• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Handle Nsf Returned Check?

In summary, when a check is returned for insufficient funds, your bank will notify you via mail. If you receive an NSF check, you should contact the person who wrote it and request reimbursement for any bank fees. There is typically a fee associated with receiving an NSF check. It is not possible to re-deposit a returned NSF check, so it is best to request a different form of payment. To prevent receiving NSF checks in the future, it is important to verify funds before accepting a check and consider using electronic payment methods.
pamperedchef.carol
I just got a returned check from a wedding shower that I submitted last week. How do I handle it? Do I ask the customer to mail me cash or a money order? Do I ask the host to hold her order or deliver it to me until I get the money?

Your help is appreciated!

I would ask the hostess to hold her order - perhaps hand her order off to you. In addition, I would ask the customer for cash or money order for the order amount plus any charges you incurred.

Call the guest and tell her that her check was returned. She'll probably gasp in horror and offer a way to make it up to you.

My bank allows me to submit a check a second time, so I'll do that after talking with the customer. But I ALWAYS pass along the $10 service charge that my bank charges me and make the customer give that to me in cash.

If the check gets returned a second time, it's cash or money order only.

Depending on the timing of it all (the speed of shipment, if I can get a hold of the guest right away), I may or may not ask the host to hold her order. I would rather not get the host involved.

Related to How Do I Handle Nsf Returned Check?

1. How do I know if a check has been returned for insufficient funds (NSF)?

When a check is returned for insufficient funds, you will be notified by your bank. They will send you a notice, typically by mail, stating that the check was unable to be processed due to insufficient funds in the account.

2. What steps should I take if I receive an NSF check?

The first step is to contact the person who wrote the check and inform them that it was returned for insufficient funds. You can also request that they reimburse you for any bank fees incurred. If they are unable to pay, you may need to follow up with legal action.

3. Will I be charged a fee for receiving an NSF check?

Yes, typically there is a fee associated with receiving an NSF check. This fee is charged by your bank and can vary depending on the bank's policies.

4. Can I re-deposit a returned NSF check?

In most cases, you cannot re-deposit a returned NSF check. It is best to contact the person who wrote the check and request a new form of payment.

5. What can I do to prevent receiving NSF checks in the future?

To avoid receiving NSF checks, it is important to verify the funds are available before accepting a check as payment. You can also consider using electronic payment methods, such as credit cards or online payment services, to avoid the risk of receiving an NSF check.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • jimgass