• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Set Up Pws Newsletter and Personalization: Tips and Troubleshooting

No, the newsletter can be sent to a GROUP of contacts. So you may find it useful to create/maintain Groups to better manage who is receiving your eNewsletter. Please do the following:Go to Customer Connection> Customer Connection Emails and Contact Set Up> Maintain Groups. Here you can create a new group, maintain existing group, and move your contacts to the groups you want. If you want the letter sent to yourself first, please make sure you create a Group that only has you as the contact. When you set up your eNewsletter, you will need to select that Group as the default recipient.
babywings76
Gold Member
Has anyone done this yet? I just went and tried to see how it all functions. First off, it has a default setting where you aren't set up for them. You have to opt in. So I did that. Then it has the personalization area. I added a few things. Then it lets you create a signature. I did that, too. So....when it shows a preview I don't like it at all. It doesn't allow for the spacing I put in. All the sentences are immediately after each other. No separate paragraphs. The signature line is also the same way. All blurred together. My tagline won't sit under my name. :grumpy:

Then, it defaults to send to all your contacts, or you can uncheck that box and select specific groups of contacts (hosts, potential hosts, etc.) I don't know how mine are arranged, so I went to view those groups and see how it's all arranged. It wouldn't process it, said the server was busy. So, now it's back to the default of sending it to all my contacts. I DON'T want that. I want to just send it to me this month so I can evaluate how it works and if I like it. I don't know what to do now. :cry:

:confused:

babywings76 said:
Has anyone done this yet? I just went and tried to see how it all functions. First off, it has a default setting where you aren't set up for them. You have to opt in. So I did that. Then it has the personalization area. I added a few things. Then it lets you create a signature. I did that, too. So....when it shows a preview I don't like it at all. It doesn't allow for the spacing I put in. All the sentences are immediately after each other. No separate paragraphs. The signature line is also the same way. All blurred together. My tagline won't sit under my name. :grumpy:

Then, it defaults to send to all your contacts, or you can uncheck that box and select specific groups of contacts (hosts, potential hosts, etc.) I don't know how mine are arranged, so I went to view those groups and see how it's all arranged. It wouldn't process it, said the server was busy. So, now it's back to the default of sending it to all my contacts. I DON'T want that. I want to just send it to me this month so I can evaluate how it works and if I like it. I don't know what to do now. :cry:

:confused:

Send all of that to HO!

However, it won't send to anyone yet - this is just the "set-up" phase, I thought? I don't think anything gets sent until the 25th of the month.

Okay, so we have some time. lol I was just about to dig through info to find the details of when they are first sending it out. Thanks! :)

Yes, the first email won't go out until 8/23.

As for the paragraphs and such in your personalized part, try some simple HTML tags like <BR> for line break and <P> for paragraph, that might help space it out right.

As for the contacts stuff, contact HO/Tech Support and let them know.

I just got an e-mail reply:Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. To be able to view the eNewsletter exactly as you have personalized it, please go to Customer Connection> eNewsletter Set Up> Preview Upcoming enewsletter. Here you will find the text you added exactly as you entered it, including the breaks between paragraphs. Your contacts will see the same thing.eNewsletter can only be sent to a GROUP of contacts. So you may find it useful to create/maintain Groups to better manage who is receiving your eNewsletter. Please do the following:
Go to Customer Connection> Customer Connection Emails and Contact Set Up> Maintain Groups. Here you can create a new group, maintain existing group, and move your contacts to the groups you want. If you want the letter sent to yourself first, please make sure you create a Group that only has you as the contact. When you set up your eNewsletter, you will need to select that Group as the default recipient.If you have more difficulties, please contact Technical Support at 1-888-687-2433, Option #1.

Do you only get one shot a month at having the newsletter sent out? so if you put yourself in a group by yourself, then only you get it, and you can't go back and specify another group to receive it once you've sent it to yourself?

That's a good question. Is sending it totally automated? That also means that each month, we all need to really be on the ball with making sure we customize the wording and edit our contacts in time.

It sounds like they'll at least have a default message for you that is timely, in case you forget, but it does seem strange that they don't give you a choice for what date to send it out.

All of that is exactly why I might just stay with Joy and Tasty Tidbits!

I plan to stay with Tasty Tidbits!!! Joy, you do such a fabulous job :angel:

You guys are TOO SWEET! I gotta admit, it's very nice to hear. <hugs>

i hate that i don't get to choose when it's sent out. i only send my newsletters on tues-thur to keep my customers from automatically deleting me & it really helps with my open rates. i'm def staying with joy! i love personally tailoring my newsletters for my customers!

kristina16marie said:
i only send my newsletters on tues-thur to keep my customers from automatically deleting me & it really helps with my open rates

Good Tip!:thumbup:

babywings76 said:
I just got an e-mail reply:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. To be able to view the eNewsletter exactly as you have personalized it, please go to Customer Connection> eNewsletter Set Up> Preview Upcoming enewsletter. Here you will find the text you added exactly as you entered it, including the breaks between paragraphs. Your contacts will see the same thing.

