• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Decide What to "Push"?

In summary, Sarah recommends talking about the higher priced items first, then going into more detail on the lower priced items. She also recommends not talking about items that are under $10.
rsmpta
I have done about half a dozen shows (i'm not really gungho can you tell?) and get so caught up in discussing EVERYTHING. Demoing EVERYTHING that I bring. Which is obviously more than just what I need for a show.....guess that might be part of the problem....but my thinking is that i'd rather them touch and feel (and more likely buy) if they want to see something. KWIM? But then i hate it for a show to run long and people to get 'bored' while i'm doing the recipe.

Ideas? Do you JUST push products related to your recipe? Only your favorite items regardless of the tools you use for the recipe....

Thanks for your help/suggestions! :D

I usually push the products for my recipe(s) that I'm doing. And maybe pick a couple other items to talk about too or a couple of my favorite items. And then I usually end up with questions about other items in the catalog so I end up talking about those. Other than that to keep my load light going to the shows I pretty much just take what I need and the a couple extras...I always take a piece of my executive cookware...You never know! ;)

I push my recipe products, cookware, simple additions, stoneware and whatever the host special is for the current month and the next month!

I'm with Donna. Talk about the higher priced things. People will find the less expensive items on their own, but we really do need to sell them on Cookware, Stoneware, Simple Additions, and Woven Selections. Depending on my recipe, I'll talk up one or two of the collections. I always always talk about the current guest and host special and the host special for any upcoming months that I need bookings for.

I generally do not talk about items that are under $10 and $10-$20 items get a bit of time but not the spot light. Basically I try to talk as long on a product in proportion to its price demands my time. Its summer now so I do a little talk on exec cookware with the 8" sautee pan and ice demo and then the chillzanne bowl with ice to talk that line right after. Then I jump into the recipe and either through the recipe or talking with the guests on their faves stoneware will be talked on. I do quickly go over the guest special and the host special of whatever month I'm trying to book.

I've been really trying to pack less and shorten the show time because even so it 'feels' like if we talk on everything then people will buy more- I don't think its really true. I like to talk on our lines (cookware, stoneware, chillzanne) and then just talk favorites (mine and there's- for me its the knives and USG) and the recipe. There are some products in recipes that the only thing I will say is 'now I'm using our convenient corer to quickly core our strawberries...' and move on. I value my time and theirs and want to spend more time visiting, educating and relating than selling, the selling will come- so far this has served me well.

Sarah

I wrote a script for my show. Talk about what you want to sell FIRST. I talk about the cookware first, then the stoneware. I then do my recipe and talk about products as I prep. I then end by talking about SA as I serve. This covers your 3 main lines and many of your cutting/prep tools.

This format has resulted in consistent $800 shows.

I am just the opposite! I used to talk about the higher priced collections (cookware, stoneware, SA) only, but I never sold any. Now I showcase more nid-priced tools, because those really add up. I love to show the USG, I show a lot of chillzane, and other really useful tools. I still hit on cookware and stoneware, but you really have to come wanting those larger items. Maybe I am just a bad consultant, but I never had any luck with the more expensive products! And since I have joined chefsuccess my show average had been around $700.

I talk about what the guests are interested in. I have my own agenda but I find that each crowd wants different things. If there are a few stone lovers in the crowd, then I talk about stones more. A group last week had silicone haters so it became a joke about "this doesn't have that stuff you can put in your body." It wasn't my preference cause I love the scrapers but these ladies hated silicone! I also mention smaller items as I go and add "and it's only 4 bucks" so people know they can afford multiple items (and because I'm cheap).

1. How do you determine which products to push for a promotion or sale?

At Pampered Chef, we have a dedicated team that researches and analyzes customer data, market trends, and sales history to identify the most popular and in-demand products. We also take into consideration feedback from our consultants and customers to ensure we are promoting products that meet their needs and preferences.

2. Do you have a specific criteria for selecting products to push?

Yes, we have a set of criteria that we use to evaluate and select products for promotions. This includes factors such as customer demand, profit margins, inventory levels, and seasonality. We also consider the overall impact and potential success of the product in the market.

3. How often do you change the products that are being pushed for promotions?

We regularly review and update our promotions to keep them fresh and relevant for our customers. This could range from monthly to quarterly promotions, depending on the product and market dynamics. We also have special promotions for holidays and special events throughout the year.

4. Can consultants make suggestions for products to be pushed?

Absolutely! We value the input and feedback from our consultants and encourage them to share their ideas and recommendations with us. Our consultants are on the front lines with customers and have valuable insights into their needs and preferences, which we take into consideration when selecting products to push.

5. How do you ensure that the products being pushed are of high quality?

At Pampered Chef, we have strict quality control measures in place to ensure that all products meet our high standards. Our team works closely with our suppliers to maintain quality and safety standards. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee to our customers, so if they are not satisfied with the quality of a product, we will make it right.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • pckellyd
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies