• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Excited for Old Home Day but worried about catalog shortage - what to do?

In summary, this coming Saturday, an event called an Old Home Day is being held. The event last year had 13K people in attendance. This year, because of the weather, it looks like it will have less people. However, because there are more catalogs than last year, the consultant is considering giving them out. She recommends wearing an apron and having recipe cards and mini catalogs in your pocket to hand to every passerby. If you are interested in this event, or want more information, she recommends contacting her.
PC For Me 2 Move Out
This coming Saturday, (depends on the weather, but looks like we may get it with only 2 hours left for the day) I am doing an event, called an Old Home Day. Last year they had about 13K :eek: people there. I ordered some of the Fall 2008 catalogs, but they won't be in on time. :grumpy: However I have MORE THAN enough Spring/Summer catalogs. Would it be okay to hand those out? I'm just worried people would be interested in the items that were discontinued. I didn't get a banner, but I have one I made out of poster board. Any adice or things I should do for this?? HELP!! Thanks!!

I would hand out recipe cards and catalogs by request (and make sure you get their info to follow up!).

I NEVER hand out CURRENT catalogs. What I do is take one NEW catalog apart and put it into a binder with page protectors. This way people can glance at it and if they want to order you don't go thru a trillion catalogs. Also, I would recommend direct shipping if you do get orders, otherwise it gets kind of crazy. If they don't want direct shipping BOOK THEM FOR A SHOW!

I love booths/fairs...You may want to bring a fellow consultant for bathroom breaks etc. Sounds like you might be overwhelmed by yourself.

Good luck! HTH

I have just started doing our local county fair. Does anyone have a flyer for a Help Wanted sign. I have the kit set up and a few other things but wanted to let people know that the bus. op is available and what they get in their kit.:chef:

I hand out this flyer (which I originally got from here--pamperedbecky maybe?) or recipe cards. I also have old catalogs with a sticker on front saying contact me for a new catalog. I am doing a fair this weekend, so I hope to lighten my load of old catties. :)I only give out current catalogs to anyone who asks or seems really interested and that's ONLY after I have received their contact info.

Attachments

• FAIR HANDOUT.doc
    30 KB · Views: 473
At our regional kick off at the end of August, a consultant talked about how she built her business through booths. I took pics of her set up. She really only uses the kit items plus a couple other pieces to add height or drama. Looks great!

My pics are too large...give me a sec...

Okay here they are...

MAIN POINT--you will get results based on YOU, how YOU work the fair, not on your display or what you hand out. You have to be out there, meeting people, standing in FRONT of your booth. This gal recommends wearing your apron and having recipe cards and mini catalogs in your pocket to hand to every passerby.

Attachments

• fair set up 2.jpg
    fair set up 2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 482
  • fair set up 1.jpg
    fair set up 1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
If you go to the files section you should find a lot there.

I have a similar fair handout that I uploaded to the files. It prints 2-sided and has a place to attach a business card. (Although it needs to be checked for retired products, since it's a little old.)

Thank you everyone for all your ideas!! Keep them coming! Granted I don't have too many days til the event, but I move quick!! Well, maybe not too quick, but I do my best!

I just did a booth Labor Day. I got a recipe handout from here from the files. I then made a bag with the Opportunity DVD, and the two recruiting flyers in it. I wrote on the outside of the bag, "Ask me how this bag can change your life". I got one teenager who asked and a lady who is saving her money to be my first recruit. I also took a Pampered Pool board and sold squares for $2 each. Good luck!

1. How can I calm my nerves before a Pampered Chef party?

One way to calm your nerves before a Pampered Chef party is to take some deep breaths and remind yourself that you are prepared and knowledgeable about the products. You can also practice your presentation beforehand and visualize a successful party.

2. What if I mess up during the party?

Mistakes happen and it's okay! Remember to stay calm and professional. If you make a mistake, apologize and continue on with the party. Your guests will appreciate your honesty and authenticity.

3. How can I make sure my guests are engaged and having fun?

One way to keep your guests engaged and having fun is to involve them in the party. Ask for volunteers to help with demonstrations or let them try out some products. You can also incorporate interactive games or activities to keep the energy up.

4. What if I don't know the answer to a guest's question?

If a guest asks a question that you don't know the answer to, be honest and let them know that you will find out the answer for them. You can also direct them to our website or customer service for further information.

5. How can I make the most of my first Pampered Chef party?

To make the most of your first Pampered Chef party, be well-prepared and organized. Practice your presentation and familiarize yourself with the products. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from your fellow consultants or your mentor. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • babywings76