• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Motivate My Team to Achieve the Excellence Award in Recruiting?

In summary, the conversation is about earning the Excellence Award in recruiting and congratulating the person who achieved it. The recipient shares their excitement and tips for earning the award, including playing the ticket game at every show and asking everyone at full service check out. They also mention the importance of helping new recruits with their grand openings and constantly asking for business. Other participants in the conversation also congratulate and ask for tips. The recipient shares their personal success in recruiting and growing their team, as well as a recent experience where they recruited multiple people at one show. They also mention how they stick to their methods and don't change things up for repeat crowds because there are always new people and potential recruits in the audience.
The Excellence Award for recruiting!:party: I am so excited. This is the first time I have earned it.

Congratluations!! Way to go, girl!!

Congratulations Jenni! That's wonderful! :D You've definitely deserved/earned it!

That's AWESOME!!!!
I have never earned it in Recruiting - that is definitely one of my bigger goals though!
Any tips?

WOWAA!! Congratulations!!:party:

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

Tips, yes:

Play the ticket game at every show
Ask everyone at full service check out
offer to help your new recruits with their grand openings, and make sure you talk about that as part of your ticket game.
ASK ASK ASK!!

Congrats!!! You are an inspiration!

Congratulations! I think earning the award in recruiting is such a great achievement since it means you are growing your team. I would love to earn it one day!:party:

WAHOO!!!!!!!!! THAT is SO FANTASTIC! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

pcjenni said:
Tips, yes:

Play the ticket game at every show
Ask everyone at full service check out
offer to help your new recruits with their grand openings, and make sure you talk about that as part of your ticket game.
ASK ASK ASK!!

Jenni,

I have to admit that I have gotten out of some of the tried and true methods that you mention here. Just wondering...when you get a repeat crowd what do you do to "change it up" a bit?

Also, I still need to work on crowd control when it comes to check out.

Thanks again for the great reminder that these things DO work!

Congrats! That's awesome!! Can't wait to cheer for ya in Chicago! WHOO WHOO!!

Ann,
here is the key, I don't change it up if the crowd is the same and here is why.

1)There is bound to be some new people in the crowd each time who have not heard all the info
2) I can almost guarantee that there is someone in the crowd who has been thinking about it since the last show

I have already signed 8 this year and qualified 4. So, when I am doing the grand opening for my new consultants I am often in front of some of the same people who were at the show where I recruited the new consultant. I have 4 new SC lines this year because I turned around and recruited someone who was at the inital show and had been thinking about the biz!!! In fact, I recruited 3 for 1 person at 1 show. I am working the new plan to a T and it is working!!

I did a show last night where the hostess asked me to spend more time on the products because she wanted to know more about the products. I did spend a bit more time on various products, but I still played the game. I explained to her why I do my shows the way I do and how I am helping other people in this terrible economy. Let me tell you, she was THANKFUL when one of her friends signed her agreement AT THE SHOW!!! The hostess came up to me to tell me how this woman's family has been struggling and how she almost signed up to sell life insurance, but she knows that PC is going to be so much better for her.

I work my business persistantly and consistantly and it pays off. My team has gone from 6 people this time in 2009 to over 100 now.

pcjenni said:
Ann,
here is the key, I don't change it up if the crowd is the same and here is why.

1)There is bound to be some new people in the crowd each time who have not heard all the info
2) I can almost guarantee that there is someone in the crowd who has been thinking about it since the last show

I have already signed 8 this year and qualified 4. So, when I am doing the grand opening for my new consultants I am often in front of some of the same people who were at the show where I recruited the new consultant. I have 4 new SC lines this year because I turned around and recruited someone who was at the inital show and had been thinking about the biz!!! In fact, I recruited 3 for 1 person at 1 show. I am working the new plan to a T and it is working!!

I did a show last night where the hostess asked me to spend more time on the products because she wanted to know more about the products. I did spend a bit more time on various products, but I still played the game. I explained to her why I do my shows the way I do and how I am helping other people in this terrible economy. Let me tell you, she was THANKFUL when one of her friends signed her agreement AT THE SHOW!!! The hostess came up to me to tell me how this woman's family has been struggling and how she almost signed up to sell life insurance, but she knows that PC is going to be so much better for her.

I work my business persistantly and consistantly and it pays off. My team has gone from 6 people this time in 2009 to over 100 now.

