• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to explain the issue with the mandolin?

In summary, the problem with the mandoline is that the blade recesses to low, and the two little springy tabs along the side do nothing to help. Carolyn needs to make sure the cartridge is pushed all the way in and that the food holder is completely threaded on both sides. If you can, get together with her and give her a live demo. If not, tell her to make sure the cartridge is pushed all the
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Got this email today:

I got my wonderful order from Pampered Chef. My problem!! I put the mandolin together but cannot get anything to slice. It seems the blade recesses to low. + what are the two little springy tabs along the side? They don't seem to do anything. Need to know so I can use it. Barbara C

How do I explain it to her? Is there a way to email her the video from CC?

If you can, get together with her and give her a live demo. If not, tell her to make sure the cartridge is pushed all the way in and that the food holder is completely threaded on both sides. Not sure if you can email the video.

I think this thing should "come with" a video !! I love this product but it can be hard to figure it out...so far I have had to go to 4 customers to show them, luckily they were close by so it wasn't a problem (just made me look like a HERO !! :D )

and have gotten several phone calls about it too.

So Carolyn can you GO TO her??

You might also ask her to try turning the holder the other way.

She might not have the slider on the right track.

I tell them to make sure the slider is on the tracks, and when you pull it back, it needs to make a clicking sound - otherwise it's not on the track correctly.

If it's on the tracks, you can turn it upside down and the slider won't fall off.

I am actually going to a customer's house (we are on PTO together) to do a "live demo". She ordered the UM as an outside order and wants me to show her how to use it.

Funny thing is that she was at a show a couple years ago when a consultant demo-ed the USG. The consultant didn't use the food guard (can you see what's coming??........) and cut herself so badly that this customer offered to drive her to the emergency room, the consultant needed a skin graft! :eek:

If I would have witnessed all that...I would NEVER purchase the thing!!

I agree that there should be a video available to email our customers or on our websites. Oooooo....it'd be nice to offer videos on our websites to demo different things.

if she doesn't think that the tabs do anything, is she even using the food guard? the blade is recessed too low to cut w/o the guard.

dannyzmom said:
Got this email today:

I got my wonderful order from Pampered Chef. My problem!! I put the mandolin together but cannot get anything to slice. It seems the blade recesses to low. + what are the two little springy tabs along the side? They don't seem to do anything. Need to know so I can use it. Barbara C

How do I explain it to her? Is there a way to email her the video from CC?

Carolyn, I find it easiest to explain by phone when we both have our mandoline out and I am using it. does the Use & care on the website word it for us? Good luck!

I purchased this about 6 years ago before I was a consultant. I used it once and it then sat under my counter for the next 5 1/2 years in the box never used. We had a monthly team meeting demonstrating a theme show called, "Dr. Phil's, How's That Working for Ya?" in which you encourage guests to bring products that they bought that they never use or even dislike or ones that are broken. The goal is to show all the guests at the show the proper way to use products (people LOVE our products if they use them correctly), that we don't want to just sell products we want people to USE them and love them so our consultants provide customer service in the form of instruction and recipes and lastly that our products are such quality products that you don't throw them away...you get replacement parts. This show really binds the guests to a good consultant by focusing on customer service with every product.So, long story to say that as part of the training we were asked to bring a product of our own that we did not like, rarely or never used or that was broken...any dissatisfaction at all. Our director served as the show consultant and asked each guest to briefly show the product she brought and describe the problem in one or two sentences (you must say this!!). She then PICKED which products she would focus on in her demo and promised to address EVERY other concern that was not addressed in the show demo during full service check-out. She told us to make sure to select one product for a recipe, one for a part replacement and at least one for instruction on usage for the demo part (preferably the expensive products...then cross sell with each of those by asking the guest to turn to page so and so and showing the complimenting products). I took the mandoline that was still in the box!! She asked the problem and I said, "It doesn't cut." She replied, "What do you mean it doesn't cut...elaborate." to which I said it simply does not cut when you slid the protective guard across the blade. Also, I could not get the guard off to even try it a different way! She showed me that I did have it on wrong. When it is on the wrong way it does not engage the two little lifting tabs so the blade is not lifted up to cut. That is the safety feature.I had put it on wrong and it was not coming off...after much man handling I did get it off and I now use this story at my shows to 1. Demo the high priced mandoline and 2. Tell about this Dr. Phil theme show & others, 3. Talk about how our company focuses on local and personal customer service which you cannot get when you buy a mandoline from W&S and show them what this actually looks like (recipes, home instruction if needed, product return if it comes to that, etc).

Related to How to explain the issue with the mandolin?

1. What is "Um - How Do I Explain This?"

"Um - How Do I Explain This?" is a set of kitchen tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and meal prep easier. It includes items such as peelers, choppers, and measuring cups.

2. Are the tools in "Um - How Do I Explain This?" high quality?

Yes, all of the tools in "Um - How Do I Explain This?" are made with high-quality materials and are designed to be durable and long-lasting.

3. Can these tools be used by both beginner and experienced cooks?

Absolutely! "Um - How Do I Explain This?" is perfect for anyone who loves to cook, regardless of their skill level. The tools are easy to use and can be helpful for beginners and experienced cooks alike.

4. Can I purchase individual items from "Um - How Do I Explain This?" or do I have to buy the whole set?

You can purchase individual items from "Um - How Do I Explain This?", as well as the whole set. This allows you to choose which tools best fit your needs and budget.

5. Are there any special care instructions for the tools in "Um - How Do I Explain This?"

To ensure the longevity of your tools, we recommend hand washing them with warm soapy water and drying them thoroughly. Do not use abrasive cleaners or put them in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenapc
  • esavvymom