• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I increase my bookings for cooking shows?

In summary, Jackie is struggling to get bookings for her cooking shows. She is following up on leads and making her phone calls, emails, letters, but is having trouble getting bookings. She is considering printing up some "Free Cooking Show Coupons" and leaving them at her pediatrician's office. She is also promoting the cookware special like crazy, but is worried about whether she is getting bookings. She is also considering a "booking tree" at her shows.
ivy5683
I'm sinking in cooking shows, all I have for August is 3 PYB shows. I am having so much trouble getting bookings. I'm following up on leads and making my phone calls, emails, letters, carrying my PC stuff... any ideas?
I thought of printing up some 'Free Cooking Show Coupons' and leaving them at my pediatrician's office... thoughts?

I need some ideas... I'm sinking fast.

Have you gone through your list of 100 recently? Anyone you talked to over a few months ago who responded, "Not now," is a possibility. Things may have changed--especially with school starting up.ETA: You might also think about offering a short open house type show. I find that busy people like the idea of not having to stay for a "whole show." I do these by bringing something already prepared, setting up products for people to see and try (a couple of work stations with something like a Food Chopper and some nuts works well), and then having a place for people to place their orders. I'm in the room to answer questions, but I don't do a demo or presentation of any kind. These have proven to be very successful for me, and they're really appealing to crowds that are 1) busy and 2) familiar with PC.

Promote the cookware special like crazy! Don't worry about whether you are getting bookings...worry about whether people are missing out on this incredible opportunity.

(I know that's easier said than done, but the change in focus can make a difference.)

Excellent point!Also, be sure to look at your wording. I've heard so many consultants talk about "having a party for me." You aren't asking for a favor. You're offering them an opportunity. "I'd love for you to have a chance to earn . . . " is much more appealing.

Very true!! The wording is so important. If they think it is all about you, you will score no bookings real fast. If they think wow, I can get all of that?! They will be marching to your doorstep...well maybe not, but it would be nice!!

Hi, I just moved from Eustis and know how hard it was to keep my business there. Just some thoughts, go to smaller stores or gyms and ask the owner if you can set out a table outside and they will get either the host benefit for the month and or $15.00 per each booking. You could also try asking doc offices if you can do a 15 minute lunch presentation and they can invite friends to come over and they would have lunch on you for letting you share your business with them.

I feel for you cause I have been there and I know its tough! Hang in there! :)

Jackie

Also, have you tried a "booking tree" at your shows. You can either have Gift Cert. that they can use at their shows or envelopes with a picture of two items in which they can pick if they host a show. (they would get the item at their show.) I put the names of categories on the outside so if they know that they would like the paring knifes, that they might be in the "kitchenware" category. I try to find things under 10.00. Hope this might help too. I find that if I can give people an insinuative for hosting other than just what they get for hosting, people like to host and get a small thing free!

I'm in the same boat - and about to lose my business. I've struggled with it ever since we relocated to Georgia. But, one thing I'm going to try to do is another open house. I scheduled one for June - and it didn't work out at all. So, I'm going to try again - and this time I'm going to advertise a fall preview/open house. I've met another direct sales gal that sells different products than I and she's new here too, but has a lot more contacts than I. She's going to help me with it and so I'm hoping for a better turn out! Also, there is a bazaar that I'm getting involved with in September that I hope will get my name out there and get me some bookings. I'm only putting up $25 for it, so I'm not out a whole lot if it doesn't go through. I plan to advertise the fall products, raffle for a free item, take orders, and most importantly BOOK SHOWS! I've only been able to do catalog and online parties - which are not a great way to get new business! I've shared my experience in hopes that you might be able to take these ideas and apply them to your life somehow!

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the information Heather.

I'm having the same problem you are, because I work in a small office, and don't know a lot of people.

I did do a fundraiser for my son's daycare, and it flopped (only $163 in sales)

I'm starting to get frustrated, but I know if I work on it, things will change, I just need to get out of my comfort zone!

hmolah said:
I'm in the same boat - and about to lose my business. I've struggled with it ever since we relocated to Georgia...

Sorry to hijack, but I just have to say this reminded me of the song "Why, Georgia, why" by John Mayer.

Ok, back OT!:D

Thanks for all the info! I'm actually glad I didn't have anything booked, we just spent a week with our 1 year old in the hospital with a terrible stomach virus that he has now given to all of us. Had I had anything scheduled it would surely have been cancelled.
I have one show booked for October as it is and I had someone ask me for a catalog as we were bringing our little boy home last night, she pulled in behind me after seeing my magnets. :) Don't know if she'll host or just order but it's better than nothing. We are taking a vacation next week so I'll just throw myself back into things after that.

1. What should I do if I have no cooking shows booked?

If you have no cooking shows booked, don't worry! There are still plenty of ways to earn income and grow your business. You can focus on online sales, host virtual cooking parties, or reach out to past customers for reorders or referrals. You can also use this time to attend training and networking events to sharpen your skills and make new connections.

2. How can I prevent having no cooking shows booked?

To prevent having no cooking shows booked, it's important to consistently reach out to potential hosts and follow-up with past hosts. Utilize social media and email marketing to promote your business and specials. It's also important to have a strong host coaching process to ensure successful and well-attended shows. And don't be afraid to ask for referrals from satisfied customers!

3. Will having no cooking shows booked affect my business?

Having no cooking shows booked can certainly affect your business, as it may result in a decrease in income and potential for growth. However, it's important to remember that there are other ways to generate income and keep your business moving forward. Keep a positive attitude and focus on utilizing other strategies to maintain momentum.

4. How can I motivate myself and my team when there are no cooking shows booked?

It can be disheartening to have no cooking shows booked, but it's important to stay motivated and keep your team motivated as well. Set goals for online sales or virtual parties, and offer incentives to encourage your team to reach them. You can also use this time to attend training and team building events to keep everyone engaged and motivated.

5. What can I do to increase my chances of booking cooking shows?

To increase your chances of booking cooking shows, make sure you have a strong host coaching process in place, regularly reach out to potential hosts, and offer incentives for hosting a party. You can also offer special promotions or discounts to attract more hosts. Additionally, make sure you have a strong online presence and utilize social media to promote your business and attract potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Boomerjojo
  • JessChambers
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JessChambers
Replies
Views
Admin Greg