• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Ensure Smooth Shipping for Your Overseas Show in Japan: Tips and Advice

In summary, it is recommended to start planning for shipping products to Japan at least 3-4 weeks in advance and to use a freight forwarding service for the most reliable and cost-effective method. Specific packaging requirements include proper labeling and sturdy packaging materials. Customs and import taxes should be handled through the freight forwarding service, and shipment tracking is available for most services.
JaimeQ
I have a friend in Japan that is doing a show for me..... she got an order online and the person selected to ship to host... I told the host that she had to tell people that they had to select the direct ship option... what do I do??

Do I email the person and tell them that the order will be more cause it has to be direct shipped?

That's what you have to do! I would also email HO and ask them for there to be an option on our websites to be able to choose direct ship only as the only available shipping option for certain shows.

Ok I will do;) Thank you just wanted to make sure that is what I needed to do.

Is the ordering guest overseas as well or state side? If she is state side call her if overseas email her. Either way you need to make contact with the ordering guest to confirm the order and who knows maybe you can suggest an "add on" item...did she order a cookie press? They are after all on sale this month.

She is overseas as well. No she only ordered a quick stir pitcher.

The cookie press isn't on sale this month is it?? It's SA....am I missing something?

JaimeQ said:
The cookie press isn't on sale this month is it?? It's SA....am I missing something?
Cookie Press is on sale in December.

Thats what I thought.....

I'm so focusing on Dec I spaced sorry! Maybe she needs some SA to display holiday cookies! Or maybe a gift idea! I'm trying here...

it's all good. I was plesently surprised when I got home today and she had an order from someone for over $200!! That person took advantage of the SA sale.

1. How far in advance should I start planning for shipping my products to Japan for a show?

It is recommended to start planning at least 3-4 weeks in advance to allow enough time for shipping and customs clearance.

2. What is the best way to ship my products to Japan?

The most reliable and cost-effective method is to use a freight forwarding service that specializes in shipping to Japan. They have the necessary expertise and resources to ensure a smooth and timely delivery.

3. Are there any specific packaging requirements for shipping to Japan?

Yes, all products must be securely packaged with proper labeling and documentation. It is also important to use sturdy and durable packaging materials to protect your products during transit.

4. How do I handle customs and import taxes for my products?

You will need to work with your freight forwarding service to ensure that all necessary customs paperwork and duties are taken care of. It is important to provide accurate product descriptions and values to avoid any delays or additional fees.

5. Can I track my shipment while it is in transit to Japan?

Yes, most freight forwarding services provide tracking information for international shipments. Make sure to ask for this information and keep track of your shipment's progress to ensure a timely delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • chelynn
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • barbara_anne