• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Have Another "Business" Besides Pampered Chef?

In summary, this woman has a lot of commitments and responsibilities that she juggles. She does not respond and reply to questions, she only provides a summary of the conversation. Her husband is thinking about starting his own landscaping business and she is considering whether or not she can handle it. She has a publication design business that she runs from home. She also teaches Red Cross courses. She has two children that are involved in a lot of activities and she also does all the family finances and most of the housework. She says that she is "sure there's more on the list that is occasional so I forget to mention it."
FHL
Just curious how many others have additional "businesses" they run besides PC. My hubby is thinking about starting his own landscaping business - I would need to do the books, etc. I have also been doing some freelance work at home.

Wondering if it is possible to juggle everything or if eventually something will fall throught the cracks.

Step into my parlor :)

I work full time outside the home, plus I have Tasty Tidbits (about a 20 hour/week commitment) and my photography business (about 5-10 hours a week, depending on how many sessions I've booked).

My recordkeeping has been good for TT, although it's just on spreadsheets. The photography has been challenging because it involves tangible assets and therefore, sales tax reporting -- ugh... so my recordkeeping is a little more involved... plus there are just more variables with it.... landscaping might be the same for you -- though straight monthly maintenance might be simple, but quotations and estimates and contracts might cause you a bit more work.

Short answer to your question is that it depends on how organized you feel you can be. Bottom line is that you DO need to be very organized or else something will fall through the cracks. Good luck!

I think it depends on how many clients he is POSITIVE to have when he starts and if you already have the proper equipment, etc. No clients = no money, and you're never guaranteed any. It's like being a freelancer - you have to get out there and drum up clients, and keep consistent work. There's also insurance to think about, start-up costs, etc. You may want to contact your local Chamber to see if they have any information or advice on starting your own business. There's also a good website here from the Small Business Administration. Good luck!!

just PC for me - i have considered signing with out DS for their discount though.

I do the bookeeping for my parents biz and bills for Dhs biz. So it can be done!

I have a publication design business/ministry I run from home. It's all about setting a schedule (including record keeping) and sticking to it.

It all depends on YOU and how much you can or want to juggle.

I work FT and handle many major projects there.

I am Health & Safety Lieutenant AND Secretary on the local Fire Department which means I'm also a Firefighter and First Responder and have 2 meetings a month plus 2 trainings a month, plus writing grants, record keeping of training, calls, minutes, etc. Plus I have to take additional classes to keep up my licenses.

I teach Red Cross courses on occasion. About 1 every other month since I can't handle more. I have a Pet First Aid one coming up 10/25.

I do PC of course! My lowest month ever was $56.00:blushing: - yikes! But usually average $200-$300 easily per month and last month I did $1700.

I have 2 young kids that are both involved in Sunday School, school, AWANA on Tuesdays, 1 is in piano on Wednesdays and both in gymnastics on Thursdays. I help them nightly with homework or verses.

DH works full-time at a Christian camp where I also do the medical registration in the summer, lifeguard in the fall once in awhile and serve the weekend of Women's Retreat in his place.

I used to be an AWANA leader all the time, but I'm resting this year to give me "me" time and us "couple time" without the kids but am substituting when they need me.

I do sound at church on occasion and play French Horn sometimes.

DH and I both have our amateur radio licenses so we check in weekly on the ARES net and help if something comes up.

I do all our family finances and most of the housework (don't look at my house this month - yikes!). I have to catch up! But, amongst everything else, I feed my family every night and makes lunches in the morning.

I'm sure there's more on the list that is occasional so I forget to mention it...

The point?!?! You can do whatever you put your mind to and what works for your family. We go A LOT but we do almost everything as a family. My kids were with me at the Fire Station all last night helping in the office, reading or riding bikes while I was training, etc. We also treasure our family time and make a point to do things together like bike rides, etc. DH took a day off yesterday to take our 4 1/2 year old on his field trip and spend the day with him.

Choose what you want to do, organize yourself and do it.

They always say, busy people get more done!

Okay, here's my busy-ness .....

- I work FT outside the home.
- I do my DH's books for the farm (although I have been slacking off!!).
- I do up weekly deposits for our golf course.

That's beside PC and family activities!

