• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Ride This One Out??

In summary, Ok, so I am stuck and could really use some guidance. My town is very small and employment is mostly logging and our local mill. Like everyone else things are tight between gas ($3.91) and rising food costs. I have really been trying to push the Power Cooking Show's to promote saving on food costs but it has not gone well and is getting worse. My dilemma is everyone is scraping pennies right now and our mill has been shut off to 4 days a week! Lumber prices just took another dive and people here are trying to keep food on the table and not real interested in buying our products at the moment but more worried about the mill closing
pattidailey
Ok, so I am stuck and could really use some guidance. My town is very small and employment is mostly logging and our local mill. Like everyone else things are tight between gas ($3.91) and rising food costs. I have really been trying to push the Power Cooking Show's to promote saving on food costs but it has not gone well and is getting worse. My dilemma is everyone is scraping pennies right now and our mill has been shut off to 4 days a week! Lumber prices just took another dive and people here are trying to keep food on the table and not real interested in buying our products at the moment but more worried about the mill closing and then our little town will be no longer! Scary for everyone. 2 families from my son's pre-school are moving out of state because they can no longer make it here with the mill hours being cut back! I was traveling out of town allot for shows before gas prices sky-rocketed (between 3-5 hrs) but when it cost's me more than $100.00 to fill my tank I just can't do it anymore. I know it's hard everywhere and living in such a small town this kind of thing is expected but it sure makes biz hard. I was hoping you guys would have some great ideas for some really enticing Catalog Show ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing or any other suggestions?? I would really appreciate it. I am hoping maybe because I have a rather large customer base scattered all over I can lean a little more on catalog shows to get me through this rough patch. I'm not ready to give up just yet :rolleyes: Thanks Guys! I am so thankful for this site and all your ideas and amazing support. It's a true blessing. :chef:

I don't have any ideas for you but I just wanted to say that I hope you get some great ideas. You seem to be still very excited about your business even though you have hit this rough spot. Good Luck!

I will be watching this thread as well to get some good ideas for catalog shows. I never have enough.:D

I'm sure if you explained to your hosts about the gas perdicement, they would agree and would be more than happy to help do catalogs shows. That way their guests don't have to drive either. I give my hosts a small gift if they get me 5 orders within the first week, sort of lets me know they are working on their show.

Call past hosts & guests to offer a catalog show. Let everyone know that you would like to keep your business going (explain situation briefly). Send out a newsletter 1st then make follow-up calls.

I certainly understand your frustrations. We also live in small town with gas prices outrageous (at least $100 to fill up). Plus we (and most around here) have fuel oil heat which costs us about $3000per winter with oil prices.

Last edited:
Also, if you have a web-site try doing e-shows. You could tell the host you will give every guest that orders on-line a free SB. If you're not spending money on gas, you could spend a little on each guest, does that make sense?

1) Sometimes I offer an extra $15 in FREE products to catalog hosts who reach $500.

2) I have sent an e-mail with a Pink Order Form (HWC products) & I am offering a FREE host gift to anyone who sells 20 pink items. I explained that I have set a goal to sell 250 pink items this May and I need their help. (Order form & idea came from a thread on here somewhere - look under HWC in the files)

3)Mystery Host is another option that often generates a lot of interest.

4) It is the time of year for fairs/festivals to begin. Maybe a booth would be more profitable for you than several shows.

5) Place an ad in your local newspaper advertising FREE products.

6) Play up the fact that our tools and recipes make cooking at HOME so much easier and help them save both time & money. Maybe even break down some of our recipes into cost per serving.

Best of luck!!

Just thought of something. What if you got a few of the hosts from out of town to do a Mega show? Then you would only have to make the trip once but could do the equivalent of two or more shows. Or how about double booking your Saturdays?

I'd suggest looking to out of town/state family and friends for catalog shows.

Ya know I have never done an evite-show so that's a great idea! I always do catalog shows. THANKS! Yeah, we are all a little worried here about what will happen with the economy being so bad. I know little logging towns like our's are getting fewer and fewer.... My thought was to concentrate on my out of town customers (thankfully 1/2 my customer base is not on the mountain!) and convieceing them to do Catalog shows. I'm liking the e-vite show because then I wont have to shell out more $$ for catalogs I never see again. It adds up. SB is a great idea... For awhile I was trying to book one weekend a month for out of town shows but that didnt work out too well. One weekend just doesn't work for everyone....or so I was told. I even had one of my host's (who I have done many shows for) ask me if I knew another consultant that lived closer because she wanted a cooking show on a weekend I was not traveling....a little frustrating and I did take it personal because I work hard on keeping all my host's and guests happy. So needless to say the one weekend a month thing didn't workout for me. I am hoping maybe you guys can help me with some fun & creative ideas for some catalog shows & e-vite shows to keep me going until I can make a plan B or if you are in the same boat share with me what you are doing?? If you dont mind I would really appreciate it. You guys are awesome!;) THANKS!

