• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Cook a Delicious Roast with Just a DCB and Basic Ingredients?

Then turn it down and cook it at 350 for about 3 hours. In summary, to cook a roast using a Deep Covered Baker, you can choose from rump roast, bottom round, or top round. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic, and add onions and a little water. Cook at 425 degrees for about an hour, adding more water if necessary. After an hour, add potatoes and carrots and continue cooking for another hour or until the roast is soft to the touch. You can also use a Pot Roast Seasoning packet or other seasonings and sauces to add flavor. It is not necessary to use a meat thermometer, as beef is generally safe to eat when well done. You can also try variations
PamperedK
Silver Member
I am basic-cooking challenged. I really want to cook a roast tonight using my DCB. I have onions, potatoes and carrots all ready.

1. What kind of roast do I buy? How do I know how to pick one out??

2. What exactly do I do with it?

Haha broad questions I know but I don't know how to do this and I'd really like to learn!

thanks in advance for any help!

Well you could get either a rump roast,bottom round or top round depending what you want to make. I use any of the three & make it a Pot Roast in the oven. Season with salt,pepper,garlic chop up lots of onions & add a little water. Cover & put a 425 oven. Check it in about an hour, you might have to add a little more water. Depending on how big the roast is, for the last hour you can add the potatoes & carrots....HTH

If I don't have a meat thermometer (yet) how can I be sure it's done?

I use the Pot Roast Seasoning packet sold in the "spice" aisle. I toss the meat and veggies together and follow the packet instructions. Takes about 2-3 hours in the oven, though I have read that some are having success in the micro.....need to try.

If you do not have a thermometer, don't worry....beef is generally safe to eat in all states of "done"....After 2-3 hours, most roasts are generally well done.

Here are a couple others that I found in the files section.....type in Baker and a whole bunch will pop up.

Vegetable Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, salt and pepper. It isn't necessary to add water. Place lid top. Put into 325F oven for 2-3 hours, depending on how large the roast is. Remove roast and vegetables from bowl. Use broth to make gravy to pour over veggies and roast.

Burgundy Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add 1-cup burgundy wine, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce & 1 pkg. dry vegetable soup mix. Cover with lid & bake 3-3 ½ hours. Serve hot over egg noodles.

Bachelors Roast
Place roast in the baker and pour 1 can of coke and 2 cups of catsup over it. Put the lid on top. Cook for about 30 minutes per lb. Optional: Add onions & pressed garlic. If there are any leftovers, just shred and mix with the sauce and you have BBQ for a couple of meals.

Have fun!

Thanks! :)

PamperedK said:
If I don't have a meat thermometer (yet) how can I be sure it's done?

When making Pot Roast you don't need the thermometer. Por Roast is always well done. If it is soft to the touch, its done...

Ginger428 said:
Well you could get either a rump roast,bottom round or top round depending what you want to make. I use any of the three & make it a Pot Roast in the oven. Season with salt,pepper,garlic chop up lots of onions & add a little water. Cover & put a 425 oven. Check it in about an hour, you might have to add a little more water. Depending on how big the roast is, for the last hour you can add the potatoes & carrots....HTH

Just an FYI - I would hesitate to add water after the baker is already hot. I had a guest crack her deep dish baker doing just that because of the thermal shock of the water into the hot baker :(

So, are most of you adding the potatoes and carrots at the beginning when you first put the roast in, or after the roast has been cooking an hour? I've seen both options posted....just wondering which works better!
Jen

I just put the roast , carrots , and potatoes in and then i get a package of lipton onion soup mix and mix that with a few cups of water and pour it over the roast. Then i cook it for about and hour at 450.

1. How do I prepare the roast before cooking it in the DCB?

The first step is to season the roast with your desired spices. Then, place it in the DCB with any vegetables or potatoes you would like to cook alongside it. Make sure to add some liquid, such as broth or wine, to the bottom of the DCB to keep the roast moist.

2. What temperature should I cook the roast at in the DCB?

We recommend cooking the roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that the meat cooks evenly and reaches a safe internal temperature.

3. How long should I cook the roast in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and cut of the roast. As a general rule, cook the roast for about 20 minutes per pound. However, the best way to determine if the roast is done is to use a meat thermometer and make sure it reaches the desired internal temperature.

4. Do I need to cover the roast while cooking it in the DCB?

Yes, it is important to cover the roast while cooking in the DCB. This will trap in the moisture and help the meat cook evenly. You can use the lid that comes with the DCB or you can cover it with aluminum foil.

5. Can I use the DCB to cook a frozen roast?

Yes, you can cook a frozen roast in the DCB. However, it will take longer to cook than a thawed roast. We recommend thawing the roast before cooking for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cook4luv
  • MomToEli
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies