• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Effectively Utilize Conference Information for Upcoming Events?

In summary, Janice was busy with work and her mother-in-law, but is looking forward to hearing from Becky soon. Becky is also busy with work but is looking forward to hearing from Janice soon.
mrssyvo
Ok- here is a question for all of us who came back from conference. Today, I am working all day, between getting my house in shape, preparing for shows this weekend AND a HUGE bridal expo on Sunday, what can I do to utilize all of the wonderful information bulging from my notebook??

What are you going to do in the next few days. Organize notes, get on the phone? what does your to-do list look like?

It's always a good idea to go back over your notes. Either use a highlighter to mark those ideas you found most important, or type (rewrite your notes). With your busy schedule that the highlighter would be your best bet at this time.

I'm guessing this is your first conference (from your time as a consultant) so be very careful not to get overwhelmed with all the new information. Pick only one or two things you want to start implementing and give them a fair try (not just during one show, one day or one call).

By all means, get on the phone. Try to make a certain number of calls (5 or 10?) to leads (for sales, bookings or recruits). You're excited and they'll be able to tell. . .and excitement is contagious.

mrssyvo said:
Ok- here is a question for all of us who came back from conference. Today, I am working all day, between getting my house in shape, preparing for shows this weekend AND a HUGE bridal expo on Sunday, what can I do to utilize all of the wonderful information bulging from my notebook??

What are you going to do in the next few days. Organize notes, get on the phone? what does your to-do list look like?

I am making recruiting calls today morning to share the op with as many as I can. I have already done some last night! I am so pumped!!

I am not stopping until I get through my whole rolling contact list! We both have around 20-25, don't we?? I can think of 5 more as I am typing!! Recruiting all day....and trying to stay calm so they don't get scared off!

I have a show tomorrow -- supposed to be a good one....I am recruiting there, too....

I have 1 more (you know, maybe that should be 2 for a cushion) and then will walk at leadership....told my hubby yesterday that he needs to take some time off to go with me, since I will be walking as director with you (my new friend!).

GET ON THE PHONE! You know what they said --- nothing replaces personal Contact!

WOOOO! Let's go!

Janice, I have been in the same mode- I went to the grocery store, and the girl checking me out and I had a conversation (I was wearing my new PC shirt) and she said, you know, I almost signed a couple years ago, and I asked her whay stopped her? We exchanged #'s and I am going to meet with her. I also had a LONG conversationtion with my mother-in-law about signing, because it would save her so much money, she woudl earn her products free, instead of giving me the business- That could be 2 right there, and it is only 10 AM- look out !!!!!!

Janice, I have been in the same mode- I went to the grocery store, and the girl checking me out and I had a conversation (I was wearing my new PC shirt) and she said, you know, I almost signed a couple years ago, and I asked her what stopped her? We exchanged #'s and I am going to meet with her. I also had a LONG conversation with my mother-in-law about signing, because it would save her so much money, she would earn her products free, instead of giving me the business- That could be 2 right there, and it is only 10 AM- look out !!!!!!!!

mrssyvo said:
Janice, I have been in the same mode- I went to the grocery store, and the girl checking me out and I had a conversation (I was wearing my new PC shirt) and she said, you know, I almost signed a couple years ago, and I asked her whay stopped her? We exchanged #'s and I am going to meet with her. I also had a LONG conversationtion with my mother-in-law about signing, because it would save her so much money, she woudl earn her products free, instead of giving me the business- That could be 2 right there, and it is only 10 AM- look out !!!!!!
AWESOME!! THat's so cool!! I have a recruiting interview tomorrow (I'm almost positive she'll sign...she already has 3 people lined up to do shows!) and another one next Friday. Yipee!!!!:D

Becky,

I am so sorry I did not meet you at conference. I was really looking forward to touching base with you in person. We will definelt have to make plans to meet at Leadership, Before or After I WALK THE STAGE!!!!!! (With Janice, of course !!!)

mrssyvo said:
Becky,

I am so sorry I did not meet you at conference. I was really looking forward to touching base with you in person. We will definelt have to make plans to meet at Leadership, Before or After I WALK THE STAGE!!!!!! (With Janice, of course !!!)
Yes, let's all do this together!

PM me with your results of the interview! I know it's gonna be GREAT!!! Go girl!

Susan, it was so great to meet you and share the bus ride to HO! It was so wonderful to meet other "Cheffers"-CindyCooks and CrystalsCookingNow as well as PamperedVal and mrssyvo!I can tell that A LOT of Cheffers will walk as Directors at Leadership! I was so pumped last night that I even tried recruiting my mom!! LOL!!

Erin,
I enjoyed the time with you also, and THANK YOU for the great ideas. I ordered my window clings from Merrill, and as soon as I get them, I will put them on my car, with my phone number. The one I have now, that you can not see due to the tinted windows, is going on Hubby's car, with phone #. As I said before, if he is going to the Bahammas with me, he will earn his trip (LOL). It will be so much fun walking with you girls, and I know I have made some great friendships here, and it was good seeing the advanced directors and how close and supporting they are to each other, and I know we will continue to be that way when we get where they are !!!!!! I also am trying to recruit my m-i-law. If she does it, she will be a hobbyist, so she says, but I know she will be great in the business.

mrssyvo said:

Man, did you get home early or what?! It was nice to put you face to your name:) Yes, it's time to get that highlighter out today....and get on the phone!:)

Lacy, I live about 21 miles west of Chicago, and I slept at home during conference (with my cluster mates from Indiana) So I was home right after HO tour Wednesday afternoon, well after Giordanno's pizza with my hubby. I spent Wednesday evening reconnecting with my hubby (even though I spend nights at home, I was out by 6 AM, in at midnight) and also organizing thoughts. Conference was so exciting, but also sensory overload. TOO much to absorb all at once, so I took lots of notes. Now, to act on them.

I asked my sister about signing--she said No--I asked her to clarify not now or not ever--she said not ever. Bummer. But that's okay cuz she'll still have shows for me. Her show last year was my first $1000 show. :)

Then I called another lead to find out she is in the hospital. We were supposed to meet up next week.

I am revamping my leads list. Should be interesting! And much longer!

I forgot, I wanted to let you know something I did for my shows this weekend, and I hope it works. My goal this Fall is to promote to director, so to help in recruiting, and make it fun, I made a recruiting bag. Instead of standing up there, giving my blah,blah,blah speech, I wanted to add some fun to it. I saw this in one of the workshops, then I expanded on it. here you go, feel free to use it, and I hope it works for you, I tried it out on my hubby and father-in-law, and they laughed at the end, so I hope it gets the same reaction at my shows. I took a very nice gift bag and filled it with the following items- next to the item is what I plan to say, along these lines. I will probalby improvise, according to the crowd. It took 1 trip to Walmart, and about 30 minutes of my time to put together.

I used the gift bag, because working for Pampered Chef has brought so many gifts into my life, which of these gifts could you use???

I got a baby bib that says, IRS deduction on it - Would you like to stay home with your baby, and still contribute to the household income? (lso mention great expense write-offs)

Picture of my nephew when he was about 2, crying his head off- Do you need some time OUT of the house?

Toy red sports car- Maybe make a car payment of the car of your dreams?

A picture of my honey and me in front our weekend house in Indiana - My Pampered Chef business enables us to have this 2nd home, and I have valuable flexible time to share with my loved ones

A picture of me in my wedding dress - Maybe you have a wedding to pay for (Also plug wedding registry here)

A best friends picture frame, with my friends in it - I have met so many wonderful friends through Pampered Chef.

The surpise gift we received at conference for being on track for the incentive trip (Wave #1 people know what that is)- explain how I am going to the Bahamas- with their help.

A picture of the super starter kit-laminated on a card that says FREE PRODUCT !!!- explain how much I have received free since joining

A grocery receipt- Explain how you can also right off your grocery bill- trying out Pampered Chef receipes for your family

A fairy princess wand, with a star on top and ribbons - So many wonderful incentives (jewelry, trips, ect) and the wonderful support of the company truly makes me feel like a princess,

And here is the clincher... I do this last...

I bought a HUGE pair of sunglasses in the toy department of Wal-mart, and I turn my back to the guests, without letting them see the glasses, put them on, then turn around and say......

My Future with the Pampered Chef is so bring, I HAVE TO WEAR SHADES !!! I then explain how my goal is to promote to director in January.,a nd this bringht future could be theirs also, along with these other wonderful gifts, if they want. I woudl love to talk with them tonight to let them know how easy it is.

DebbieJ said:
I asked my sister about signing--she said No--I asked her to clarify not now or not ever--she said not ever. Bummer. But that's okay cuz she'll still have shows for me. Her show last year was my first $1000 show. :)

Then I called another lead to find out she is in the hospital. We were supposed to meet up next week.

I am revamping my leads list. Should be interesting! And much longer!

Something for you to think about....in 1999 my consultant (now my Adv Dir) asked me...and I said no. And she said "Not now or not ever?" and I said "not ever." 4 and a half years later I got divorced and needed a job. The rest is history...

I am SO beyond PUMPED to recruit! I cannot think of ANY reasons that now is not the perfect time to become a Pampered Chef consultant!!!
I, too, am revamping my recruit leads and calling....yes, CALLING every single one....hot, warm and cold leads to make interview appointments!

