• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much to Plan on Spending at Nat'l Conference?

In summary, if you are a PC consultant and do not plan on going to Conference, you are wasting your money. If you do go to Conference, it is well worth the money and you will learn a lot.
PC_CPR
Okay, I'm doing this partially to kill a certain thread. However, I was curious.... I know that there's a "savings" plan that HO offers. But in general, how much do you end up spending on Conference for room, incidentals, etc.? Planning for next year obviously.

If you do a search, there were several threads started about this last year.
I would advise for conference club with PC, (can do so on CC) you can take money out of your check to pay for conference registration.
Hotel you usually split with 3 other people, ends up being about $170 for 3-4 days. You'll have to pay some meals, airfare to get there, anything else is pretty much up to you if you do extra things-buy from vendors-etc.

I personally am starting a conference account. I plan to put $10 a week in it until conference then whatever is in there is what I will have!!:)

at NC 2007, I didnt really spend a lot. I really watched my finances, since I had just purchased our home (with a huge mortgage). I think I spent $200 (not inc. the hotel and airfare) but like I said i conserved.

PS next year, I am probably not buying anything except LOADS of prize boxes. THAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP!! LOL (well other things too...) but LOVED the prize packs.

So do I plan on taking an empty suitcase for those prize boxes or what???!!!!

They'll ship the surprise boxes for you, and take the shipping fee out of your next commission check. :) It's actually a great way to send home other things, too: the RUFTH trivet and table gifts, business materials, stuff from Merrill, etc.

PC_CPR said:
Okay, I'm doing this partially to kill a certain thread. However, I was curious.... I know that there's a "savings" plan that HO offers. But in general, how much do you end up spending on Conference for room, incidentals, etc.? Planning for next year obviously.
EVERYTHING (travel, hotel, food, "extras", Merrill stuff, registration...) I have spent about $500-$600 each of the two years that I have gone. Now, mind you, I over indulge in PC clothing and eating out at special restaurants while there so you could CERTAINLY cut that back! If I were to do NOTHING extra (and how boring is that!) I could get it back to $400-$450

That's good info Kelly! Thanks!

I spent a TON but I got my airfare late so that alone was $400!

How much to plan on spending at Nat'l Conference?

Not one thin dime. This is a hobby, for me.
If I miss anything good, I can get it on ebay.

Don't get mad at me, you career PCers - you know there are some hobby gals like me, out there. They just didn't spend the $5 to join ChefSuccess.

I just got an email from my director about the Canadian pricing catalog mistake. I read it here 2 weeks ago.

There is a lot of good advice here. I wonder why the home office isn't sending it.

Oh, and I am on eBay a lot - and directors and above are guilty of selling advance samples. That internet policy they have is a doozy.

PC does hold its value better (edit-on eBay) than many other MLM companies (such as Silpada, Premier Designs, Mary Kay) because of the heavy weight of items shipped.

Last edited:
Cath-
If you are in PC, even as a hobby, conference is well worth the money. Excluding air/hotel, my expeditures were $350. That said, I earned level 1 which was a $300 Visa card - so I was only out of pocket $50.
Sure, you can get anything you want on ebay - it isn't about the products, well, for most of us anyway. At conference, you learn from the best, so that you can be the best. I learned stuff that has helped me in my day job tremendously!!

ljeffries said:
Cath-
If you are in PC, even as a hobby, conference is well worth the money. Excluding air/hotel, my expeditures were $350. That said, I earned level 1 which was a $300 Visa card - so I was only out of pocket $50.
Sure, you can get anything you want on ebay - it isn't about the products, well, for most of us anyway. At conference, you learn from the best, so that you can be the best. I learned stuff that has helped me in my day job tremendously!!

Lamar - I couldn't agree with you more! I went to conference my first year - as just a hobbiest - and it was so inspirational, and motivating, and encouraging. Also, just a whole lot of fun hanging out with and learning from so many other consultants from around the country. You don't have to be a "career" consultant to benefit greatly from Conference - it is for EVERYONE!

Thanks Becky and Lamar. I'm definitely considering it. You know, it's funny, but I have attended a few conferences for things that are "hobbies" and a lot more for professional development in my regular "job". I have NO problem spending money on hobby-related meetings. But the beauty of PC--is that you can go from hobby to Director in a flash, right?!!! I just wanted to get an idea of how much money I had to budget for.

PC_CPR said:
Thanks Becky and Lamar. I'm definitely considering it. You know, it's funny, but I have attended a few conferences for things that are "hobbies" and a lot more for professional development in my regular "job". I have NO problem spending money on hobby-related meetings. But the beauty of PC--is that you can go from hobby to Director in a flash, right?!!! I just wanted to get an idea of how much money I had to budget for.

It's hard for me to say about how much to budget.....I live 3 hours from Chicago, and my cluster always takes the $15 commuter train......and I think that travel is the biggest chunk of change that most people spend.....

I'm pretty anal when it comes to budgeting for conferences. I always pay cash for the hotel so I don't have that bill lingering on for months. Then I budget for each meal... $15 for breakfast, $15 for lunch and $25 for dinner... plus $3 a day for bottled water (told you I'm anal!) but this year I was on a REALLY tight budget because we were going on a family trip (22 of us) a week after conference. I figured in for taxis as well and for how much I would spend at the vendors.

One thing about the vendors... this is where I could get into trouble. I'd spend way too much and take all of this stuff home and then not need it. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement. So my personal rule is no shopping at the vendors... I can look, just no buying. I look and see what I like and then will come home and order it if I decide that I really need it. The only thing I will buy is two packs of the mini catalogs so I can share them with my team when I get back.

On a side note... I did really well with my budget this year and came home with $40 left over!

1. How much does registration for National Conference cost?

Registration for National Conference typically ranges from $200-$400, depending on early bird discounts and any additional events or workshops you choose to attend.

2. Are there any additional fees or expenses I should plan for?

Aside from registration, you should plan on budgeting for travel expenses such as flights, hotel accommodations, and meals. There may also be optional events or workshops that require additional fees.

3. Will there be any discounts or promotions available for National Conference?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers early bird discounts for those who register early. Occasionally, there may also be promotions or discounts available for certain groups or through specific channels.

4. How much should I budget for meals during the conference?

Meals are typically provided during the main conference sessions, but you should budget for any additional meals you may want to have outside of those times. The cost of meals may vary depending on your personal preferences and the location of the conference.

5. Are there any payment plans available for National Conference registration?

At this time, there are no payment plans available for National Conference registration. However, you can reach out to our customer service team to discuss any specific financial concerns or questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • ~*Heather*~