Wow, that's great!! I can see why it works!!!

Jenni-
When you do the ticket game, how do you handle it when people don't ask questions or if people keep asking product questions even though I JUST gave them time to ask last minute product questions before I start the timer? I've started doing the ticket game more and I hope to continue it. Thanks for your pointers!!

"I work my business persistantly and consistantly and it pays off. My team has gone from 6 people this time in 2009 to over 100 now."
WOW! I do the ticket game at every show and I ask everyone during a full service checkout. My numbers are embarassing compared to yours!!

pamperedbecky said:
Jenni-
When you do the ticket game, how do you handle it when people don't ask questions or if people keep asking product questions even though I JUST gave them time to ask last minute product questions before I start the timer? I've started doing the ticket game more and I hope to continue it. Thanks for your pointers!!

Becky,
I started giving out recipe cards instead of tickets. It really helps get some of the quieter groups going because they want the recipe. Also I set a timer and I have learned it's ok if there is a quiet minute, they have to come up with a question. One other tip, I set the timer and then I say who had the first question? (usually someone responds) Then after I answer it, I say that was a great question, who has the next question. It helps keep them going.

If no one asks the first question, then I ask "So no one wants to know how much money I make?" They all laugh and I say "really, because in polite society we "don't talk about money" right? Well, with my busines I want everyone to know" I pass around a binder that I have several checks in. One is back from when I was a consultant, One is when I just promoted to D and the last is a current check. I talk about each one. "So the average consultant makes about $100 a show. That first check shows that I did 3 shows outside my home and made $327. The second checks shows....." and I go on. If they ask product questions, I answer the question and say "great question, but that was not about my business... any question about my business so I can give you a ticket"

after each question if it is quiet for a second I wait and then say "So questions about my business" and then I wait... if no one asks I say "so who wants to know how much free stuff I get... because I am a Pampered Chef addict and love getting free products"

So if they are a quiet group I ask a lot of questions outloud and answer them :)! Seems to work.

Jenni!
That is freaking AMAZING!! Way to go!!!!

Those are great responses and lead ins to questions. If people just stare at me and are quiet when I start the timer, I do start off by asking my own questions of myself. But I LOVE the way you start off with the money question and what you say. I can't wait 'til my next show on Friday to try this.

why do you set a timer? why limit yourself? I have the game go on as long as they are asking questions. I have had the game go on for 45 minutes!

pcjenni said:
why do you set a timer? why limit yourself? I have the game go on as long as they are asking questions. I have had the game go on for 45 minutes!

A lot of time I set it for longer than I say I am. I've found WHEN people are into this game, it creates a sense of urgency. Doesn't quite happen when I get the dead looks staring back at me!:indifferent0016:

I used to carry one of our empty tea containers with "questions". I would start by setting the timer for 3-4 minutes (the more in the crowd, the longer)handing someone a nicer product like our bamboo spooners. Then they would have to ask a question and then pass the product on to the next person. If someone does not know a question...they could take one of the slips of paper in the container and ask me one of those questions.

It made talking about recruiting less "painful" for everyone!:D

pamperedbecky said:
A lot of time I set it for longer than I say I am. I've found WHEN people are into this game, it creates a sense of urgency. Doesn't quite happen when I get the dead looks staring back at me!:indifferent0016:

That is why I set the timer, if it is a really quiet group we end it when the timer goes off, if they are really into it we keep going, I have had it go on quite some time too.

Related to How Do I Motivate My Team to Achieve the Excellence Award in Recruiting?

1. What is "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..."?

"Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." is a reward program offered by Pampered Chef to their consultants. It recognizes and rewards consultants for their hard work and achievements.

2. How do I earn "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards?

You can earn "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards by reaching certain sales goals set by Pampered Chef, recruiting new team members, and participating in company promotions and challenges.

3. What are the benefits of earning "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards?

The benefits of earning "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards include receiving free products, discounts on future purchases, and recognition for your achievements in the company.

4. When will I receive my "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards?

Your "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards will be deposited into your account within 48 hours after you have met the requirements for earning them. You will receive an email notification once the rewards have been added to your account.

5. Can I redeem my "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards for cash?

No, "Wahooooo!!! I Just Earned..." rewards cannot be redeemed for cash. They can only be used towards future purchases or to receive free products from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Puccalsellate
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies