• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Hard Is It to Go Full Time With Pampered Chef?

In summary, the individual is considering whether or not to do PC full time. They need to make about $2000 a month and they are worried about the love for the job going down if they go full time. They have had some successful PC shows and are hoping to do more in the future. Their director makes around $4000-$9000 a month and the individual is hoping to be able to do the same. They are also worried about their brother, who they say won't let them have people over, and about their aunt, who was unsupportive of their first show.
speedychef
My "real job" is really not cutting it anymore. The hours are too sporadic and I just can't count on it. So I'm trying to decide if I can do PC full time.

I need to make about $2000 a month. I'm a FD, so I know I'll get a little more with my override, but I'll just consider that mad money...I've hit my 15K, so I'd be making 28% commission at that point...I'd have to have about $7200 in sales every month, and with a $500 average, that's about 15 shows a month...I would really love to do 15 shows a month, but I think my biggest month was 8 shows.

SO, I guess what I'm wondering is how many of you make that kind of money? (If I could be so nosy...) And what kind of chances do you think I would stand? I'm sure if I did 15 shows a month, I would stand a better chance of meeting more people/recruiting more/becoming director, too...

I just don't know...my boyfriend isn't really supportive of my PC job, but I haven't REALLY filled him in on how much I've made...kind of keeping it to myself lest he expect me to do something silly with it like contribute towards the mortgage or something! :rolleyes:

Right now, it's my "fun job." I'm afraid that if I go full time with it I will start to lose the love for it. The fun part is that it kind of doesn't matter if I slack off...And I REALLY have been slacking off. SO can I take it from zero to 60 in 2 months? I think there's a slight possibility, but I just don't know if I can make the plunge....Any ideas/advice?

I am currently "stepping it up" with PC and found it really easy to do. Granted I am not making $2000 a month yet, but I went from 1 cooking show a month to 8 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows this month alone. I guess my biggest help was the new catalog- but I was afraid to ask for bookings before. Now that I want to rely more on PC I NEED to ask for bookings and have been very succesful with it. I always felt like I was "behind" like looking for March bookings in March. Now I am looking forward to April and May (even June!) in March and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable about PC!

The more shows I do= more people I meet= more bookings and recruits!

My director has 4-5 shows a week and makes around $4000-$9000 a month. If she can do that in Anchorage, Alaska you can do it too! Also- I would focus on raising your sales average in addition to focusing on more bookings so you don't go crazy.

As for getting burnt out- I had the best show I have ever had (sales wise and general feeling wise) and I really think it is because I have had two other shows this week. I feel a lot more prepared and almost "act out" my show instead of throwing facts together like I used to do when I would do 1 show a month. It is really hard to get back into the groove after a month, but I remembered to say everything at my show today because I just did it yesterday too!!

I know what you mean about being in the groove...when I was more consistent, I felt like my shows were better...Anchorage, huh? I suppose out here in the 'burbs of neverending Chicago, I should be able to eke out a living. I might give it a whirl...

My family isn't REALLY supportive. I think they think it's a phase I'm going through. I wonder if I tell them that I want to make it my "real job" if they would take it more seriously and help me out. I asked my aunt to host a HWC fundraiser for me and her answer was, "I JUST hosted a show for you! (September 2005...) And I don't know who I could invite that I didn't invite to the first one!" UM...the SAME PEOPLE?! Hmmm I will have to think and pray on it...I'm going to visit my Director in TX in a month and I can't wait! I'm sure she'd be excited to help me figure it out...

My other obstacle is that Bryan won't let me have people over EVER. He's so lame like that. I guess I have to just talk to him about it...

A good way to branch out a bit is to do the Pamper a Business thing- I have gotten a few shows just by bringing treats and cattys to hair places, doctor's offices, etc. If if doesn't work then it doesn't, but it is worth a try!!

Hey Gillian, I'd love to see an outline of your shows if you have one. Especially if you're successfully stepping it up like that! That is awesome and I am trying to step mine up some as well. I doing 5 - 6 shows and a catalog show here and there each month. But I want to break $1000 a month!

I consistentyl make at least $2000 per month and I submit probaly 7-8 shows/month. I have a dinky little team that mostly doesn't do much, but one hardworking lady has promoted to director and her sales are outstanding. I do work hard at what I do, but I'm able to do it without having the hours/time away at a "real" job.

It can be done!

One thing I'd suggest is to do the same recipe at every show for at least one month. You'll have the whole routine down, dishes/packing will be a snap. Book shows while you're working. Leave 15 minutes early for your show, pull off near your show location and spend 15 minutes making your calls. That one is a lifesaver.

Also, once you take them on a trip, your unsupportive family will be on board.

Kim,

To me, going full time is not about the number of shows, but about building and leading a team.

Anyone could run themselves ragged doing 15 shows a month to make $2000. But when you have a team, you can make that same $2000 in 5 shows.

Obviously, you want to step up your show schedule, but I would focus on recruiting.

Meet with your director and share your goals and she'll help you make a plan to reach them!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Hey Gillian, I'd love to see an outline of your shows if you have one. Especially if you're successfully stepping it up like that! That is awesome and I am trying to step mine up some as well. I doing 5 - 6 shows and a catalog show here and there each month. But I want to break $1000 a month!
I don't really have an outline, but the biggest thing that changed was seeing my director's show and listening to Belinda. Belinda describes this scenario about a waitress who waits in the corner until you get up and ask her for some coffee. That is what I was doing before... waiting for someone to approach me about holding a show. No wonder I had 1 booking a month! Now that I ask everyone and pass around the host flyers and show the host specials in my demo (CAN YOU BELIEVE I WASN'T DOING THIS BEFORE???) I have gotten tons of bookings. My director showed me the right ways to get a date on my calendar the night of the show and that has helped a lot too!

I have had the same problem.... I am naturaly a really shy person....But at a January Training.. I got an idea of doing a little box thing at my demo, and what I did is I bought three little chinese boxes and put dates on them that I wanted to have shows.. then I took a catalog and cut out some in expensive items in it, and put one in each box with tissue paper...... then I bring them to a show, and sit them like on the counter if I am doing the demo in the kitchen, or coffee table if I am doing in the living room... I dont' say what they are I just let the guest ask me ... I keep saying oh I will tell you about htem in a few then as the end of my show.. I say the boxes are.. ifyou pick one of those boxes with the date on it and book and hold a show with me what ever is in the box... you will get.... I went from two shows a month to three this month.... But I want to have 5-6 shows a month.. I have one recurit already and working on some others..... as well...

I would give anything to go full time with PC and I think the opportunity may be coming rumor is someone is going to get laidoff at work. And I know its between me and another girl who my bosses wife is best friends with. Jee wonder who that will be???

I did talk to my director this morning and she recommended to not go overboard with the 15 shows thing. She recommended CONSISTENTLY doing 2 shows/week. I think if I could do that for 3 months, I would promote, and she told me about her overrides and production bonus. Last month her overrides/bonus were $300 and we were ALL a bunch of slackers, so THAT is nice...I'm going to get myself 2 shows/week in April and May and see where things go from there! Thanks for all your encouragement, I'm off to make some calls!

Gillian, will you explain your Pamper a Business a little more, I have all kinds of doctors offices aroung where I live... and the YMCA!
Would be nice to hear what you do!!
And good luck Kim, After May, PC will be my full time job so I am filling my calendar as quick as I can!!You can do it!!

Last edited:
I would LOVE to quit my FT job. I only need to make $1500 to $2000 a month to do this. I have a long way to go, but I'm working towards this.

The only reason it will be full time for me is because it will be my only job, I homeschool my son and right now I clean a school in the evening, but that contract will be up in May so I need to get on the ball!!!

pckelly said:
Gillian, will you explain your Pamper a Business a little more, I have all kinds of doctors offices aroung where I live... and the YMCA!
Would be nice to hear what you do!!
And good luck Kim, After May, PC will be my full time job so I am filling my calendar as quick as I can!!You can do it!!
I found the idea on here so I can't claim it as my own, but I call a business and let them know that I am a PC consultant and I am trying out some new recipes. I ask if I can bring some samples and catalogs by. Some businesses are really rude but most are nice and agree. Bring something yummy and easy to grab (I bring the profiterole puffs because they are cheap, easy and don't need plates). I also have some leftover recipe cards for them that I leave so they can make them at home.

I bring cattys and order forms with a mystery hostess sticker on them. The key is to bring the food in a PC item that you need returned. I bring the puffs in the chillzane in the rectangular basket or in the large SA bowl in the basket. Let them know that you will be back on (whatever day) to pick up your bowl and they can order at that time if they want.

I go back on that day and sometimes there are orders and sometimes there isn't. I figure even if they just have my info it was worth it! If there aren't enough orders for a show I add them onto another show and give the mystery hostess $10 in FPV.

Great idea!

WOW Great idea!! I sure will try that! Thanks Gillian

Good luck! I have had no orders from some businesses and $1000 shows from others. It is a gamble but when you have no where else to turn it sure helps!

I might try this...I like the profiterole puffs, too. You can make them and freeze them, so when you're in the mood to do it, just take them out of the freezer a few hours ahead and off you go!

What is the mystery hostess sticker?

How do you pick the mystery host? Do you specify one person, perhaps the receptionist? Or is it random?

Robin

I give out drawing slips to everyone that orders and then randomly draw one. That way you have thier info, they have to answer the questions, and people will order just to get a drawing slip!

Kim good luck & keep us posted on your progress! I am quite jealous. I wish I only needed $2k per month to make this full time. I am the main income earner so for me it would need to be $4-5k to justify it! I know it can be done but I think that is years down the road as my job schedule just doesn't allow me the flexibility right now to do that many shows and not collapse :)

Well, I'm NOT the only income, which is good, and we don't have kids, which is a big money saver! (I once had a friend with no kids that bought himself a new $1500 bicycle every year because "having no kids is like winning the LOTTO!") It's one of those things, though...if I made $2000, I'd "NEED" more...you know how it is...I'm going to stay on top of life!

Kim, I am in the same boat with you...just a spoiled doggie for us...and I know what you mean about the more you have the more you "need"...DH just got a f/t permanent job and with that came a huge raise, so we are getting used to not having to worry as much and I want to keep it that way...even if my goal/dream has to be put off for a while! Balance is important :D

1. How many hours a week do I need to work in order to go full time with Pampered Chef?

In order to go full time with Pampered Chef, you will need to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. However, the more time and effort you put into your business, the greater your potential for success.

2. Do I need to meet certain sales goals in order to go full time with Pampered Chef?

Yes, in order to go full time with Pampered Chef, you will need to meet certain sales goals set by the company. These goals may vary depending on your individual business and market, but your Pampered Chef mentor can help you set and achieve these goals.

3. Can I still work another job while going full time with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can still have another job while going full time with Pampered Chef. Many consultants start out by working part time and gradually transition to full time as their business grows and becomes more profitable.

4. Are there any upfront costs or investments required to go full time with Pampered Chef?

Yes, there are some initial costs and investments required to start your Pampered Chef business. These include purchasing a starter kit, which includes product samples, business materials, and training resources. You may also need to invest in marketing materials and supplies to host cooking shows.

5. How can I ensure success and make the transition to full time with Pampered Chef?

The key to a successful transition to full time with Pampered Chef is to consistently work on your business and focus on building relationships with your customers. Utilize the training and support resources provided by the company, and always strive to exceed your sales goals. With dedication and hard work, you can achieve success as a full time Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Illine Smith
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ngokxit
  • AMTC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Kristianne