• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Time Do You Spend a Day With Your Business?

In summary, Rae spends about two hours a month changing and preparing paperwork for her consulting business, making calls between 7pm and 7:30pm, reading business-related emails, and setting aside time each day for business-related reading. She spends about one and a half hours each morning working on her calendar and sending out host coaching calls, and spends about fifteen to thirty minutes making calls.
~*Heather*~
I am curious as to how much time everyone puts into PC a day and what you do in the time that you do put into it?

I am a fairly new consultant I signed at the end of Jan. and I am trying to put myself and business on a schedule so that I can make it successful and try to get it where I want it.

Thanks,

I spend about 2 hours at the end of the month (or beginning of the month, if I have a late-month show) changing over the paperwork in my guest kits, car tote, and prepared host kits. (I carry host kits with me to shows. They're complete except for the specials and OOFs. Those I have clipped together for the current and next month. This allows me to easily add whichever is needed.)I spend about 1/2 hour each morning checking my calendar and getting any host coaching materials ready to send. I also make up a list of calls for that day, arranged by times. I spend 15 - 30 minutes making calls. I generally make calls between 7:00 and 7:30 p.m., unless someone requests a daytime call. I make host coaching calls, CCCs, and follow-up calls during this time.I spend 10 - 15 minutes reading/sending emails. I generally only use email if it's a customer or host's preferred method of contact. Then again, I live in a rural area where most people don't have email or don't use it very frequently. I set aside at least 1/2 hour each day to do some sort of business-related reading. Sometimes that's HO correspondence. Sometimes that's info that's come via business-related enewsletters. Sometimes it's something like Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Selling or anything by Zig Ziglar. When my host kits get low (I like to have at least 5 on hand at any given time), I set aside a couple of hours to put 12 of them together. I choose 12 because a few of the things I use are printed 4 to a page. In addition, I take time for planning. I sit down at the beginning of the week and sketch out a tentative schedule. This takes about 15 - 20 minutes. I look over my calendar and make a mental note of any appointments, shows, etc. I look at each day and block out time for each thing I plan to do. Because things don't always go the way I've planned, I make sure that sketch is in pencil. ;)At the beginning of each day I sit down and look over what I have planned. I then transfer my plan to my organizer, to-do list, or planner pad. (What the day holds determines which I'm using.) This takes about 5 minutes. On a personal note, I generally do this at the end of my devotional time. I pray about my schedule before writing it down.Play with things a bit. It took me several months to settle into a rhythm that worked for me. Try to take into account the natural flow of your energy. I'm a morning person. I do most of my computer/paperwork in the early hours before normal people are awake and moving about. Reading is for mid to late afternoon. That's when my energy is naturally lowest. I can do my reading while I have a healthy snack.

I'm not a new consultant, but wow Rae, you are organized! I say this as someone who just knows I need to do for the day and may have a list scratched somewhere. I live a little in chaos since I have several different responsibilities and volunteer activities. I strive to get to that level. I do have certain days I do shows and somehow get everything done. Of course, I LOVE email since MOST of my hosts/customers prefer that method of communication.As for how much time do I put into it (not including shows), really probably somewhat similar to Rae. It's good to group activity. Label or stamp all catalogs at once. Do up host packets at once (or have the pieces printed and ready to put together as needed). Definitely set aside time for calls so that you do them. You don't have to spend a lot of time on PC, but you can, especially if you are on the internet! I consider that to be my PC Hobby. My shows are my PC business. I consider them separate.

I kind of have to be organized. In addition to PC, I . . .

. . . am Children's Ministry Director for our church.. . . do most of the publications for our church (not bulletins, but directories, brochures, booklets, and such).. . . do publicity for a friend who is a speaker. This involves dispensing bio, brochures, and sometimes booklets about her services.. . . am helping a friend write a book by transcribing her sermons.. . . am helping a friend to have prints and cards made of her artwork. Proceeds from the current piece are going to support a ministry in memory of a departed friend. Proceeds from the images of future pieces will go to support other ministries.. . . am in the final stages of taking my pastor's book to print. It's about his experience with acute myeloid leukemia. . . . am making a concerted effort to stay in touch with friends by arranging lunches and other outings for 2 or 3 of us at a time.. . . occasionally do secretarial temp work.. . . attempt to be a good, loving helpmate to The Furry Guy.. . . am considering joining my friend who is a speaker. She has asked me to consider joining her on the podium doing a bit of speaking and also some singing. I'm giving it serious consideration.

Rae, Do you have a schedule of sorts written out anywhere or a list of what you do during the day / week / month? I'd love to be organized like that but I need help!

Okay, you asked for it. I had a coach suggest that I make out a generalized schedule. As you can imagine if you read my previous post, this is a very basic schedule. Projects could mean working on transcriptions, putting together host or guest kits, or just about anything else. Most nights I'm asleep by about 9:30 unless I'm doing a show.Weekdays 4:10 AM to 4:45 AM Wake Up, Stretch, Take aspirin; Eat banana4:45 AM 6:00 AM Bike 30 min; Weights (Mon/Wed/Fri) or Yoga Stretches (Tues/Thurs); Morning meds6:00 AM 9:00 AM Do devotions; eat breakfast; check emails; read for pleasure9:00 AM 11:30 AM Computer work (Snack @ 10)11:30 AM 1:00 PM Lunch; Reading or Prepping to leav1:00 PM 6:00 PM Errands/Meetings or housework; Study; Make & Eat dinner (Snack @ 3)6:00 PM 8:30 PM Email; Calls8:30 PM 10:00 PM Wind down for evening; read/watch TV; go to sleep

Saturdays 4:10 AM 4:45 AM Wake Up, Stretch, Take aspirin; Eat banana4:45 AM 6:00 AM Bike 20 Minutes; Yoga Stretches; Morning meds6:00 AM 9:00 AM Do devotions; eat breakfast; check emails; read9:00 AM 11:30 AM Projects; Reading11:30 AM 1:00 PM Lunch; Reading or Prepping to leave1:00 PM 6:00 PM Errands/Fun; Make & Eat dinner6:00 PM 8:30 PM Varies Wildly8:30 PM 10:00 PM Wind down for evening; read/watch TV; go to sleep

Sundays 4:10 AM 4:45 AM Wake Up, Stretch, Take aspirin; Eat banana4:45 AM 6:00 AM Morning meds; eat breakfast; check emails; read6:00 AM 9:00 AM Get Ready to leave9:00 AM 12:30 PM Church12:30 PM 1:30 PM Lunch1:00 PM 8:30 PM Nap; Reading; Eat dinner8:30 PM 10:00 PM Wind down for evening; read/watch TV; go to sleep

4-12 times each month Pampered Chef Shows--last about 3 hours from arrival to departure Usually scheduled weeknights 6:30 or 7 p.m. or Saturdays 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.​

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and may OUR GREAT LORD keep blessing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hijack--I just submitted my reactivating show todayYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerleader::)

Seriously? Rae, you wake up at 4:15??? Were you always a morning person or did you have to train yourself to be that way?

(Early to me is like 6:30 a.m....when Rae has half her day accomplished already!)

Thanks, Brenda. Congratulations on restarting your business.

Yes, Jessica, I'm seriously up and moving by 4:30 (usually 4:15) every morning. I have an alarm set, but I'm usually awake before it goes off. I find that I function best if I keep to a schedule of getting up at the same time each day. I'm naturally a morning person, but I eased my way from 5:30 to 4:15 as a way to make sure I get my exercise and devotions in without rushing if I'm working a temp job.

Rae- WOW that is all I can say. You are one busy bee all the time it seems. I thought that I was busy being a stay at home mom to a 2 year old, a full time student, my PC business and everything else that goes with being a wife and a mom. But you definitely have me beat.
What do you include in your guest kits? I haven't done this and haven't seen it done, it sounds like a good idea. I normally just pass out the catties and a order form after the demo.
What do you include in your host kits?

I am busy. However, I don't do everything at once. That's why I take the time to plan my schedule. I occasionally have days when I feel like I'm meeting myself coming and going. However, I make sure those are followed by a fairly relaxed day. I also learned several years ago to purposely put "slug days" in my schedule. These are days when you mostly just lay around like a big ol' slug. If I have that written on my calendar, I an legitimately say, "I have plans that day." I don't have to tell people what those plans are. ;)Host Kits include:
Let's Have a Great Party (got that here)
Guest List (my version of the list from the planner)
Host Responsibilities (just a quick, bulleted list)
Invitations
Flyer with Specials
Outside Order Forms
Order Collection Envelope
Catalogs​
Guest Kits include (front to back):
Contact Card (3 x 5 card with my contact info)
Monthly Guest Special (I print these 2 to a page)
Recruiting Flyer (varies depending on my mood that month)
Blank Colored Half Sheet for Notes
Catalog
Survey​

Thank you so much but if you don't mind me asking you one other thing???Can you post links to a few of your things that you include in your packets?
-Host Responsibilities
-Let's Have a Great Party
-Survey
Thanks so much. You definately have it all together. Hopefully I can get there soon too!

I really don't have it all together. I just have some things really well organized.

These are PDF files. The Let's Have a Great Party I found here somewhere and adapted it to fit the way I do my shows. If you do a search you can probably find the original.

Attachments

• Let's Have a Great Party- Kitchen Shows.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 525
  • Host Responsibilities - Kitchen Show.pdf
    4.6 KB · Views: 509
  • Survey & Drawing Slip.pdf
    21.3 KB · Views: 527
Thanks so much I really appreciate it...

Happy to help.

I also have a very set schedule, and like Rea I plan down days/times (a MUST to maintain the momentum). I have attached my outline.

Rea - I thought I was the only person on the plantet to get up in the 4 o'clock hour. LOL

Attachments

• Weekly Time Management.doc
    25 KB · Views: 500
I've done this before and really need to do it again. My responsibilities tend to change. NOT as much on my plate as Rae, but with 2 PT jobs (b/c I'm helpful, not b/c I want them), volunteering at my DD's school one day a week and helping the principal directly now with a large project, plus PC and being a mom & wife & daughter & friend...I get tired just thinking about it. I think this is the case with most of us. Time to read...wow, that'd be a good thing to schedule!Rae, do you pretty much always bring the recipe done? You don't demo it? I do that sometimes, but just wondering if that's your norm.

I'm a big believer in what several prominent coaches/leaders have said. You are changed by the people you encounter and the books you read. I've always loved to read, and I read quickly with really good comprehension and retention. My friend was fond of telling me that I was the only person she knew who read self-help books, then actually did what they said. I'm currently reading a lot of John Maxwell stuff on leadership, since this is my first experience leading a large team of people. (We have over 40 volunteers in our children's minstry, which includes the nursery.) I also subscribe to enewsletters by Zig Ziglar, Jeffrey Gitomer, and several others. I often print those off and take them with me when I know I'll be eating out alone. I take along a pen to make notes of things I want to do/research/share.I usually bring the food ready. My Walk Through the Catalog is my most popular show. I've also had really good success with open houses. Both let me focus on the products rather than the food. I gladly do a traditional cooking show if that's what the host prefers.

Thanks for posting those things. I am impressed! I wish I could get up that early. I can barely get up before 7 (which is when I SHOULD be leaving for work!!)

Crystal Patton said:
I also have a very set schedule, and like Rea I plan down days/times (a MUST to maintain the momentum). I have attached my outline.

Rea - I thought I was the only person on the plantet to get up in the 4 o'clock hour. LOL
What are you referring to on your list when you say Make 1st and 2nd and 3rd calls? Does this have to do with host coaching?

Winnipegk said:
What are you referring to on your list when you say Make 1st and 2nd and 3rd calls? Does this have to do with host coaching?

Yes! I'm VERY big on Host coaching. I don't know the 'real' definition but here are what do with each call:

1st call - with in 3 days of my hosts recieving their Host Packet - Check to make sure they got the packet, see if they have any questions and visit about the guest list and when they are sending it to me.

2nd call - about two weeks before the show - Thank them for the guest list and let them know when I sent the invitations, then we visit about the recipe and their wish list.

3rd call - two days before the show - I get directions, make sure they will have all the ingredients for the recipe, ask for a rough head count and remind them I will arrive an hour before the show to set up.

During each call I keep them excited and talk about how much fun we are going to have.

That's pretty close to what I do, too. Keeping up the host's excitement is critical.

I work a FT job so my only time to get on the phone, prepare host packets, etc. is from 7-9 p.m. I do this M-Thursday. Take Friday and Saturday off unless I have shows. Sunday is a flex day (depends on the weather).

Rae and Crystal- Thank you for posting your schedules- I have been struggling lately in making Christ, then DH priority in my life, instead of PC, and I was at a loss as to how to do that, I would sit down to create office hours, and just could not do it. THANK YOU- You truly were an answer to my prayers!!!!!

thanks for the time management outline. I've been needing something like this to keep me on track!
Time management and organization are NOT my strong suit!!!

Right now I am totally inspired, I just hope that I have the motivation and will power to stick with it. I know I can do it if I try!

1. How much time do you spend a day with your business?

The amount of time I spend on my Pampered Chef business varies depending on the day and my schedule. On average, I spend 2-3 hours a day actively working on my business, which includes tasks such as reaching out to potential customers, following up with current customers, and preparing for upcoming parties or events.

2. Do you have a set schedule for working on your business?

While I do have a general routine for my business, I also have flexibility in my schedule. I usually block out specific hours in the day to focus on my business, but I also make time for unexpected tasks or opportunities that may arise.

3. How do you balance your business with other responsibilities?

Balancing my business with other responsibilities can be challenging, but I prioritize my tasks and delegate when necessary. I also make sure to set aside time for self-care and relaxation to avoid burnout.

4. How much time do you spend on administrative tasks?

Administrative tasks make up a significant portion of my time with my Pampered Chef business. It includes tasks such as ordering products, managing inventory, and tracking sales. I typically spend 1-2 hours a day on these tasks.

5. What do you do with your free time?

I do my best to make time for activities that I enjoy, such as spending time with family and friends, reading, and exercising. It's important to have a balance between work and leisure time to avoid burnout and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • cmcchef