Hello, I followed the above instructions and when I go to preview the enewsletter, it doesn't have any of my information on it. It shows information for Sally Jones and a picture that is not me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Thanks for your help!

Polliewiggle said:
Hello, I followed the above instructions and when I go to preview the enewsletter, it doesn't have any of my information on it. It shows information for Sally Jones and a picture that is not me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?Thanks for your help!
I am seeing the same thing - no personalization. I am setting up an email to send to just me so I can evaluate the newsletter. I hope it goes to only me and not my entire list!I use Joy too, and I LOVE her newsletters. I am not sure I want to use TPC eNewsletter yet. I would love to save the money each month and not have to pay iContact to send what The Pampered Chef will do for free, but I have concerns. Do we get to send more than one per month?I don't want to type my message in HTML, I don't know that stuff, don't have time to learn it and don't have time to do it. That's one of the reasons I stopped doing emails through our website originally and started with Joy. Plus, I know my contacts get the email when it is sent when I use iContact - not so sure with TPC emails.I guess I don't accept change well...

AlowayFamily said:
I am seeing the same thing - no personalization. I am setting up an email to send to just me so I can evaluate the newsletter. I hope it goes to only me and not my entire list!

I use Joy too, and I LOVE her newsletters. I am not sure I want to use TPC eNewsletter yet. I would love to save the money each month and not have to pay iContact to send what The Pampered Chef will do for free, but I have concerns. Do we get to send more than one per month?

I don't want to type my message in HTML, I don't know that stuff, don't have time to learn it and don't have time to do it. That's one of the reasons I stopped doing emails through our website originally and started with Joy. Plus, I know my contacts get the email when it is sent when I use iContact - not so sure with TPC emails.

I guess I don't accept change well...

Typing the little part in html is nothing to learn and it's easy.

After a line, if you want a line break, type <br>. Want another one? Hit enter and type <br> again. I think we all have time to learn that much, if we have time to make a post saying how little time we have.

leftymac said:
Typing the little part in html is nothing to learn and it's easy.After a line, if you want a line break, type <br>. Want another one? Hit enter and type <br> again. I think we all have time to learn that much, if we have time to make a post saying how little time we have.
So to give an example of what Keith is saying:"I hope you enjoy this month's newsletter!
<br>
Thank you so much, <br>
Bobbi"When the newsletter goes out, it will then look like this: (and you can see this when you go to the Confirm & Preview tab to apply everything)I hope you enjoy this month's newsletter!
Thank you so much,
Bobbi
Without those <br> in there, it becomes one big paragraph instead. See!? Easy as pie. :)

I'd like to learn more about the Tasty Tidbits Newsletter. I'm not good with computers and the new PC newsletter deal already sounds too difficult for me.

fifiplc said:
I'd like to learn more about the Tasty Tidbits Newsletter. I'm not good with computers and the new PC newsletter deal already sounds too difficult for me.

It's really not difficult. It took me 5 minutes. Go in, select "all contacts", personalize my message, then i was done. If you can manage to set up your website every month with the news items, then you can do the newsletter too.

fifiplc said:

If you don't already have a newsletter, the PC newsletter isn't any more difficult than the TT one. For someone like me, who has been using another mail service to manage my subscriptions, the hard part is making sure all of those who want my newsletter are in my PWS while making sure those who have unsubscribed in the past aren't added.

If you do want to check out TT, just go to Joy's website: http://www.tastytidbits.net

If you want to format your note, try this: Online-HTML-Editor.org - The free online WYSIWYG Editor!You can edit and format it the way you like, then click on the <>HTML button and the code will pop up for you to copy and paste into your newsletter editor.This is assuming that PC allows use of all the HTML tags. If they restrict alot of them, then you may be stuck with just using the bold, italic, underline and paragraph break. They used to allow HTML tags in the news articles on the PWS and then took that away... not sure if it's changed since the last time I checked.

Related to How to Set Up Pws Newsletter and Personalization: Tips and Troubleshooting

1. What is the Pws Newsletter Set-Up?

The Pws Newsletter Set-Up is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows consultants to create and send newsletters to their customers. It includes customizable templates, email scheduling, and tracking capabilities.

2. How do I access the Pws Newsletter Set-Up?

To access the Pws Newsletter Set-Up, log in to your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. Then, click on the "My Business" tab and select "Pws Newsletter Set-Up" from the drop-down menu.

3. Can I customize the newsletters with my own branding?

Yes, you can customize the newsletters with your own branding by uploading your logo and choosing your brand colors. This will give your newsletters a personalized touch and make them more recognizable to your customers.

4. How do I schedule emails to be sent out using the Pws Newsletter Set-Up?

To schedule emails to be sent out, simply create your newsletter and choose the date and time you want it to be sent. You can also choose to send the newsletter immediately or save it as a draft to be sent at a later time.

5. Can I track the performance of my newsletters?

Yes, you can track the performance of your newsletters through the Pws Newsletter Set-Up. It provides analytics such as open rates, click-through rates, and bounce rates to help you understand how your newsletters are performing and make improvements for future emails.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Candice
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • otisbg