• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to effectively pack the Show To Go Rolling Case?

In summary, the Show To Go Rolling Case is the best investment that Linda has made. She removed the inner liner and put boxed items in there. It is perfect to stack items in, plus you have those handy pockets on the front and side. Linda starts with one SS bowl down the bottom - in that goes the Classic BB and the Small BB (MF toweks inbetween them). Then the ERMeasuCups, Easy Adj Cup & Spoon, in the big inner pocket is my bakers roller, egg slicer, seasonings and oild. In the smaller pockets I put th EAD, 4 prep bowls in two stacks with handiscrapers
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm so excited, I just got my Show To Go Rolling Case!

What is the best way to pack this thing? Do you prefer to tuck all of your stuff in the pockets or did you remove the liner and just pack everything in?

Linda -
You will love the show-to-go roller! It is the best investment that I have made. Personally, I removed the inner liner and put boxed items in there. It is perfect to stack items in, plus you have those handy pockets on the front and side. Now, instead of schlepping those crates, you can just roll on in and out.

Thanks Lamar. I've been hesitating to order this ($90!!!) But I finally talked myself into it and I'm so happy that I did (I had to hurry with the supply order too and hit submit before I changed my mind again!) I can't wait to go to my next show with it. I think it will be easy to load into my car too, I drive a station wagon so I can just lift the back and pop it in....no trunk to worry about lifting over.

I keep the liner in.
I start with one SS bowl down the bottom - in that goes the Classic BB and the Small BB (MF toweks inbetween them)
Then the ERMeasuCups
MA Cop
Easy Adj Cup & Spoon
in the big inner pocket is my bakers roller, egg slicer, seasonings and oild.
In the smaller pockets I put th EAD, 4 prep bowls in two stacks with handiscrapers in between the stacks
sugar shaker & grate container in the bowls. lids on the side
lg round stone in exterior pocket, cutting board too
Side pockets get one SA medium sq and one 8" skillet
Lg back exterior pocket gets cattys

my liner is out barpan fits in bottom then evrything else!!

Do you all bring your old crate for the dirties?

My liner's out, too. I stack most products inside the main compartment and use in-season towels to protect (usually the products include easy read measuring cups, 1 stainless bowl, 1 batter bowl, large microcooker, food chopper, saute' pan, EAD, cheese grater). On one one side pocket I have the spices, on the other I have the Microplane, 2 oils and vanilla. In the front I have one or two small stoneware pieces if I'm not using stoneware (usually cranberry small oval baker and small bar pan), and in the back pocket I have my cutting boards, cooling rack, deluxe mini-muffin pan (if using).

My handle broke on mine, so I can't wheel it anymore; I have to carry it. I have no idea where to get it fixed, but I still love it!

Congrats on investing in it - I think you'll be happy you did!

For dirty dishes I bought a big Rubbermaid dish tub. I bring the ingredients for my shows, so I put them all in there when going to the host's house, then put dirty dishes in the tub at the show.

I took out my liner too. I do still bring my crate. I put my food for the show in it & then it carries my dirty dishes on the way home. I haven't been using it that much this year b/c I'm pregnant & it's been too heavy for me to lift into the car & up steps if the host has any. I also didn't use it much in the winter b/c of snow, but other than that I love using it. It also makes a great little table for extra tools if the host only has a card table.

ok, for all of you who have the rolling tote, just curious what else you take, like the new consultant tote, or carry all or TTA bag?

I have the rolling tote but load it with my guest folders, flip displayer thing, pens, woven basket filled with door prizes and trifle party bowl. Then I bring my TTA bag filled with ingredients usually and now the appetizer set, new consultant bag with my products and another tote for my TTA.
I want to condense and not bring so much but how do I do that?! Help!

Yeah Linda! I wish I could afford to purchase it now! Everyone I talk to loves theirs... I hope you do too!

I keep the liner in, I put, the UM in one pocket in the front, fits perfect, I put the cutting boards in the back pocket, prep bowls, seasonings, knives (where they go), SA small plate & (1) cups & more, flour sugar shaker, garlic press, and various small things we all use. I also have the tote in which I bring (2) SA square bowls & caddy, SS bowl, batter bowl and whatever I need for the recipe. I still use the stoneware tote and the TTA tote my crate fits in the back of the show to go and bring home dirties in that. I don't like to bring a lot of products, just the basics. Oh yeah and the Family skillet, that's my try me piece.

I want one of these so bad, but the $90 keeps scaring me away. From the sound of it, it seems worth it, but I only do a show a month. Most of my stuff seems to be catalog shows.

Is it big enough to fit the Large SA Bowl still in it's box?

pamperedlinda said:
Do you all bring your old crate for the dirties?

