• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Do You Keep a Show Open?

In summary, the hosts usually keep shows open for about a week, with some offering a couple of extra days if needed. There is a preference for shorter closing dates, as longer ones do not necessarily result in more outside sales. Some hosts also like to keep a buffer for rollover orders. Most hosts communicate with their guests about the closing date and there is a general agreement that a specific time should be set and adhered to. However, there are some who struggle with setting a time limit and may need to work on being more assertive. Overall, there is a preference for closing shows on Wednesdays, but for weekday shows, the decision is made jointly.
cookingisfunagain
I am wondering how long you all usually keep shows open after the party??2 days? 3 days? a week? longer? Thanks

I usually keep a party open for no longer than one week. Unless the host has requested to keep it open a lottle longer at the show and I get the OK from all of the guests.

Generally a week is the longest I'll allow a host to keep a show open. I prefer only two or three days. In my experience, a longer closing date does not translate into more outside sales.

Well I try to make it a few days after the show some times a week , only because a few people could not make it to the party that night ;
It wll al depend on the month like for June you need to get in as much as possibe fo get the FREE Fall products so I will tell my host I have to close it by July 5th ( don;t forget the holiday )
I also like to have some rollover so I always get a pay check and thats usually around Jan / feb when I am a bit slower .. so all and all No longer than a week . the guest start to want there products ...

I close my shows the night of unless they are specifically waiting on someone, then they can have 1-2 extra days. It has relieved so much stress in my life to go home knowing the show is done! No having to track down a host or wait for checks in the mail.

I usually keep mine open about 3 days or so, so that they can get more outside orders and have time to pick what they want for sure. This month mine are running about a week.

I offer to keep it open for the host 2 days after the show .... if it extends past that time, I call and tell them I will be closing her show at 8:00 pm. If I do not have their FREE items order, I tell them not to worry "If I do not hear from you by 8:00 pm - I will select some items I am sure they will like" and I "ALWAYS" get a call.... :cool:

I have a bad habit of letting hosts get away with leaving them open too long. I need to start giving a time limit.

I try to do 5 days, but I'm a softie when someone says they need a couple more. I also need to be more adamant about "That's when we're closing." Then my business looks like a real business, and not a hobby.

PCGINA said:
I offer to keep it open for the host 2 days after the show .... if it extends past that time, I call and tell them I will be closing her show at 8:00 pm. If I do not have their FREE items order, I tell them not to worry "If I do not hear from you by 8:00 pm - I will select some items I am sure they will like" and I "ALWAYS" get a call.... :cool:

That's awesome!!
Have you ever had someone not call?

When I do shows on weekends, I like to close them on Wednesdays. I like to keep Weds as my "show closing day" and don't have to try to fit the call in at a different time.

For weekday shows, we decide together. I do fewer of those so it's more flexible.

Related to How Long Do You Keep a Show Open?

How Long Do You Keep a Show Open?

The length of time you keep a show open can vary, but here are the most frequently asked questions regarding this topic:

1. How long should I keep my show open?

The recommended length of time to keep a show open is 10-14 days. This gives your guests enough time to place their orders and for you to collect them.

2. Can I extend the show if I haven't reached my sales goal?

Yes, you can extend the show for an additional 3-4 days if you haven't reached your sales goal. This will give your guests more time to place their orders and help you reach your goal.

3. Is there a maximum length for a show?

Yes, the maximum length for a show is 21 days. After this time, the show will automatically close and you will no longer be able to collect orders.

4. Can I close my show early?

Yes, you can close your show early if you have reached your sales goal or if you need to end the show for any other reason. Just make sure to communicate this with your guests and collect any remaining orders.

5. What happens if a guest wants to place an order after the show has closed?

If a guest wants to place an order after the show has closed, you can take their order and add it to a future show or submit it as a separate order. However, it's best to encourage guests to place their orders during the show to ensure they receive any special offers or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SVanHout
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • beckypchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beckypchef
  • hlynn424