• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Do You Keep Track of Team Communication?

In summary, Colleen wants to be more connected with her team and is looking for a system that will help her remember to call them. She uses a notebook to keep track of her calls and refers to it when she needs to.
PamperedK
Silver Member
My goal in the new year is to be glued to my phone and talking to my team a LOT more...I'm wondering how you all keep track of who to call and when? My plan is to touch base with each team member monthly, workers weekly or biweekly, builders at least weekly and Directors at least weekly.

I want a lot more people travelling next year and I want to promote 3 new Directors so I want to be sure to talk to those that are going for the trip and Directorship a couple of times per week....but I am lacking a system that reminds me of when I talked to everyone. It's easy for a week to fly by without talking to anyone, then another week and another week and soon it's a month and I haven't talked to people who are trying to earn a trip, and now they're a month behind.

Any suggestions?

I keep a notebook with a tab for each person. Then take notes there when you talk. Set the times/days you want to talk on your calendar. You could flag the people who are next to call or use different color/kinds of flags for the day of the week that you want to remember to call. The trick is to find as system that works for you.

I break my week down according to the power hour... Here's my breakdown:
M - Host Coaching
T- Recruit Leads
W - Customer Care
R - Booking Leads

Then I add in my D duties:
M - Director calls (for when I have them)
T - Team Leaders
W - Senior Consultants
R - Consultants in their 1st 90 days
F - Consultants who want coaching

I keep a log of all of my calls in a Word document (it's actually Word Notebook... looks like a spiral notebook) and I just date it and then list the calls. I keep all of my consultant and customer calls together. (I'll post a pic so you can see it). I color code the consultants so it's an easy visual. Then if I need to refer back, I can just hit CTRL-F for Find and search by name. That's what works for me since I try to keep my office almost paperless.

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 369
Colleen, I've used "LMVM" for years! Funny that you use the same abbreviation. LOL

Hi there! I completely understand your goal of wanting to stay in constant communication with your team. It can definitely be challenging to keep track of who to call and when, especially with a busy schedule. One method that has worked well for me is creating a monthly communication schedule. This can be a simple spreadsheet or calendar where you list out the names of your team members and the frequency at which you want to touch base with them. For example, you can have a column for monthly, weekly, biweekly, and so on. This way, you have a visual reminder of when you need to reach out to each team member.

Another helpful tool is setting reminders on your phone or computer. You can set up recurring reminders for each team member based on your communication schedule. This way, you won't forget to reach out to anyone. Additionally, you can also use a project management tool, such as Trello, to keep track of your team's progress and communication. This allows you to easily see who you've talked to and when, and also keep track of any important information or tasks that need to be completed.

Lastly, I highly recommend delegating some of these communication tasks to your team leaders. This not only helps lighten your workload, but it also allows your team members to have more direct communication with their leaders. This can also be a great opportunity for your leaders to step up and take on more responsibility within the team.

I hope these suggestions help you create a more organized and effective system for team communication. Best of luck in the new year!

1. How do you keep track of team communication?

One way to keep track of team communication is by using a project management tool or software. This allows for all communication to be organized and easily accessible for everyone on the team. Another option is to use a shared document or spreadsheet to keep a record of important discussions and decisions made during team meetings or conversations.

2. Is there a specific tool or software that is best for tracking team communication?

There are various project management tools and software available, and the best one for tracking team communication will depend on the specific needs and preferences of your team. Some popular options include Asana, Trello, and Slack. It is important to research and try out different tools to find the one that works best for your team.

3. How do you ensure that team communication is effective and efficient?

One way to ensure effective and efficient team communication is by establishing clear communication guidelines and expectations. This can include setting specific channels or platforms for different types of communication, such as using email for important announcements and using a project management tool for task-related discussions. It is also important to encourage open and transparent communication and to regularly check in with team members to address any issues or concerns.

4. How do you handle miscommunications or misunderstandings within the team?

Miscommunications and misunderstandings can happen in any team. The key is to address them promptly and openly. If a misunderstanding occurs, it is important to clarify and communicate the correct information to avoid any further confusion. If there is a disagreement or conflict, it is best to approach it calmly and have a discussion to find a resolution.

5. How do you keep team communication organized and easily accessible?

One way to keep team communication organized and accessible is by using a project management tool or software that allows for categorization and tagging of conversations and discussions. This makes it easier to search for specific topics or information. It is also helpful to establish a naming convention and file structure for shared documents and folders to ensure everything is easy to find.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCCHeather0506
  • jcsmilez