As others have said, you need to set your priorities and make yourself a schedule. Make sure you do what you want to do! And don't forget to have fun! :)

We have a framing subcontracting business that we started in March after my husband was layed off. I do the bookkeeping and writing up bids and it can be stressful at times. Just wait until you pay all those taxes and try to plan to save for your income taxes (income taxes will be about 30% minus your expenses) that will be due, that will really make your head hurt. And if you have employees that's interesting too to see how much taxes you have to pay out for them. It's just a very big learning experience. My best advice I can give you is to have an accountant that will take care of some of the tax paper work and is always willing to answer your questions even if you ask the same ones over and over a few times before you finally get it. If there are employees I also would have an accountant do your payroll until you are ready to take it on yourself, you'll still have to track your payroll though.

Yes you can juggle and yes it is very hard. My PC business has suffered a bit from this, but I'm hanging in there.

Here is what my life entails:

Construction business
PC
Kids in sports and dance
Husband
Taking care of our home
Home bookkeeping
and what ever comes up, which seems to always be something.

Janet is right!! You can do anything you put your mind to.

I have five children - Michael 12, Nicole 11, Naomi 4, Isaac 2, and Daniel 1
I homeschool the 3 oldest! Plus I added another child to our household who I get paid to homeschool. He is 6 and he is with me Mon - Thurs for 40 hours!

Family night Fridays for christian or wholesome movies and snacks with our kids or date night with the hubby.

Family worship in the bible at least 3 times a week with daddy, I read the bible with my kids every day especially the new kiddo!

I make cakes from home, baking some wedding cakes for Saturday as I type this, for all occasions!!

I do floral work also, bouquets, corsages, etc...

We just bought a moonwalk (bouncer) that we rent out on the weekends so I take emails, phone calls and write down renters on their selected dates.

I am writing a children's book for my Wednesday night children's class at church, plus questions every week. I am on chapter 6 of 10 chapters I am writing. (I can email to anyone who is interested for their Sunday school class)

I run Mother's Night outs for my homeschool group as well as a ministry for single moms, moms whose husbands are deployed, soon to be moms or new homeschoolers to provide meals and childcare when needed. As well as run field trips several times a year and help with admin associated with our group!

My husband and I run a ministry on the east side of town where we give hot dogs, give tracts, pray with the people, and do ministry with the children. We bring them groceries, give them rides, etc...

I am going to start a bible study in my home next month mostly to evangelize my neighbors, and the woman at this east side courts.

I just finished my cooking classes the first week of this month and started economics classes for the homeschooling kids where they are learning to write checks, balance a checkbook, pay bills, buy a house, buy a car and make monthly payments with their checkbooks.

Oh yes and did I mention I do PC! ha ha ha

I do all the paperwork and receipts associated with our businesses!!

It's busy but the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle! He opens the doors and he closes the doors as well. So far all these doors are open for my family! But the most important time is spent early in the morning with the Lord in prayer and in his precious word. Or I wouldn't be able to do anything!!!

Debbie :D

Last edited:

1. How can I balance running my Pampered Chef business with another business?

Managing multiple businesses can be challenging, but it is possible with proper time management and organization. Set specific hours for each business and prioritize tasks to ensure that both businesses receive the attention they need. Utilize resources such as virtual assistants or automation tools to streamline tasks and free up time.

2. Is it allowed to have another business while working for Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is allowed to have another business while working for Pampered Chef. However, it is important to make sure that there is no conflict of interest and that the other business does not compete with Pampered Chef's products or services. It is always best to consult with your Pampered Chef leader or consult the policies and procedures for more information.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef customer list for my other business?

No, you cannot use your Pampered Chef customer list for your other business. Your customer list is considered confidential information and is protected by Pampered Chef's policies and procedures. It is also important to respect the privacy of your customers and not use their information for any other purpose.

4. How can having another business benefit my Pampered Chef business?

Having another business can bring in additional income and expand your network of potential customers. It can also provide opportunities to cross-promote and collaborate with your Pampered Chef business. Additionally, running another business can enhance your skills and knowledge, which can be applied to your Pampered Chef business.

5. Will Pampered Chef provide support for my other business?

Pampered Chef's main focus is to support and train consultants for their direct selling business. However, there are resources and tools available that can benefit your other business as well. For example, the marketing and social media training provided by Pampered Chef can be applied to promoting your other business as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies