• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Far Do You Drive for a Fair?

In summary, if you're willing to drive an hour or so for a show, it's worth it. If not, don't bother going.
ellietheresa
I'm trying to decide if I should do this expo, it's about 1 hour away. My goal right now is to get new contacts outside my family and friends and also get recruits but I'm not sure I want to go an hour away. How far do you drive for an expo/fair?

That depends on just how far you want to drive!!! You need to take into consideration that people could come from an hour or 2 away, in the opposite direction that you came in, so that could end up to be a 2-3 hour drive for you! But at the same time, you might want to just to get the leads, and then focus on trying to recruit someone in that area and then they can have some of your shows, if the traveling gets to be too much!
Completely needs to be your choice and I would think about it before jumping into something you may not want to committ to especially with the price of gas. If you do decide to go for it.... my biggest reccomendation is HOST COACH, HOST COACH, HOST COACH and then HOST COACH SOME MORE!!! Because if you go do shows for people that have put a good deal of effort into their shows, then you will have a great show and it will be worth it, but if you have to drive their for a 200.00 show, it won't be worth it and you might end up spending more in gas than it's worth!
Let us know what you decide!:balloon:

ellietheresa said:
I'm trying to decide if I should do this expo, it's about 1 hour away. My goal right now is to get new contacts outside my family and friends and also get recruits but I'm not sure I want to go an hour away. How far do you drive for an expo/fair?

Only for an hour for a fair if you're willing to go that far for a show. It's likely that folks going to the fair will be in that area and if you book a show, that's how far you'll travel to do so.

I look at it this way. My husband travles about that far every day to go to work. So if i do it 3,4,5,6 times in a month than it is worth it. Look at it this way you wont do it daily and it will expand your customer base. I personally WOULD do it...

Thanks guys for the feedback. I did some thinking and decided to go for it! My husband drives 45 minutes one way to work as well so isn't much further than that. I'll let ya know how it goes! :)

lkprescott said:
Only for an hour for a fair if you're willing to go that far for a show. It's likely that folks going to the fair will be in that area and if you book a show, that's how far you'll travel to do so.

That's exactly what I was going to say Lisa! With gas at $4.39+/gal (and rising everyday) ~ I'm not willing to drive over 45 minutes away anymore.

We just drove two hours for a show on Sunday and have done it a few times in the past. It's not worth it anymore. We're working on recruiting someone in that area to take our clients for us. But with the cost of gas and all that time...it's just not worth it. So I would say really think about how far you want to travel to do kitchen shows. We also haven't had a whole lot of luck at fairs. So to us it wouldn't be worth it. But, of course, you can make your own decision. I hope you do well with it!!

It's the gas prices I'm most worried about, of course so we shall see. It will be about 45 minutes so I pray it's worth it. I'm focusing on recruiting so that is why I decided to do it. ::crossing my fingers!::

I had my event today and it was a great decision. It took about 50 minutes to get there but I listened to the PC CD (Booths Build Business, I think that's the name of it!) on the way and it didn't seem like it took very long :) I got some great leads and it was a nice event for the animal shelter. I plan on doing a cooking show this month for the shelter as well and they are collecting orders. This is my first fundraiser so I'm excited to see how it goes!

I hate to drive and hate traffic, so I wont go further than 45 minutes. Plus gas prices are so outrageous. I have not had much luck with vendor fairs, but am hoping I will one of these days.

Related to How Far Do You Drive for a Fair?

1. How do you determine the distance you are willing to drive for a fair?

We use a mileage calculator to determine the distance and time it would take for us to drive to a fair.

2. Is there a limit to how far you will drive for a fair?

We do have a limit for the distance we will drive for a fair, which is typically around 2 hours or 100 miles from our location.

3. Can you make exceptions for fairs that are further than your usual limit?

We understand that there may be special circumstances for certain fairs, and we are willing to consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis.

4. Do you charge any additional fees for driving to a fair that is farther away?

No, we do not charge any additional fees for driving to a fair that is farther away. Our fee for participating in a fair remains the same regardless of the distance.

5. Can you recommend other consultants in the area if you are unable to attend a fair that is too far?

Yes, we have a network of consultants in different areas, and we would be happy to recommend someone who may be able to attend the fair if we are unable to due to distance or schedule conflicts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• koima
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefShalon