• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Times Should You Try to Call Someone?

In summary, the conversation is about how to handle reaching out to people who have expressed interest in hosting or recruiting but have not responded. The group discusses the idea of trying different methods of contact, such as email, and not assuming that lack of response means disinterest. They also suggest leaving a final message or giving a deadline for a response before moving on.
Hi,

There are times when I try to contact people who expressed interest in hosting or recruiting, but I never get a hold of them. Do you think there is a limit of times you should try to reach that person. My husband says keep trying until you get a live person, because they may not of ever received the message that you called.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments for me?

Hi,

There are times when I try to contact people who expressed interest in hosting or recruiting, but I never get a hold of them. Do you think there is a limit of times you should try to reach that person. My husband says keep trying until you get a live person, because they may not of ever received the message that you called.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments for me?

Do you have an email you can try to contact them through. That's what I would do if no one is answering the phone.

However, if you are calling and leaving message after message and no response, maybe they changed there mind and are ignoring you.

Hope you get those bookings though.

Are you trying at all different times of the day? And days of the week? I just think people don't call back because they're lazy or they don't want to seem too gung-ho. Sure, there are some who just aren't interested any more, but it gets dangerous if we assume that. I've had several people just be so swamped that calling me back is just not on their list of things to do. But then when I DO connect with them, they truly do want to book a show, for example.

Some people leave a final "I don't want to be a Pampered Pest" message after they've called more than several times. They'll say something like "I have tried to get in touch with you several times and I haven't heard back from you. YOu may just be swamped with other things, but I don't want to become a Pampered Pest, so if you could take a minute and let me know either way if you're still interested in (booking a show/whatever), then I'll know whether or not to continue following up with you." Or some people say if they don't hear back, they'll just remove them from their data base and sometimes that's enough of a motivator for them to call you back because they really do still want to have contact with you.

HOpe that input helps! :)

Hi!

I completely understand your frustration with trying to reach potential hosts or recruits. In my experience, it's always best to keep trying until you get a live person or a response. Sometimes messages can get lost or overlooked, so it's important to follow up multiple times to ensure that your message is received. However, if you have tried multiple times without any response, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential hosts or recruits. Sometimes, people may simply not be interested or have changed their mind. Don't take it personally and keep putting yourself out there to reach new potential hosts and recruits. Good luck!

1. How many times should I try to call someone before giving up?

It ultimately depends on the situation and your relationship with the person. If it's an emergency or urgent matter, you may want to try calling multiple times until you get through. Otherwise, if it's a non-urgent matter, it's generally best to try calling once or twice and then leaving a voicemail or sending a text message.

2. Is it considered rude to call someone multiple times?

It can be seen as rude if you repeatedly call someone without a valid reason or if they have already made it clear that they are not available to talk. It's important to respect the other person's time and boundaries.

3. How long should I wait between each call attempt?

Again, this depends on the situation and your relationship with the person. If it's an emergency, you may want to try calling back immediately. Otherwise, it's generally best to wait at least a few hours before making another call attempt.

4. Is it better to call or text if someone doesn't answer?

This also depends on the situation and the person's preference. Some people may prefer a text message if they are unable to answer a call, while others may want you to keep trying to call. It's best to communicate with the person beforehand to determine their preferred method of communication.

5. Should I leave a voicemail if someone doesn't answer?

If you have something important to say, it's always a good idea to leave a voicemail. This allows the person to know why you called and gives them the opportunity to call you back when they are available. However, if it's not urgent, it's not necessary to leave a voicemail and you can try reaching out through another method of communication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dpcharlotte