1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How do you know?

1. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

At what point do you find out if a guest has given you a "bad" credit card number?

If I enter their information into P3, and submit the order with my Pampered Chef credit card info, HO sees that I paid for the entire order with a good caredit card, and they will pick and deliver the items, as they should. But where in the process would I be informed that a credit card from a guest is a bad card?

Obviously, I can tell if someone has passed a bad check when my bank notifies me [and BEFORE I submit the show], but I'm confused on the credit card issue.

Sorry for a dumb question, but I just had two shows this weekend where guests gave me their credit card info, and because I do not know these people, I'm a little concerned.

Oct 13, 2009
  2. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

You will get an email (most of the time) from HO asking you to go to CC and check on a "resolve credit card" issue (under managing my business>my shows>resolving declined credit cards). Then it will be up to you to contact the customer and let them know. A simple "I'm sorry but there's an issue with your credit card and it's holding up the shipment of the show" usually does it--short, professional, and not judgemental. Then follow the directions to resolve the issue. BTW, sometimes the emails sent from HO get lost in cyberspace, so it's a good idea to check CC under that link a day or so after you submit it just in case their email didn't make it to your email box.

Oct 13, 2009
  3. milkangel

milkangel Advanced Member

the company will let you know by e-mail that if they had a bad card it will say that the show is on hold. it is not that bad i have had a few of them that way. but they always get it resloved to still have a show.

Oct 13, 2009
  4. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

Thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated!

Oct 13, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

If your shows have been released for picking - then the credit cards are fine.

Oct 13, 2009
  6. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Also if it is a bogus credit card number Pampered Partner will not take it. In other words under the payment section, when you enter the card number all 16 digits will remain in view instead of just the last 4.

Had that happen before. Host wrote down the number wrong. :-} Had it fixed before show was even sent in.

Oct 13, 2009
  7. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I absolutely LOVE it when they pay by credit card. It saves me a trip to the bank AND I don't have to worry about their check bouncing! Yes, PC will let you know (I've never NOT received an e-mail and don't make it a habit to check that web page on a regular basis). I usually try it one more time just to make sure that I didn't make a typo, then call the guest & let them know. Now I blame it on the new receipts! The guest now gets the top copy which means that I'm trying to read off the yellow copy. It's sometimes hard to read, so I just tell them that the carbon is hard to read & I must be typing in the number wrong, then have them verify it! LOL That way, the blame lies with the carbon copy and not THEM. ;)

Oct 13, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted