• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Prefer to Do a Show??

In summary, the conversation is about the experience of attending Pampered Chef shows, the preferred number of recipes to be served, and tips for running a smooth and successful show. There is a focus on showcasing the products and their features, as well as cross-selling and making the show enjoyable for guests. The use of demos and samples, as well as incorporating host benefits, is also mentioned.
jessica_momof6
Silver Member
before I ever thought of becoming a consultant, I went to the best PC show ever. The lady just got up, introduced herself and did her recipe..and as she prepared the food-she would talk about each tool..but it wasn't a real "sales pitch" if you know what I mean. She would ask the guests questions about their own products etc....it was soo smooth. It really showed how easy it was to use the PC products.

Since then, I have attended a few other shows...and they are more the long spiel about the products and just a few minutes on preparing the food.
(which to me-well, I never liked as a consumer! I got bored sitting there after a while....LOL)

so now that I am a consultant, I am trying to figure out how to do my shows. How do you do it? Do you really focus on products?
and how many items do you serve? I have noticed on here that many people mention 2 food items, but I have never been to a show where they did 2! LOL

Thanks!

I prefer one recipe...I feel like the night can drag on if you do more than one. I know everyone's as anxious to get home as I am so I try to keep it short. I explain the recipe but talk a lot about the tools I'm using and others that work well with cross selling. I always talk about cookware and stoneware at the beginning of the show.

I, too am conscious of sounding like I'm just a big commercial so really try to enjoy myself and pray that they are enjoying themselves too. Pampered Chef has made it so easy for us with their high-quality products and great reputation that it doesn't take much on our part to convince the guests to try a product! That reminds me, I always talk about the guarantee at the very beginning when I'm explaining the order form to them to make sure they are aware that everything they buy can be taken for a "test drive" to make sure they really like the product. And that it is completely risk-free for the first three weeks (it's actually a month from when it shipped to hostess but you never know when a hostess delivers the products!)

We all want dessert!!I usually have one main dish or appetizer that I serve and then I have dessert. You gotta have dessert....well all of my hosts love their dessert.
I usually demo the first one and the dessert is pretty much all done by the time I get to the host's home, and I just squirt some whipped cream on top of desserts, sprinkle chocolate and nuts on the puffs, or drizzle warm chocolate sauce on the torte.
It is great to see their eyes light up at a dessert that hardly took me any time to prepare.
And a little sample of food, a little sample of dessert makes for good customers!!
As far as running smooth I have fun so I don't sound like I'm reading a script. I try different things and try to be creative about games and I try to make sure everyone has fun. I really talk about the great uses and features of our products by explaining my personal uses for them.
I am being honest and at the same time giving them facts they can really use. I always talk about host benefits and I love when I have people at a show that love PC, they sell the stuff for me!! You can actually cross sell so many items with one recipe. It's great to make all the PC tools accessible in your home to use everyday. So you can become familiar with them, and become comfortable using them. I met a consultant once who had her PC stuff still in her crate for her next show, I told her she needed to get them out and practice. She did and told me it made a huge difference.
Debbie

I've taken to doing the Mom's Apple Crisp in All the Best. It's kinda fun to dust off the apple corer/peeler/slicer again and let some of the guests try it. It opens the door to talk about stoneware again, and the whole thing microwaves in 15 minutes.

Of course, it helps to find out before the show if the host has a microwave oven large enough to hold a deep dish baker. My last host had one of those microwaves for doing nothing larger than a pot pie.

Oops.

But people sure love the taste of a fresh, hot dessert. (Just not at that show.)

Hi there! I completely understand what you mean about attending shows where the consultant just does a long sales pitch on the products. It can get pretty boring as a consumer, and I'm sure you want to avoid that for your own shows. In my experience, the most successful shows are the ones where the consultant focuses on the products while also showcasing how easy they are to use in the recipe. It's important to strike a balance between talking about the products and actually using them in the recipe. That way, your guests can see the value and benefits of the products in action.As for the number of items to serve, it really depends on the type of show you're doing and the time you have allotted. I typically aim for 2-3 items, but I've also done shows where I only served 1 item because it was a more complicated dish. The key is to choose recipes that are easy and quick to prepare, but also showcase a variety of products.I hope this helps! Best of luck with your shows and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How do I book a Pampered Chef show?

Booking a Pampered Chef show is easy! You can contact one of our consultants directly, or you can visit our website and use the "Find a Consultant" feature to connect with someone in your area. Once you have a consultant, they will work with you to schedule a date and time for your show.

2. Is there a minimum amount I need to spend at a Pampered Chef show?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement at a Pampered Chef show. However, our consultants may offer special deals or promotions for reaching certain spending thresholds. These offers vary by consultant, so be sure to ask your consultant for more details.

3. Can I host a Pampered Chef show at my home?

Yes, you can absolutely host a Pampered Chef show at your home! Our consultants are happy to come to your home and bring all the products and supplies needed for a successful show. You can also choose to host a virtual show and invite your friends and family to join in from the comfort of their own homes.

4. What types of products can I expect to see at a Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and other cooking and entertaining products. Our consultants will bring a selection of our most popular and newest products to each show, giving you the opportunity to see and try them out for yourself. You can also browse our full product line on our website.

5. Do I need to provide anything for a Pampered Chef show?

No, you do not need to provide anything for a Pampered Chef show. Our consultants will bring all the necessary products and supplies, including food ingredients for any recipes they will be demonstrating. All you need to do is invite your guests and enjoy the show!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinaglotzbach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Dina Atnip
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ckarasevic