• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Can I Hold a Show Open

In summary, the guest and host specials end of the following month. However, you should not let a host dictate how long to keep the show open. Mine generally only stay open a few days.
pwatts
I need to know how long I can hold a show open, she said she needs 2 weeks is that too long?

In order to get the host and guest special, it's the end of the following month (end of February for January shows). But, you shouldn't let a host dictate how long to keep the show open. Mine generally only stay open a few days. Did she give you a reason why? My biggest push to my hosts is the fact that the guest who have already ordered are going to wonder where their products are. Technically if it stays open for two weeks after the party, they may not get their products for a full month from the party (depending on shipping).

I tell my hosts to collect orders before hand (if people cant come but want to buy) and that I will close their show the night of the party. This way, I am not waiting around for a $20 order.

Also, you are in a way penalizing the people that came to your show basically saying "youre not important" I am going to wait 2 weeks for other orders.

People who go to the show see, touch, perhaps book a show, want their products. Those are the loyal customers, not the ones you have to wait 2 weeks for.

Plus, don't you want to get paid?

Think of it that way. You can keep your show open but think of the people who are taking the hit.

You might want to try this for your future shows. HTH Good Luck :)

Thank You! I know thats wrong to make them wait, I will sugest other options to her, She was just wanting a big show for January, she is so close to 500.00 to get the extra. If I do choose to let her, I will tekll her she needs to explain to her friends.
Thanks for you quick response

Right now I realize that she is trying to hit the $500 mark, but typically if you have someone who thinks they can get a lot of orders by waiting, see if you can for example, close their January show and refer a Feb show in the current hosts name. Then she would get 4 items at 60% off in Feb just from her outside orders. Of course, she would have to collect a minimum of $150 in orders in Feb. But wouldn't it be worth it?

I would tell her a week in that situation. Call her in a week, see how she's doing. If she really wants to get to the next level, she shouldn't take two weeks, she should try now.

I have found that hostesses will leave their shows open forever if I let them... but, miraculously, if I give them a definitely deadline then they manage to get their orders together much quicker. I had a recent host that was dragging her feet, "trying" (not very hard!) to get to the next level... I told her that I really needed to close her order on Thursday (which still gave her plenty of time after her party) in order to meet my own personal goals ($5000 in my first 90 days). Once I told her that, she was happy to help me and managed to get 2 more orders that day to close out. Just light a little fire under 'em ;)

Actually...there is no deadline for the guest and host specials. I had a downline consultant not submit a September show and I somehow got it in my mail December 11th! I wanted to cry :cry: . So I called HO and we were still able to send in a September show. When I asked HO about it she said there is no set time limit to get the show in.

Now would I ever tell anyone this but you guys? NO...shushhhh be bery quiet.....tis a secret!!!

Just thought I would let you all know.

I personally try to close the show 3-4 days after the show, unless I have shows scheduled, then they have to go a little longer. Like next week I have 5 shows and will be out of state for the weekend! and the week after that 5. So finding time to close is going to be hectic.:) But it is a good problem to have!!

I had to add this...I just remembered something and I didn't want my post to have bad backlash...:angel:

Here is the only deadline for submitting a show:

Deadlines at the End
of a Selling Season
Shows must be submitted to the Home Office within 30 days
of the end of the season during which a Show was held. Shows
submitted after this time will be adjusted to the current
season’s prices. Dropped products will be refunded or
exchanged and Consultant commissions adjusted accordingly.

So in February, you have till March 30!! Just wanted you to know!!:)

1. How long can I hold a show open?

The length of time you can hold a show open will vary depending on several factors, such as the availability of your guests and the expiration date of any host rewards or special offers. It is recommended to hold a show open for no longer than 2-3 weeks to ensure the best attendance and maximize potential sales.

2. Can I extend the time of my open show?

Yes, you can extend the time of your open show if needed. However, we recommend reaching out to your guests to confirm their availability before extending the show. You can also consider offering an additional incentive or special offer to encourage guests to place their orders sooner rather than later.

3. What happens if I don't close my show within the recommended time frame?

If you do not close your show within the recommended time frame, it may affect the availability of certain products or host rewards. Additionally, your guests may lose interest or be unable to place their orders if the show is open for too long.

4. Can I hold multiple shows open at the same time?

Yes, you can hold multiple shows open at the same time. However, it is important to manage your time effectively and ensure that you are able to provide proper support and follow-up for each show.

5. Are there any exceptions to the recommended time frame for holding a show open?

In certain situations, such as unexpected events or extenuating circumstances, exceptions may be made to the recommended time frame for holding a show open. Please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service for assistance in these cases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tsm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • SVanHout
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • cookingisfunagain