• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Get the Host to Understand?

In summary, the conversation is about someone trying to schedule a show with a host in Miami. Despite multiple attempts to explain the process and send necessary materials, the host is unresponsive and does not specify which month she prefers for the show. The person is considering giving up and contacting the host's friend for assistance. Suggestions are given to simplify the process and just send catalogs and order forms to the host.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
Or do I just give up? I had a catalog/internet host in Miami. One of her friends booked from her and contacted me to tell me she wanted to go ahead and do her show. I sent her the Jan and Feb Host and Guest Specials via email and asked her to tell me which month she preferred. Well, I have now explained this process to her 3 times and she doesn't respond and when I do follow up, she says she's still waiting for me to send her catalogs. Mind you, I've broken it down as much as I can that as soon as she tells me which month she wants her show to be, I will send her everything, but I have to know which month to put her packet together.

Do I just give up? I could schedule a time to call her but I'm in Germany so that is a pain. At what point do I give up? Do I contact the friend she booked from and ask for her assistance? What do you think?

Maybe if you told her the catalogs were changing March 1st so you need to know what month she's doing her show so you can send the 'correct' catalogs? Asking her friend for assistance may not be a bad idea if she's just not understanding the concept.

Sorry to say it but you should have never given her a choice, sounds like it has only confused her. I would go ahead and start from the beginning again. Give her the February flyers and send her some catalogs, sounds like she doesn't care which special just wants to get some catalogs. Just say it's too late to do a January show right now (you would hate for her to wait until after the end of February and not be able to get the January specials) and go from there.

I had a similar experience once, and I basically "chose" for her! She was just excited to start collecting orders and to get whatever freebies she earned! Maybe you can try that??

Yea, hindsite is 20/20. But this all started mid January but since she's in the states, I figured it would be open for awhile so I could offer it. So much for that, I guess. I know I explained it to the best of my ability and it's not that complicated so I guess she must not have been concerned. Thanks for the feedback!

Send her catalogs & generic order forms. Once she collects orders you can tell her what "bonus" she received. Apparently it doesn't matter to her.

How Do I Get the Host to Understand?

The key to getting the host to understand is effective communication and providing clear explanations. Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions about this topic:

1. How can I explain the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party to the host?

Start by highlighting the rewards and benefits the host can receive, such as free products, discounts, and exclusive host specials. You can also mention the fun and social aspect of hosting a party and how it can be a great way to try out new recipes and products.

2. What if the host is hesitant to invite guests or doesn't want to pressure them to buy?

Assure the host that there is no pressure for guests to make a purchase. Emphasize that the party is about having a good time and trying out Pampered Chef products, and guests are free to make a purchase if they wish.

3. How should I explain the ordering process to the host?

Be sure to explain how guests can place their orders and any available payment options. Let the host know that you will be there to assist with any questions or concerns during the ordering process.

4. What if the host is worried about the cost of hosting a party?

Reassure the host that there is no cost to host a party, and all they need to do is provide a space for the event. You can also mention the potential rewards and discounts they can receive as a host.

5. How can I make sure the host understands the party timeline and what is expected of them?

Provide the host with a clear outline of the party timeline, including when to invite guests, when to serve food and drinks, and when to start and end the party. You can also provide them with a checklist of tasks and any necessary materials they may need, such as invitations or order forms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • SDTeaGirl