I don't because liquids would drip out and make a mess. I got a rubbermaid from WalMart for $5 and bring that for my dirties.

I also bring the Carryall tote -- in that goes the Wovwn Round, the Silicone Cupcake Pan and the Fluted Stone
and the TTA in the TTA bag...and the Trifle Bowl in another TTA bag.

I take my TTA with my TTA in it, an old black conference bag (smaller rectangle one) with all my folders, apron, flipchart, pens and laptop & cord.

My SS saute pan in one outside pocket with spices and the Exec in the other with misc. SA The back is my large grooved cutting board and lg round SA bowl or round stone if I'm using it. coobooks in front pocket.

I do not take anything in boxes I want to unpack quickly and repack quickly. It all has a great warranty and I haven't broken anything yet.
The extra products go in the house (on top of rolling case) in a large rubbermaid sturdy tote, I bring dirty products home in it.

I can usually make it in and out of house in 1 trip unless they have stairs or its bad weather then TTA and black tote go in first and I ask her to hold the door open when she sees me with my rolling bag.

Ok, so I'm glad to hear you all take more than just the rolling case along. I was beginning to think I was the only one with 4 bags or totes.

Heather,

I always feel like I'm moving in sometimes - I swear I take less on vacation!

What do you take with Gina?

BTW, congrats on such a GREAT August! I just had my 1st Sept show and it's at $500 so far so hopefully all my shows this month make up for last month!

Plastic bags
dannyzmom said:
I don't because liquids would drip out and make a mess. I got a rubbermaid from WalMart for $5 and bring that for my dirties.

I have seen friends use plastic garbage bags to line either the crate or the rolling tote for taking home the dirty stuff.

jzramom said:
I have seen friends use plastic garbage bags to line either the crate or the rolling tote for taking home the dirty stuff.
I usually take my large SS bowl (the really big one) and use it during my show for all my dirties. When I'm done I put it inside a trash bag and add the rest of my dirties to it and put it in my crate. I will probably continue to do it this way.

I do not have the tote yet but for my dirties I buy industrial size garbage bags and put it in my crate after I have unpacked everything at the show. then put my dirties in there. The bag is huge so I can "wrap up" the dirties and place everything else back into the crate and it stays clean.
I generally have 1 crate my rolling Briefcase (laptop, folders, booking binder,flipchart etc...) and maybee one more tote if I need a few more things. I try to make it no more than 2 trips.

Garbage Bowl
pamperedlinda said:
I usually take my large SS bowl (the really big one) and use it during my show for all my dirties. When I'm done I put it inside a trash bag and add the rest of my dirties to it and put it in my crate. I will probably continue to do it this way.

This is a great idea. Many will relate to a Rachel Ray garbage bowl reference. Also seems really very compact too as compared to using the whole crate for dirties.

jzramom said:
This is a great idea. Many will relate to a Rachel Ray garbage bowl reference. Also seems really very compact too as compared to using the whole crate for dirties.
I always tell them that my BFF Rachel taught me this!

Um, what is TTA?

I just got got show to go rolling case. My director told me to remove the liner.
Her handle broke off, too. I think because it was [acked too heavily without the liner?

It frustrates me that TPC doesn't have pictures or ideas of what those different pockets are for. I am sure they were designed a certain way. I just can't figure out what it was for.

I emailed the TPC solution center before I ordered it, and never got any reply on that.

I can remove the liner and stuff it with heavy things. I think that is why the handle breaks.

kspry...yep! I earned mine free...October of 2005, I've taked the liner out...it has a one year guarantee and September 2006, the handle broke when I carried it into a host house. BUT...the instructions say to put the handle down when lifting.
I had one little step, i thought...'ahhh, i'll just pull it up this tiny step into the house.." ....and crack! The handle broke. Fortunately, it was within the 1 yr. guaranteed time, and they replaced it.
Now I make sure my handle is down.

With the liner, you can't get as much stuff in it...but this also makes it not so heavy. Some hosts have several steps, etc... so even if it's easy to get in at home...once I get to the host house, I often wish I didn't fill it so full.
But when the liner is out, it is very easy to load it up, there's so much room. With the liner, I felt I didn't get much inside it.

I LOOOOVE the TTA (Tool Turn About) Tote!!! Well, worth the money for anyone who doesn't have it! I used to put a plastic bag over the tools so they wouldn't get dirty on the way to the show...The tote keeps tools clean AND makes it a cinch to carry with arms full of other things.

I take my old crate in the back of the Rolling Show to Go...and put several trash bags in a side pocket for dirty dishes. I like the 8 Qt. bowl for all the little dirties!!

And I love that the Salad Spinner fits into the 8Qt. Bowl...and all the Colander Bowls fit inside the set of SS Bowls...guests love this space saving tips!

And I love that the Salad Spinner fits into the 8Qt. Bowl...

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that! Those mixing bowls are one of the products that you really can't tell the quality, from just the picture in catalog. When I started taking them to shows, I started selling them.

Any more ideas on packing things up? I've only had about 4 shows away from my house. I've got a fair this Saturday, and it's the first time I'll be using the show to go.

I currently have a Creative Memories Rolling Cart that I bought from a friend a few years ago, but I find it VERY heavy. Even when it is empty you can feel the weight. Is ours easy to carry in and out of your car? Because the Creative Memories one really leaves me with a sore back.

I love the show and go...so much that a bought a 2nd one from a gal going out of biz (for $20.00). Now I take those two items and a paperwork bag and that's it.

I took the liner out almost immeidatley. I tried to use it but found that I lost stuff in the dark/black pockets. I put at least 1 big, boxed item in each carrier...for example,the trifle bowl (in box) in one and the deep dish covered baker in the other. Then I try to layer things but not overstuff it. I do use the pockets for things like stackable cooling racks, a cutting board, flat SA, any cookbooks I might be taking, etc.

LOVE it!! It also really looks professional and gets a lot of comments that can lead to recruiting conversations....

dianevill said:
My liner's out, too. I stack most products inside the main compartment and use in-season towels to protect (usually the products include easy read measuring cups, 1 stainless bowl, 1 batter bowl, large microcooker, food chopper, saute' pan, EAD, cheese grater). On one one side pocket I have the spices, on the other I have the Microplane, 2 oils and vanilla. In the front I have one or two small stoneware pieces if I'm not using stoneware (usually cranberry small oval baker and small bar pan), and in the back pocket I have my cutting boards, cooling rack, deluxe mini-muffin pan (if using).

My handle broke on mine, so I can't wheel it anymore; I have to carry it. I have no idea where to get it fixed, but I still love it!

Congrats on investing in it - I think you'll be happy you did!

When did you get it? HO gives us a one year warranty on these. Call them, they will replace it.

I was told right away when I got mine not to try to pull it up even small stairs by the handle. Sometimes it's tempting if there is a little curb or something that you have to roll up, but I'm so afraid of breaking mine, I always lift it up over everything now.

kspry said:
Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that! Those mixing bowls are one of the products that you really can't tell the quality, from just the picture in catalog. When I started taking them to shows, I started selling them.

Any more ideas on packing things up? I've only had about 4 shows away from my house. I've got a fair this Saturday, and it's the first time I'll be using the show to go.

You can also pack your Stainless and you Colander and Bowl Set by alternating them. They take up way less room like that.

pamperedposey said:
You can also pack your Stainless and you Colander and Bowl Set by alternating them. They take up way less room like that.

Good idea - thanks! I don't have the colander set, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I couldn't resist. I ordered my Show to Go Rolling Cart and I just received it last night. I love it!
The liner with all that padding seems great, but I don't think anything other than a starter kit will fit in it. I guess that's the idea of it all. Especially those of us that always end up taking "TOO MUCH"!
Would any of you mind taking pics of your rolling carts and posting?

Thanks!

Doing the bump!

What is the best way to pack this thing?

The best way to pack the Show To Go Rolling Case is to first remove the liner and pack everything directly into the case. This will ensure that all of your items fit securely and you can utilize the full space of the case. It also helps to distribute the weight evenly, making it easier to transport.

Do you prefer to tuck all of your stuff in the pockets or did you remove the liner and just pack everything in?

It really depends on personal preference, but we highly recommend removing the liner and packing everything in the case. This will prevent items from shifting around and potentially getting damaged during transport. Plus, you'll have more room to fit all of your essential items.

How do I pack fragile items in the Show To Go Rolling Case?

If you have delicate or fragile items, it's best to place them in the center of the case and surround them with soft, cushioning items like dish towels or bubble wrap. This will help protect them from any bumps or jostles during transport.

Can I pack my Show To Go Rolling Case with hot items?

It's not recommended to pack hot items in the Show To Go Rolling Case, as the heat may damage the case or cause items to shift and potentially break. It's best to allow hot items to cool down before packing them in the case.

How do I clean and maintain my Show To Go Rolling Case?

To clean the case, wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Make sure to dry it completely before packing it away. To maintain the case, avoid overpacking it and regularly check for any tears or damage. If needed, you can also use a fabric protector spray to help keep it in good condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksmedic
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • Jessamary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • tashayoung