Regarding the Recruiting Gift Bag- See Recruiting thread... I forgot some items, and I listed them there. YEAH, My 300th post

Erin and Janice- I just got back from a recruiting interview, I gave her the magazine, filled her in on the recruiting incentives, and told her to pop on thiis site to ask some questions. She used to sell Tupperware, and loved the business aspect, but did not like the company. She flet un-informed and out of the loop, I assured her it was not the case with Pampered Chef. !!! I am sure she will be signing, and I am so excited for her !!!!

You go girl! I have a VERY interested host and her sister....we'll see. I wish I was better at recruiting, but hey, I'm still a newbie...hopefully it will get easier!:eek:

Hey gals~
Last night my best friend let me know that one of her girlfriends is talking about maybe becoming a PC lady! You know I am JUMPING on that!!
I also went through all my door prize slips looking for all the ones where people marked that they would love to help their host/friend start a business and I will be calling all of them to ask if they would like to start their own business!
Janice~ I SO wish I had also had the chance to meet you! Leadership for sure!

Hi All,
I had my first show last night since conference, and I tried out my "recruiting gift bag" No takes on that, but the hostess is going on my rolling list. She has always wanted to do this, so she says, but not interested right now. That was me for the last 20 years (until last October, that is). The show will close over $500, and I have 2 bookings. The Recruiting gift bag went over pretty well. I have a show this afternoon that I am very excited about. 14 confirmed guests ( I mld invites and did reminder calls for her) It is for a girl from my book club, and I had done a series of shows last Winter for them, so many that they needed a break- this is the first show for that circle since then, AND there will be 3 girls from my recruit rolling list there !!!! I will keep you up to date.

mrssyvo said:
Hi All,
I had my first show last night since conference, and I tried out my "recruiting gift bag" No takes on that, but the hostess is going on my rolling list. She has always wanted to do this, so she says, but not interested right now. That was me for the last 20 years (until last October, that is). The show will close over $500, and I have 2 bookings. The Recruiting gift bag went over pretty well. I have a show this afternoon that I am very excited about. 14 confirmed guests ( I mld invites and did reminder calls for her) It is for a girl from my book club, and I had done a series of shows last Winter for them, so many that they needed a break- this is the first show for that circle since then, AND there will be 3 girls from my recruit rolling list there !!!! I will keep you up to date.
That's great! I hope your show goes well today. I'm bummed because today's show canceled because of a sewer back up problem at her house and it's so bad, they're actually staying in a hotel for a week. Nobody else could host the show for her, so needless to say, that one is postponed. Probably until at least October.:( And I was so excited to try the "why" bag. Of course I have yet to put it together, so that's what I'll be using my extra time for today. I'm supposed to have a show tomorrow, but haven't heard from the host despite all my messages. She was so psyched about it, so i doubt she's blowing me off. My show on Monday canceled too, but I really wasn't bummed about that because the show was near Midway airport and I live NOWHERE near there. She's going to turn it into a catalog show for August. I already hit the $1250 for the free stainless steel bowl for July, so I was happy to squeeze an extra one in in August. I'm just bummed I haven't yet had a chance to use the "why" bag!

On a VERY positive note, my potential recruit who I met with yesterday is going to sign!! My 2nd one for July! She's so excited and already has 5 people lined up to do shows...most in August I think. Yay!:D I just hope my next recruiting interview on Friday goes as well.:)

pamperedbecky said:
That's great! I hope your show goes well today. I'm bummed because today's show canceled because of a sewer back up problem at her house and it's so bad, they're actually staying in a hotel for a week. Nobody else could host the show for her, so needless to say, that one is postponed. Probably until at least October.:( And I was so excited to try the "why" bag. Of course I have yet to put it together, so that's what I'll be using my extra time for today. I'm supposed to have a show tomorrow, but haven't heard from the host despite all my messages. She was so psyched about it, so i doubt she's blowing me off. My show on Monday canceled too, but I really wasn't bummed about that because the show was near Midway airport and I live NOWHERE near there. She's going to turn it into a catalog show for August. I already hit the $1250 for the free stainless steel bowl for July, so I was happy to squeeze an extra one in in August. I'm just bummed I haven't yet had a chance to use the "why" bag!

On a VERY positive note, my potential recruit who I met with yesterday is going to sign!! My 2nd one for July! She's so excited and already has 5 people lined up to do shows...most in August I think. Yay!:D I just hope my next recruiting interview on Friday goes as well.:)

Congrats Becky, you are on a Recruiting Roll!

What exactly are putting in your "why" bag? Just wondering? Might want to try that at my next show? Let me know if you do use your's and how it goes?
Thanks!

erinyourpclady said:
Susan, it was so great to meet you and share the bus ride to HO! It was so wonderful to meet other "Cheffers"-CindyCooks and CrystalsCookingNow as well as PamperedVal and mrssyvo!I can tell that A LOT of Cheffers will walk as Directors at Leadership! I was so pumped last night that I even tried recruiting my mom!! LOL!!

Yeaaaa! It was fun! Everyone was so nice! I was soooo pumped, I got 4 "hot leads" at my various airport stops on the way home, plus 2 of them knew 2 others who might be interested, plus a catalog show and possibly a cooking show! lol. I challenged myself to see how many I could get permission to call. lol. I'm a spazz for sure.

I'm offering $50 to anyone that refers me to someonewho signs and qualifies by the end of August! I want to be a director by October when the new director training comes to my state! Whoo hoo!

:)

Thanks, Heather!!! This is exactly the time of year last year when things started to take off for me. I hope others find that whirlwind too!:) AND my next two hosts (today and Thursday) are interested in the oppty too.

I'm putting my "why" bag together now for today's show. I still want to browse for relevant stuff to put in it, but after my trip to Hobby Lobby, I found a few things.....a big school bus die cut (for scrapbooking) that I'll put in there to show I get to be home when my kids are in school so I can see them on and off the bus. I'm putting a golf ball in there to joke that I support (financially) my husband's golf addiction. I found a cute set of 3 little votive candles that say "Ladies Night Out" on them with cute little "ladies" things like lipstick and high heeled shoes because PC is MY night out to keep me sane! I'm putting my luggage tag from the cruise in there, as well as the cute little squishy boat they sent with the airline tickets and stuff. I want to find a cute little toy house or something to put in there to show my paychecks are big enough that they can pay our mortgage! Hmmm, let's see, I found a cute frame, but need to print up a picture of my kids. And I haven't quite figured out how to do this....for now I may just use the alphabet magnets from my kids to spell out my last name, GOSAIN. It's pronounced "go-sane" and coming from a background working in a psych hospital a few people picked up on the last name and commented I should be glad it's not go-insane. SO, I thought I'd play that up because this job keeps me SANE by allowing me to have something for myself and a great reason to get out of the house and have a break from the kids from time to time. So, this job helps me "GO SANE." Plus people will remember my name!!:D And, my actual bag is the cute shopping bag I got from the gift shop in the Field Museum during our Director's Event to see the King Tut exhibit. It's got this really cool colorful picture of King Tut. So having the bag allows me to talk about how wonderfully this company treats us!

I want to tweak this bag over time. :)

And, SUSAN, WAY TO GO!!! That's so awesome that you started (well...continued!) recruting right then after conference!! You didn't waste any time. You will definitely be on track to promote with that attitude! I bet you'll do it by October!!:D

Last edited:
I am so excited for you, Susan! I wish I could have made it in time for Director Workshop in Chicago...who knows, we still have a month left!

I just spent my 2nd $50 PC Dollar Certificate that I got from my recruit's qualifying....go lots of recruiting supplies and hostess gifts. I am helping my other 2 recruits to qualify and have a show this week with a hostess who is very interested. (Crossing my fingers)....

she would be great at this, is very comfortable around people and wants the whole catalog--I know she would be very happy in the business, and after conference, I can't imagine working with a better group of people!

Hi American friends, I have just returned from our Canadian Conference & am pumped!! From reading your comments I am unclear about your "rolling list", can you clarify what this is?...

PC Canuck

Related to How Can I Effectively Utilize Conference Information for Upcoming Events?

1. What is the "Now What ?????" program?

The "Now What ?????" program is a personalized coaching and mentorship program for Pampered Chef consultants. It is designed to help consultants grow their business and achieve their goals through one-on-one support and guidance.

2. How do I sign up for the "Now What ?????" program?

To sign up for the "Now What ?????" program, you can contact your team leader or visit the Pampered Chef website to enroll. There is a fee for the program, but it includes access to training materials, monthly calls with a mentor, and ongoing support.

3. What kind of support can I expect from the "Now What ?????" program?

The "Now What ?????" program offers a variety of resources and support to help you grow your business. This includes personalized coaching, access to training materials and resources, and monthly calls with a mentor who will provide guidance and feedback.

4. Can I join the "Now What ?????" program at any time?

Yes, you can join the "Now What ?????" program at any time. However, it is recommended to join as soon as possible to get the most out of the program and start seeing results in your business.

5. Is the "Now What ?????" program only for new consultants?

No, the "Now What ?????" program is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of how long they have been with the company. Whether you are just starting out or have been a consultant for years, the program can help you take your business to the next level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • heather223
  • General Chat
3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views