• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I host a successful party with limited inventory?

C
cookingabcs
I have a customer in OH who really wants to host a show. She's an older lady who loves PC and doesn't want to become a consultant but she wants to host a show. She's continued to talk to friends one and one and doing the catalog show thing but this is what she emailed me:

How could I have a party here when I have only the few pieces of inventory of my own to show? Any ideas? I wouldn't mind having a party. I love the product, but don't know how to do it justice with only a picture!

I don't know exactly what tools she does have because she didn't get them all from me. I know she's continuing to have a catalog show (she has an ongoing show that we process every month) but if she's not happy using just the pictures to try and sell the products. All I can think of is either me going to OH or her getting her friends together and talking about the few tools that she does have and how great they are and having a catalog show.:confused:

Any ideas as to what to tell her?

How long?She has an ongoing catalog show EVERY month? How long has she been doing this? Sounds to me like she's already an "informal" consultant, just not getting a commission check. Let her know that. She might decide to "finalize" her consultant status and sign up. Then she'd have a whole kit full of products to do her show. :D

she's been doing the catalog show all summer and really has no interest in sigining on w/ PC. The catalog orders havne't been hhuge but it's enought to qualify as a show. She's an older lady (mid-upper 70's) that had a lot of connections and actually lots of money as it is. She just really loves PC and talking to people about it.

jentapp said:
Sounds to me like she's already an "informal" consultant, just not getting a commission check. Let her know that. She might decide to "finalize" her consultant status and sign up. Then she'd have a whole kit full of products to do her show. :D

Do you have a copy of the Empowering Women magazine? Page 114-115 highlights Martha Bouchillon. I did the math and Martha is 74. I see her (and her husband, Larry) each year at Conference. They are great!

I know your friend says she doesn't want to be a Consultant but perhaps she doesn't know she's already doing enough to stay active and that as a Consultant she can always purchase her products at a discount. . .and make money.

The social interaction of this business is very important to many Consultants. Perhaps this would be true for your friend.

If not, how far do you live from her? Perhaps you could make the trip once or twice a year -- take the newest products and update her and her friends on all that's new with PC.

I would first find out what products she does have on hand. Then from those products pick out a recipe for her that uses a lost of them. She could always do two small recipes to showcase different products. You could send her the directions that tell her when to use what products on what. Then maybe set her up a show outline or send her a copy of yours if you have one to help her out. If possible, you could always attend the show by calling in and being put on speaker phone in case anyone had any questions she could not answer.

Related to How can I host a successful party with limited inventory?

1. "How can I successfully host a party with limited inventory?"

Hosting a successful party with limited inventory can be challenging, but it is not impossible. One option is to focus on showcasing the products that you do have and highlighting their features and benefits. You can also consider supplementing your limited inventory with pictures or videos of other products to give your guests a better idea of the full product line. Additionally, you can offer special discounts or promotions on the limited inventory to make it more enticing for your guests.

2. "What are some ways to make my party successful without becoming a consultant?"

There are several ways to make your party successful without becoming a consultant. One option is to partner with a consultant and have them assist you with hosting the party. Another option is to focus on the products that you personally love and use, and share your genuine enthusiasm for them with your guests. You can also offer incentives or special deals to encourage your guests to make purchases.

3. "How can I showcase my limited inventory at the party?"

There are a few ways to showcase your limited inventory at the party. You can set up a display area with the products you have on hand and allow guests to touch and feel them. You can also incorporate the products into a demonstration or interactive activity during the party. Additionally, you can use pictures or videos to showcase other products that you do not have physically available.

4. "What can I do if I am not satisfied with just using pictures to sell products?"

If you are not satisfied with using pictures to sell products, you can consider supplementing them with other visuals such as videos or live demos. You can also reach out to friends or family who may have more inventory and see if they are willing to lend or sell you some products to showcase at your party. Another option is to attend a local trade show or event where you can see and touch the products in person.

5. "Should I have a physical party or a catalog show?"

The decision to have a physical party or a catalog show ultimately depends on your personal preference and the resources available to you. Physical parties allow for more interaction and engagement with guests, but they also require more planning and preparation. Catalog shows, on the other hand, can be more convenient and less time consuming, but may not have the same level of impact as a physical party. Consider your goals and resources and choose the option that best aligns with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Suzyengl