• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Someone Place an Order From Japan?

C
chelynn
I have a host that wants to send an e-vite to a friend in Japan. She may (or may not, just speculating since the host is an "army wife") be military, but I don't know if she has an APO address.

Can she order and have it shipped to her? Can she order and have it shipped to the host, then the host ships it to her? What should I tell her?

Thanks!!

We ship to ANY APO address. So, as long as she has one, HO will ship there. An alternative would be for the host to ship it to her after it arrives at the host's house - not as good as direct especially if it is heavy.

The way I understand it, if she has an APO/FPO address, she can have it shipped to her. If not, I assume that it would be ok to have it shipped to the host and let the host figure out how to get it to her (??), but I'm not 100% on that. You may want to find out more about her address and then call HO. Good luck!

I just had this conversation with someone from the Internation Dept at HO on the bus on the way to the HO (park n Ride) on Wed.

Whoever said yes to the APO and no otherwise is correct. If they live on the economy or are a resident of Japan, nope. Same with Germany even though we are IN Germany. She said we have to think of us a 4 different companies (US, Canada, UK and Germany).

Now I know why I had that conversation ... :p

Technically, the host cannot receive goods for any one else per the SOFA agreement. So unless the guest has an FPO/APO address is not really "allowed" although I am sure that there are a few hosts who receive product for their guests.

I actually live in Japan right now. If she's an Army wife, then she'll definitely have an APO or FPO address. The customer can order and have it shipped directly with no problems. There will be no tax on her order, and she'll just pay direct shipping charges. For her shipping, she'll need to put in APO/FPO West or APO/FPO Pacific... whichever one it lists.

You can email me directly if you need to... virtually all of my customers are APO/FPO ones! [email protected]

MomToEli said:
I just had this conversation with someone from the Internation Dept at HO on the bus on the way to the HO (park n Ride) on Wed.

Whoever said yes to the APO and no otherwise is correct. If they live on the economy or are a resident of Japan, nope. Same with Germany even though we are IN Germany. She said we have to think of us a 4 different companies (US, Canada, UK and Germany).

Now I know why I had that conversation ... :p

Thanks Sandy; just one clarification. The question isn't whether they live on the economy but whether they have an APO address. Most of us overseas actually live on the economy, but all of our mail comes thru the military postal system. The APO supports not only military personnel, but civil service employees, school employees (we have our own school system for family members), and several other agencies. Local nationals can order if their spouse has an APO box.

When they order thru your PWS, they just need to click the Direct Ship option. Also, there is no tax on APO orders.

leggy

Thanks ladies! I'll find out about her address today. :)

legacypc46 said:
Thanks Sandy; just one clarification. The question isn't whether they live on the economy but whether they have an APO address. Most of us overseas actually live on the economy, but all of our mail comes thru the military postal system. The APO supports not only military personnel, but civil service employees, school employees (we have our own school system for family members), and several other agencies. Local nationals can order if their spouse has an APO box.

When they order thru your PWS, they just need to click the Direct Ship option. Also, there is no tax on APO orders.

leggy

Thanks Kris! I was just going to clarify that too!

Related to Can Someone Place an Order From Japan?

1. Can someone in Japan place an order and have it shipped to them?

Yes, it is possible for someone in Japan to place an order and have it shipped to them. Many online retailers now offer international shipping options, making it easier for customers to receive products from other countries.

2. Can someone in Japan place an order and have it shipped to the host, who then ships it to them?

This would depend on the shipping policies of the specific retailer and the host's willingness to ship the product to Japan. It is important to check with both parties before placing an order to ensure that this is a feasible option.

3. Is the ability to order and ship to Japan affected by the recipient's military status?

No, the recipient's military status should not affect their ability to order and have items shipped to them in Japan. As long as the retailer offers international shipping, it should not matter whether the recipient is military or not.

4. What should I tell someone who wants to order and ship to Japan?

You can inform them that it is possible to order and have items shipped to Japan, but they should check with the retailer and the recipient to confirm shipping options and any potential additional fees or restrictions.

5. Are there any tips for successfully ordering and shipping to Japan?

Some tips for successfully ordering and shipping to Japan include checking for international shipping options, confirming any additional fees or restrictions, and ensuring that the recipient's address is accurate and complete. It may also be helpful to use a reputable shipping service with tracking capabilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • JaimeQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • andrealynne719