1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How would you answer this for a customer?

1. gothim0802

gothim0802 Member

What's the difference between the 8" chefs knife with honing case for $32 and five-year warranty and the 8" chefs kinfe for $75 with lifetime - just the warranty?

Sep 13, 2009
  2. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

The $75 knife is a piece of forged cutlery, which means that the knife was hammered into shape, whereas the cheaper knives are "stamped" out from a sheet. There are info guides on CC that go into more detail. HTH :)

Sep 13, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

HUGE difference--materials, the way it was made, craftsmanship, etc.

There is a download behind CC that has all the info.

I HATE the knives with honing cases--LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Forged Cutlery.

Sep 13, 2009
  4. ChefGwendolyn

ChefGwendolyn Member Gold Member

Jenny,
    I would point out all the benefits of the Forged Cutlery. Heavier construction, German Steel, Lifetime warranty.

From Use and Care (Forged)-
    Fully forged German steel blade is finely crafted to provide a sharp cutting edge. Precision balance and contoured handle provide comfort and control. Full tang construction provides strength and durability. Versatile Chef's Knife is perfect for chopping, dicing and slicing food

The Knives with the honing cases are nice for those just starting and not making a huge investment into thier kitchen.

From Use and Care (Self-Honing)-
    Exclusive 8" / 20 cm knife is ideal for slicing, dicing, chopping, mincing everything from meats and vegetables to herbs. Unique case includes ceramic honing rods within the locking mechanism. Honing routinely precisely aligns the edges of the knife blade for optimal performance.

Personally, I tell people that it is a personal choice. The Forged is a much heavier product, one that I feel gives you more control over your cutting. The Self-Honing is a little light to me.

Hope this helps!

Sep 13, 2009
  5. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

...I also use the good...better...best! Seems some can relate more to that...some are "good cooks"...others are "better cooks" and then there are some that are the "best cooks"...Pampered Chef has a knife for everyone!!!

Sep 13, 2009
  6. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

The warranty as well as how the knife is constructed. The knife with the honing case is a knife made out of pressed metal. The Forged knife is made out of steel and is a blade throughout the whole knife.

Sep 13, 2009
  7. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

What jnsr96 said!!

The FC knives are heavier in your hand as well. They are higher quality and you can feel it in their weight. ;)

Sep 13, 2009
  8. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Holy cow! There were 5 of us all posting at the same time! LOL

Sep 13, 2009
  9. gothim0802

gothim0802 Member

And thank you all for your input! ;)

Sep 13, 2009
Have something to add?