• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Ways Should You Split a Booth

In summary, you secured a booth for the summer at a Farmer's Market. You will be gone the week of conference so you will need someone to share the booth with you. You should have 2 people working at once, and you should let people know what to expect.
jj16
Gold Member
I know the title sounds a little silly but wasn't sure how to word it. I've secured a booth for the Summer. I know I will be gone the week of conference so I'll need someone who isn't going to conference to share it with me. Other than that how many other people do you let in. This is the first booth that I've done all the paperwork myself and secured it myself. I know I need bookings desperately so I'm not sure how many people I should ask to do it with me. Any suggestions? Thanks. Judy

Is it indoors or outside? That makes a difference for me as to how long I can work a shift.

If it is a busy fair, you should have 2 people working at once. If it is quiet, you can get by with just yourself.

Also, make sure the people that you let in know what to expect. If you have an offer, make sure everyone is willing to offer the same deal.

Thanks Holly - it is outdoors. It's a Farmer's Market. It will be 15 weeks for about 4-5 hours each week in the late afternoon around 4 p.m.

Do you WANT others to take some of the other weeks, or just the one? For 4-5 hours, I don't know that you'd need more than one person at a time unless you want the company. I have a friend of mine come help at long and busy booths. I keep all of the leads and she & I get time together. She knows enough about the product too. How many people should you share it with? What dates do you want? Then see what's left. Unless you have a group under you, just find one person to fill the other dates. If they don't want all of them, find someone else. In the end, it's YOUR name attached so you want to make sure these people are showing up. Otherwise, it's giving you a bad name with that group. Good luck!!

I have no problem doing all the weeks myself but I need someone to do the week of conference. I can miss up to 2 per season but I'm afraid that will give me a bad name and since it's my first I really want to make a good first impression.

not answering your question but - what do you do at a Farmer's Market? This kind of thing is new for me.

Jules711 said:
Do you WANT others to take some of the other weeks, or just the one? For 4-5 hours, I don't know that you'd need more than one person at a time unless you want the company. I have a friend of mine come help at long and busy booths. I keep all of the leads and she & I get time together. She knows enough about the product too. How many people should you share it with? What dates do you want? Then see what's left. Unless you have a group under you, just find one person to fill the other dates. If they don't want all of them, find someone else. In the end, it's YOUR name attached so you want to make sure these people are showing up. Otherwise, it's giving you a bad name with that group. Good luck!!

That is ideal!

I looked into a farmers market here. The orgainizer was rude. She said she only wanted to have vendors that sold food. I really think it would be a great place to display our products.

This is one that has craft vendors, produce growers, food vendors, and also downtown businesses. I think what helped was the fact that I sent in a picture of the booth we did from home and garden and also included a statement. I pointed out the fact that we have bamboo products and reusable grocery bags in keeping with the "green theme". I said that I may consider doing a demonstration with some of the produce being sold by the produce vendors using the Food Chopper or Garlic Peeler, Garlic Slicer, and Garlic Press. I explained that most of the time we do sales in other peoples homes and that I did not plan on doing anything for consumption.

Most of the things that I have found I started at the internet and then looked at the vendor requirements and costs and if I was interested got in touch with the contact person. You may also try things called Downtown Markets instead of Farmers Markets. They will usually allow more than just the food vendors in. I'm no pro I'm just a newbie desperate for bookings.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

1. How should I split a booth with another consultant?

There are a few different ways you can split a booth with another consultant. One option is to divide the booth space equally, with each consultant getting half. Another option is to divide the space based on the types of products each consultant sells. You could also alternate shifts throughout the event, with one consultant working the booth for a set amount of time before switching off with the other consultant.

2. What factors should I consider when deciding how to split a booth?

When deciding how to split a booth with another consultant, it's important to consider a few factors. These include the types of products each consultant sells, booth layout and size, and the overall goals and objectives for the event. It's also important to communicate and come to an agreement with the other consultant to ensure a successful and fair split.

3. Should I split a booth with another consultant if we sell similar products?

Yes, it can be beneficial to split a booth with another consultant who sells similar products. This allows you to showcase a wider range of products and potentially attract more customers. Just be sure to communicate and coordinate with the other consultant to avoid duplicate products and create a cohesive display.

4. How can I ensure a successful split booth with another consultant?

To ensure a successful split booth, it's important to communicate and plan with the other consultant beforehand. This includes discussing booth layout, product placement, and shifts. It's also important to have a positive and professional attitude and work together as a team to attract customers and make sales.

5. What should I do if a conflict arises during a split booth with another consultant?

If a conflict arises during a split booth with another consultant, it's important to communicate and address the issue calmly and professionally. Try to find a solution that works for both parties and keep the focus on the success of the event. If necessary, it may be helpful to involve a manager or event organizer for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
niclowther