I think the mega show is a great idea, especially if the neighboring towns are not relying on the mill. Might be worth a shot. I feel your pain though, it is hitting hard everywhere.

What about a video show? Have someone tape you doing a demo and then send the video/DVD with the catalogs, etc. The guests can follow along, make the recipe and then do their orders (perhaps even online or with you on the phone).

I've never done one, but I heard about it and thought it was a great idea. I have a potential consultant who has tons of family out of state and she's thinking of doing some shows with them that way.

Perhaps a fundraiser show for your small community. There are probably some community resources that are in need of a fundraiser. Sales can come from outside orders of their families and friends. Once again increasing your customer base.
lorna

I have really been thinking about you since reading your thread yesterday. I am so sad that your community is being torn apart and hope it will not get any worse.

You might try trying to recruit people to keep your income coming. They might be able to get catalog orders as well or take their business with them.

I would also host my own shows and do a girls night out thing. Offer free shipping or help them split the shipping. Give 10-15% off to everyone or anyone whose been directly effected by the shut downs. Don't make them feel obligated to buy - just let them know how great PC is and they'll buy when the economy picks back up.

Best wishes getting through this tough time. I am amazed that my business hasn't shrunk despite a tight economy. We live in a financially vibrant area and I am more appreciated of that after reading your post.....

What about hosting your own power cooking night. Invite a few folks to your house, charge a fee to cover the groceries, and everyone goes home with 3-5 meals. I know a local consultant who does that when things slow down for her and she always gets sales and bookings.

Thanks for all the great ideas and suggestions! I LOVE this site! ;) Please feel free to keep your ideas coming! I know everyone is struggling and it makes it so hard. I did try to get a "Mom's Need A Break...No Kids Allowed" party and all I got were folks calling telling me they could'nt spend so they did'nt want to come. So I told them to come anyway. We had about 10 gals and just ate and talked about how we are dealing with things. So the blessing is I realized how blessed I am and the downfall is now I am having a hard time asking for help with my business when I know my hosts/friends are struggling to keep their bills paid and kids fed. URGG... Our gas went up again today to 3.98 and they say it will be 4.00 by Friday. However, I know God will provide and get us through this rough time. I love the idea of having the power cooking and inviting them into my home to relax and hopefully give them a few ideas they can use at home! I am trying hard to keep my business going with my outside out of town contacts right now so I am hoping to be successful with that for now. I did get a fundraiser here in town but it didn't do too well. It's to be expected. It's just tough for everyone everywhere. We are losing 2 families from my son's pre-school because they are moving out of state. The dad's are mill employee's and can not support their families here. It's so sad. Thanks for all the great ideas. I would be so lost without this site and you guys! Thank you!

Last edited:

What is "How Would You Ride This One Out?"

"How Would You Ride This One Out?" is a popular Pampered Chef recipe that involves layering chicken, vegetables, and cheese on top of a pizza crust and baking it in the oven.

What ingredients do I need to make "How Would You Ride This One Out?"

The ingredients for "How Would You Ride This One Out?" include a pre-made pizza crust, cooked and shredded chicken, your choice of vegetables, shredded cheese, and Pampered Chef's Garlic & Herb Rub seasoning.

Can I customize the ingredients in "How Would You Ride This One Out?"

Absolutely! "How Would You Ride This One Out?" is a versatile recipe that can be customized to your preferences. You can choose your favorite vegetables, use a different type of meat, or even add additional toppings such as olives or jalapenos.

How long does it take to make "How Would You Ride This One Out?"

The total prep and cook time for "How Would You Ride This One Out?" is approximately 30 minutes. This may vary depending on your oven and the thickness of your pizza crust.

Can I make "How Would You Ride This One Out?" in advance?

Yes, you can make "How Would You Ride This One Out?" ahead of time and reheat it when you are ready to serve. Simply cover and refrigerate the assembled pizza before baking. When you're ready to eat, bake as directed in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies