hated how the old one's guard use to slice over the blade and get all tore up along the tracks. Hated it!!! I love the easle(sp?) style and I love the safety!
I sell a lot of forged cutlery too!

Watch the demo in the online training section of CC. It will give you several good tips.

Here are some that I share:

Be sure the food holder is on the track correctly.

When doing strawberries just place them in the cup of the holder and do not put the prongs into them, just place that piece over the fruit.

Always be sure to cut a flat surface on the item being cut and place that toward the blade.

When choosing a tomato be sure that it is firm.

Do not push (put pressure) on the food. It is a food holder not a food pusher.

Get a momentum going when slicing - quick strokes cut eaiser and more evenly.

Use the proper blade for what you are cutting.

Practice, practice, practice - at home. You will love it.

Clean up by putting it in the dishwasher!

BethCooks4U said:
Do not push (put pressure) on the food. It is a food holder not a food pusher.

Love that verbiage! I am also stressing for people not to push on it, this will be a great one liner to use; Thanks!

I got mine with my kit in April. I didn't like it at first but I did after using it several times (at least 10 times). The only thing is that I don't like it for shredding cheese. Otherwise, I do like it.

DessertDivaFL said:
I got mine with my kit in April. I didn't like it at first but I did after using it several times (at least 10 times). The only thing is that I don't like it for shredding cheese. Otherwise, I do like it.
Try putting the cheese and the grating blade in the freezer for a half hour or so before grating it. That will help it work better.

DessertDivaFL said:
I do agree with that! I don't shred cheese on it, I use my DCG for that!! Or if I have a lot, I use my food processor at home, shhhhh!!:eek: ;)

I talk about shredding carrots and stuff but never mention cheese at my shows.

wadesgirl said:
I talk about shredding carrots and stuff but never mention cheese at my shows.

I do sort of the same thing.....When I show it I say that I know they are probably thinking it's a cheese grater - and it is, you can definitely use it to grate cheese - but it's also for so much more than that! You can use it to grate carrots, zucchini, potatoes for hash browns.....I tell them that instead of throwing away those broccoli stalks put them in the grater, and grate them, and then you can sprinkle them over salads, etc....for extra nutrional value & taste!

I also dont like my mandoline.. I find using my knife so much easier and less of a pain ... I will use it if I want to make something look pretty for a party Im having at home, but thats about it.

I can't stand mine.

You guys that hate your mandolines need to talk to your directors and ask them to do a demo at your next meeting. Be positive! You will love it when you learn how to use it.

Watch the video on CC under onlline training.

I just had a show and EVERYONE bought a mandoline... well there were only 5 people there, but still... that is good. I used it and they were amazed that I could run my hand across the blade and not cut myself.
I use it at home, too... because I get nervous when cutting potatoes with a knife as I get closer to the ends... and it makes sure that they are all the same size.
In the freezer definately helps.

BethCooks4U said:
You guys that hate your mandolines need to talk to your directors and ask them to do a demo at your next meeting. Be positive! You will love it when you learn how to use it.

Watch the video on CC under onlline training.

I have learned how to use it, and I just plain dont like it! I find that instead of a job taking 30 seconds w/ a knife, I spend 5-6 minutes cutting the food then putting it in the foodholder then slicing it, then dissassembling the mandoline, etc. I am all about working smarter, not harder and time is a big deal for me!

bsaxman said:
I have learned how to use it, and I just plain dont like it! I find that instead of a job taking 30 seconds w/ a knife, I spend 5-6 minutes cutting the food then putting it in the foodholder then slicing it, then dissassembling the mandoline, etc. I am all about working smarter, not harder and time is a big deal for me!
We are all different and that's what makes life interesting. If you don't like something then don't use it. I was just giving some ideas on ways to make it something people love and practicing does make a difference. I was not sure about it either at first but I love it now. It doesn't take me any more time than using a knife and it goes right in the dishwasher so clean up is just as quick too.

bsaxman said:

I am with you. If you are only cutting one tomato, or one onion, the knife approach just makes more sense. But if I am slicing multiples, or I am doing alot of something it cannot be beat.

I have tried to love this product but just can't :(

Re: mandolineI hate it too but my husband loves it

Re: mandolineI like it... I slice onions with it and now this time of year squash.. for when I fry it.

Re: mandolineI do like using it to make scallopped potatos and for onion... and I do like that it cleans up easily... but i just have to say the forged cutlery is my new best friend!

Related to I Just Have to Say I Do Not Like This Thing. I Have Tried Several

1. Why don't you like the product?

We apologize that the product did not meet your expectations. Our team at Pampered Chef takes great pride in providing high-quality products and we are sorry that this one did not meet your needs. Please let us know specifically what you did not like about the product so we can work on improving it in the future.

2. Have you tried any other similar products from Pampered Chef?

Yes, we offer a variety of products and we understand that not every product is suitable for everyone. We encourage you to try some of our other products and see if they better suit your needs. Our customer service team can also assist you in finding the perfect product for you.

3. Can I return the product?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

4. Is there a warranty for this product?

Yes, all of our products come with a limited warranty. If there are any defects or issues with the product, please contact our customer service team for a replacement or repair.

5. Can I provide feedback on the product?

Yes, we welcome all feedback from our customers. Your feedback helps us improve our products and provide better service to our customers. Please reach out to our customer service team with your feedback. We appreciate your input!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies