• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Snow Fell in Your Area?

In summary, the south of the US received less snow than the north. The Midwest received about 9 inches and the East Coast about 2 feet.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
About 18" northwest of Milwaukee.

Oh, I know, it's nothing compared to Ohio last week, but it's bad enough for us, thanks.

It's heavy, it's wet, it's heavy, it's good packing if you like to build snow people, it's heavy, and it's deep.

Did I mention that it's heavy?

Hey KG...is that snow heavy?

I think I forgot to mention that. Yes, it's very heavy.

well over the past 28 hours or so we have gotten about 6 inches it is very wet and heavy!. I think it would be more but yesterday it was really warm and the snow would stop every now and then and a bunch would melt.
It has not snowed for this long since the storm this time last year. This one has not been nearly as bad. Thank goodness!

no snowsorry no snow here :D

but a front is coming through here today and we are expecting lots of rain.

Thankfully, there was no snow here!

It was a beautiful southern spring day, temps in the mid 70's, light breeze, and sunny though :D

We had wind and chilly air but NO SNOW!! Bring on summer!!

Snowing again today in suburban Chicago.

We got about 7 inches here!

All of the Easter Egg Hunts were rescheduled for next Saturday. A bit anticlimactic, huh?

DebbieJ said:
Snowing again today in suburban Chicago.

Sent it just for you Debbie! LOL......

Nothing up here, it all stayed south...sorry to hear of the whole total! YIKES!I talked to my mom last night, and she is struggling trying to get hers cleared up, luckily some neighbors are lending a hand this time too.

Yep, we've had snow, sleet & rain (depending where you're at). :( Forecast for all the above through Wednesday...God I hate Spring in Germany!:grumpy:

It's snowing pretty good now. The flurries started a couple of hours ago. Since it's hovering near the freezing temp, I'm guessing it's pretty wet and heavy.

DH just informed me it was 8-9 inches, not the 7" I posted previously!

Hmmmm.... I better call my parents... my Mom gets SO sick of being snowed in... they are in the Cadillac MI area...

ChefBeckyD said:
DH just informed me it was 8-9 inches, not the 7" I posted previously!
There's a really good one liner in there, but I'm leaving it alone.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think I forgot to mention that.

Yes, it's very heavy.

How Heavy is it?!?!? Well, it's so heavy that my snow blower wouldn't even work on it. Grrrrr. I had to put on the old back brace, and take a few happy pills, and it took me 3 hours just to do the driveway, the walk way and our deck. Grrrrrr.

We got about 9 inches, and it's still falling. I'll be back out there this morning. DH threw his back out last week throwing my niece up in the air and playing with her, so he can't do the driveway. I think next time I'll be sending my sister out there to help earn her keep! :)

So much for an Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow. On Tuesday the 10 day forecast said 50 degrees and sunny here in my neck of the 100 acre woods. Such a shame that they can't even tell when snow is coming in March, but in December if they see a rain cloud in Seattle it's "HIT THE DECKS" or "Mammoth Blizzard 2007" and they tell us about it 2 weeks in advanced!

UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!!

I feel so much better now!
:D

quiverfull7 said:
Hmmmm.... I better call my parents... my Mom gets SO sick of being snowed in... they are in the Cadillac MI area...
They didn't get hardly anything to the North, Diane! South of us, in the Kalamazoo area, they got 2 feet! Big Rapids only got a couple inches. So I would think Cadillac got even less.BTW - Cadillac is our half-way rest stop when we travel Up North! We always stop at that little park on the lake, and eat lunch, and feed the ducks. It's become a tradition.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I'm so innocent (pure as the driven snow!:balloon: ) I have no idea what you are even talking about!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
490.gif

chicken! (hee-hee)
chicken_eating_sm_nwm.gif
I'm teasing. I'm glad you didn't share the one liner.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm so innocent (pure as the driven snow!:balloon: ) I have no idea what you are even talking about!

Here, you can borrow the Angel that Chefann gave me...

138.gif

Kitchen Diva said:
Here, you can borrow the Angel that Chefann gave me...

138.gif

Thanks for sharing Kacey!

I don't know why - but I'm feeling a little feisty today.....I need all the angelic vibes I can get!

If your one-liner is anything like the several that popped into my mind, it's probaby better that you don't share it.

raebates said:
If your one-liner is anything like the several that popped into my mind, it's probaby better that you don't share it.
I'm sure that most of the **** jokes would end up **** like **** one was.

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks for sharing Kacey!

I don't know why - but I'm feeling a little feisty today.....I need all the angelic vibes I can get!

I'm feeling feisty, too! I think it's CABIN fever.
tubby_tuber_with_tropical_drink_sm_.gif
Although I don't have a cabin.... Hmmm maybe it's just a fever!
table_fan_with_ribbons_sm_nwm.gif

It is the need for spring...my kids are feisty too! Maybe I'll just make them bundle up and play in the snow to get some energy out!

um...nope.
No snow here.
I was in shorts and a tank top.

My kids have been terrible too! My 3 yr old had been a whiny/onery pain! DD has been off school all week too and DS was very jealous off all the attention DD got from Dad.

I hate when they are acting like this just before a holiday.... Makes me think the Easter bunny should skip our house! LOL!!!

dannyzmom said:
um...nope.
No snow here.

I can do that here too, difference being, I can't leave the house, and if I did, I'd scare ghosts I'm so white!!!!

dannyzmom said:
um...nope.
No snow here.

I soooo wish I was by you right now, Carolyn! I got the same snow as KG, considering we're only miles away from each other. Both DH and I are sick with the flu or some other similar virus, but I'm "less" sick, so I got stuck doing the driveway. To top it off, we're watching our neighbor's house and dog while they're on vacation (Disney World), so while they're basking away in the sun, I was plowing through 3 foot drifts in their driveway. The snow blower wouldn't cut through the bottom of the driveways, so I did those by hand.

Two and half hours later, I'm finally done; I'm exhausted, weak, messed up something in my lower back, but hey, I burned lots of extra calories:D.

When the heck is spring supposed to arrive? Oh yeah, a few days ago!

Well, we didn't get the "blizzard" but have PLENTY on the ground. So, we're going to make the best of it and build a "snow fort". Catch you all later!

Good ol San Diego CA is 75, nice sunny and warm. 77 is the forecast for Easter Sunday.

Oops, did I say that out loud!:p Didn't mean to rub it in:rolleyes:

We got 8-10 inches of snow here.

Greetings from the Iowa welcome center! All the snow in SE WI put a crimp in our trip, but we tried again today, and have had smooth sailing. :)

Glad you are moving on safely Ann!

Well, I guess I'll just have to go to Leon's by myself, then.(If you're in Ioway, you must have left about the same time I was opening up the driveway.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, I guess I'll just have to go to Leon's by myself, then.

(If you're in Ioway, you must have left about the same time I was opening up the driveway.)

Have an extra helping for me!!!!

My mom called, she just got through 2 hours of snowblowing and shoveling and just got her driveway open when the plow came through again... :grumpy:

janetupnorth said:
My mom called, she just got through 2 hours of snowblowing and shoveling and just got her driveway open when the plow came through again... :grumpy:

Yeah don't ya just HATE that! :grumpy:

Happens EVERYTIME we shovel in front of the mailbox.:D And we have a lazy mailman who won't deliver the mail if there is snow in front of the mailbox. One time we didn't get mail for 4 days, so I went to the post office to see what was up and they were like....he says he couldn't get to your mailbox. HA HA...let's see...the guy has a 4 wheel drive Jeep. Couldn't get to the mailbox, my foot! :mad:

I wish I had a nice mail person. The one we used to have before him was great. Would come to the door and leave a package instead of just dropping it in the snow at the end of the driveway, they would actually CLOSE the mailbox door, so mail didn't get wet from rain or snow....sigh:( ...now we are stuck with the mailman from hell.

Oops sorry for the hijack :D

Sure is nice to say that there is NO new snow up here in the great white north:)

Just got off the phone with my son in Milwaukee. Had to brag on our 75 degree sunny day...

The snow stopped. The sun came out. Now all the snow is gone. The Furry Guy will be so happy. He left while it was still snowing, but he won't have to move any of it when he gets back. :)

elizabethfox said:
Oops sorry for the hijack :D
What, around here?

threadjacked.gif

This isn't really a hijack, either, it's still pretty much about snow. Now, had you started talking about Spring Training or the Space Shuttle, now, that would be a hijack.

Beth, that's just cruel.

My brother, The Rocket Scientist, does that to me, too. He lives in Alabama, but when he's locked in buildings that are air conditioned in the Summer, I'm first to return the favor.

the sun is finally trying to come out!!!!

We drove from Medina OH to Ann Arbor MI yesterday (having given up on the plan to drive all the way to the west side of MI in one go). The normally 3 hr trip took 4 1/2 hours - the last 30 miles took almost 2 hours. The last 10 miles took 1 1/2 hours!!! And then when we were lliterally just around the corner from our friends house, we got stuck on a steep hill (someone ahead of us was stuck) and couldn't get the car moving... The roads had a good inch of ice on them for the last 30miles... Yuck!! It was a miserable drive, but at least we got there without an accident. And the kids managed the whole time without needing to go to the bathroom!!!! The silver lining was a visit with friends we hadn't seen for over a year. And our 2 hour trip the rest of the way to my in-laws this morning was pretty uneventful... so we are thankful to be here now!

Hope everyone else is safe and warm! Happy Easter to all of you :)

Annabel...glad you all arrived safe and sound! That really stinks driving in weather like that!

ChefBeckyD said:
We got about 7 inches here!

All of the Easter Egg Hunts were rescheduled for next Saturday. A bit anticlimactic, huh?
I told you we get more snow by the lake! We had a good 12 inches last night. It's melted down to about 5, today. I did a little shoveling this morning, but yes, KG, it was HEAVY. That's why I only did a little shoveling.

Yep, just when I was starting to get used to all the ugly dirty ground. It's all white again. How much? Enough that DH was out snow blowing -- and I know ours was heavy too.

I'm so ready for spring. DH has been sick off an on for about 2 months now and it finally caught up with me on Tuesday. We probably should be airing out our house (or having a sage burning ritual or something;) )to get the cooties out of here but it's too cold. DH is sleeping in the guest room in hopes of not having a relapse. Come on spring.

We've got some really angry robins in our backyard.

chefjeanine said:
We've got some really angry robins in our backyard.

The big black birds have been gathering sticks and stuff, and they've been squawking very loudly. I've also been seeing and hearing sea gulls. There were a bunch of ducks in a pond that I drove by the other day, too.

Related to How Much Snow Fell in Your Area?

1. How much snow did you get in Milwaukee?

About 18 inches northwest of Milwaukee.

2. Is that a lot of snow for that area?

Yes, it is a significant amount of snow for Milwaukee, especially considering it is wet and heavy.

3. How does this snow compare to the recent snowstorm in Ohio?

While it may not be as severe as the snowstorm in Ohio, it is still causing difficult conditions for residents in Milwaukee.

4. Is the snow good for making snowmen?

Yes, the heavy and wet consistency of the snow makes it perfect for building snowmen and other snow sculptures.

5. Is the snow causing any major issues in Milwaukee?

Yes, the heavy and deep snow is causing travel disruptions and power outages in some areas of Milwaukee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • wadesgirl