• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Guest's Credit Card Number Valid?

In summary, if you enter a guest's credit card information into P3, and submit the order with that card, HO will see that the payment was made with a good card, and the order will be processed as normal. However, if you get an email from HO asking you to go to CC to check on a "resolve credit card" issue (under managing my business>my shows>resolving declined credit cards), then it will be up to you to contact the customer and let them know.
BadGirl
Gold Member
At what point do you find out if a guest has given you a "bad" credit card number?

If I enter their information into P3, and submit the order with my Pampered Chef credit card info, HO sees that I paid for the entire order with a good caredit card, and they will pick and deliver the items, as they should. But where in the process would I be informed that a credit card from a guest is a bad card?

Obviously, I can tell if someone has passed a bad check when my bank notifies me [and BEFORE I submit the show], but I'm confused on the credit card issue.

Sorry for a dumb question, but I just had two shows this weekend where guests gave me their credit card info, and because I do not know these people, I'm a little concerned.

You will get an email (most of the time) from HO asking you to go to CC and check on a "resolve credit card" issue (under managing my business>my shows>resolving declined credit cards). Then it will be up to you to contact the customer and let them know. A simple "I'm sorry but there's an issue with your credit card and it's holding up the shipment of the show" usually does it--short, professional, and not judgemental. Then follow the directions to resolve the issue. BTW, sometimes the emails sent from HO get lost in cyberspace, so it's a good idea to check CC under that link a day or so after you submit it just in case their email didn't make it to your email box.

the company will let you know by e-mail that if they had a bad card it will say that the show is on hold. it is not that bad i have had a few of them that way. but they always get it resloved to still have a show.

Thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated!

If your shows have been released for picking - then the credit cards are fine.

Also if it is a bogus credit card number Pampered Partner will not take it. In other words under the payment section, when you enter the card number all 16 digits will remain in view instead of just the last 4.

Had that happen before. Host wrote down the number wrong. :-} Had it fixed before show was even sent in.

I absolutely LOVE it when they pay by credit card. It saves me a trip to the bank AND I don't have to worry about their check bouncing! Yes, PC will let you know (I've never NOT received an e-mail and don't make it a habit to check that web page on a regular basis). I usually try it one more time just to make sure that I didn't make a typo, then call the guest & let them know. Now I blame it on the new receipts! The guest now gets the top copy which means that I'm trying to read off the yellow copy. It's sometimes hard to read, so I just tell them that the carbon is hard to read & I must be typing in the number wrong, then have them verify it! LOL That way, the blame lies with the carbon copy and not THEM. ;)

1. How can I check if my guest's credit card number is valid?

To check if your guest's credit card number is valid, you can use an online credit card validator tool or contact the credit card company directly.

2. Can I check the validity of a credit card number without charging it?

Yes, you can use an online credit card validator tool to check the validity of a credit card number without charging it. This will only verify if the number is valid, but not if there are sufficient funds or if the card is stolen.

3. What are the consequences of charging an invalid credit card number?

If you charge an invalid credit card number, the payment will not go through and you will not receive the funds. Additionally, you may be subject to fees or penalties from the credit card company for attempting to process an invalid transaction.

4. How can I protect my business from fraudulent credit card transactions?

To protect your business from fraudulent credit card transactions, you can use a secure payment gateway, require CVV verification, and manually review suspicious transactions. It is also important to keep your software and security systems up to date.

5. Is it legal to store my guest's credit card information?

It is legal to store your guest's credit card information, but it is important to follow security and privacy regulations. This includes using secure storage methods and obtaining consent from your guests to store their information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U