• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you give something for free?

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
In order to get a booking? Such as if I say the rice cooker is my gift to you if you book on such and such a date? how would I do that? would I give them the gift when they place their order after the show? give it to them at their show? but then how do I order it? I had you not only give them the gift, but you are getting it at a discounted price and you get commisison on it.. but I dont recall how I do this.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
You would give them the gift at the close of your show. If you already have it on hand you can present it then or you can order it with her show discount and pay for it as a "consultant gift" (dropdown payment option).

I prefer to order it with their discount because then it's right on the show for my tax records and she gets her receipt. Between the show discount and my commission it costs little to nothing especially if you consider you might not have gotten the booking (an the sales at that show and any bookings from that show) without it.

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
thanks Beth

So do you do this often? as a newbie is this something that I should consider? what have you done to get bookings?

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
No I don't do it often. Only if I'm in a booking slump or if there's a promotion that I'm really close to and just need some extra insurance or assurance that I'll get it. Mostly I just ask.

Be careful with this kind of thing. You don't want to spend your paycheck! It helps when you need it but I would only use this kind of incentive occasionally when you really need to.

Pampered Chef is already very generous with their hosts! Promote that!