• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make Your Cutting Boards Look New?

In summary, the customer's cutting boards seem very hard to get clean and white. The customer has tried various methods to clean them, but none of them have worked. The customer has also tried sanding them, but this does not work well. The customer has been told about a trick to clean the boards and has also been told about how to bleach them.
gailz2
Gold Member
I'm not sure if I've done something to my cutting boards, but they seem very hard for me to get them clean and white. I do put them in the dishwasher. Any suggestions?

soft scrub with bleach

thanks, I haven't tried that -- do you tell customers that as well?

Clorax Clean Up Spray! Every time I use it and it doesn't rinse right off to white, I spray it with that and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse off and was as normal. They look great!

I tell them a diluted bleach solution, clorox clean up, etc will work. You can also use fine sandpaper to smooth it out again.

Mine has gotten so many stains from cilantro and red bell peppers and the Clorox spray doesn't work and neither does the dishwasher. HOWEVER, remember that our cutting boards are the same material all the way through so you CAN sand them....starting off with a medium grit and then going to a fine grit until you get it to the feel/texture that you like. I always tell my customers about this!!!

I was told about the sanding trick also. Not only that but my director told me to place it out in the sun for a bit to help bleach it. I had strawberry stains on it even after washing it so i set it out on top of my barbecue for a few hours in the sun and coudln't believe how white it was again when I brought it in! Very cool!

This is great news! I couldn't get mine white again & don't have a diswasher. I will spray them & then maybe let them "work on their tan".

CAPCnewbie said:
I was told about the sanding trick also. Not only that but my director told me to place it out in the sun for a bit to help bleach it. I had strawberry stains on it even after washing it so i set it out on top of my barbecue for a few hours in the sun and coudln't believe how white it was again when I brought it in! Very cool!

This is great! I want to try this!!

1. How often should I clean my cutting board?

It is recommended to clean your cutting board after each use with hot, soapy water and a scrub brush. For tougher stains or odors, you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water.

2. Can I use bleach to clean my cutting board?

No, bleach can damage the wood and leave a strong chemical smell. Stick to using hot, soapy water or natural cleaning solutions.

3. How do I remove stains from my cutting board?

You can use a mixture of lemon juice and salt or a paste of baking soda and water to remove stains from your cutting board. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off and rinsing with hot water.

4. How do I keep my cutting board from slipping on my counter?

Using a damp paper towel or a non-slip mat underneath your cutting board can help prevent it from slipping while you are using it.

5. Can I put my cutting board in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your cutting board in the dishwasher as it can cause warping and cracking. Hand washing with hot, soapy water is the best method for cleaning your cutting board.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lovescooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies