• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I cure my husband's new-car-itis?

In summary, the car dealerships will not have very good deals right now. A lot of them are low on cars because of the cash for clunkers program.
jwpamp
Oh, woe is me....my husband has new-car-itis! Seems like it was just last year when he got it last -- I can't figure the best cure:

1. "Honey, the house payment just went up $100 because of the property tax and home insurance increase"

2. "But I like buying groceries....."

3. "No, I don't think they'll take the dog as a trade in"

HELP!

Here is another one:

The car dealerships will not have very good deals right now. A lot of them are low on cars because of the cash for clunkers program.

How about: It isn't in our Total Money Makeover Plan. (Am I remembering wrong? Aren't you a Dave Ramsey fan?)
:)

Ahhh....I think it will pass.... but savings is there and who can turn down nearly $10,000 (with rebates and trade ins) off a new car?

jwpamp said:
Ahhh....I think it will pass.... but savings is there and who can turn down nearly $10,000 (with rebates and trade ins) off a new car?

I know I wouldn't be able to! Good Luck!

What cures it for my hubby is I take it to a body shop and have them detail clean it. It smells and looks like a new car an costs about $100, depending on what you drive.

Michelle

Ha! Ha! My husband would never let anyone touch our cars! We have never been thru a car wash with any vehicle we have ever owned!! He keeps everything spotless and there is nothing ever left in the vehicles. When you get out, EVERYTHING gets out with you!

Heck, I even caught him waxing the LAWNMOWER the other day! :D

jwpamp said:
Heck, I even caught him waxing the LAWNMOWER the other day! :D

OMG! That is so funny! It's cool that he takes so much pride in his vehicles!!!!

jwpamp said:
.....Heck, I even caught him waxing the LAWNMOWER the other day! :D
He has WAY TOO MUCH time on his hands! Can he come to my house? I've got lots of dust and dog hair that needs to be relocated. LOL

Actually he works EVERY day. He is on call 24 x 7....365 days a year! He works every day but never knows what shift until they call him. Yech!

I don't think my dh even knows where the lawnmower is, LOL

Ha! Ha! Yeah, 30 years of hand washing & detailing cars...I should open my own business!

ha ha... we don't even own a lawnmower...let alone would my DH ever wax anything... including his back!

Count yourself lucky!

Well, it's official -- we are now the proud owners of a 2010 Chevy Equinox.

The final nail in the coffin? When my husband said "but you haven't bought a car in 8 years."

It is pretty -- pictures are attached....

Attachments

• 2010 Equinox 1 - 8-6-09.jpg
    2010 Equinox 1 - 8-6-09.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 322
  • 2010 Equinox 3 - 8-6-09.jpg
    2010 Equinox 3 - 8-6-09.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 2010 Equinox Side2 - 8-6-09.jpg
    2010 Equinox Side2 - 8-6-09.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 305
He also made me take a picture with the car (a tradition in our family...) ugh! Now I am thinking it's time to lose weight -- gee, thanks, hon!

YAY! New car smell! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! :p

wow - that was quick!

Pretty car too :)

finley1991 said:
YAY! New car smell! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! :p

Yeah, that is a plus. LOVE that smell!!!

Now, I need to know how to NOT have it smell like garlic after my first show using it! My husband said that my car (now my son's) smells like garlic from my tools...I clean the tools before I leave the host's home...

I was thinking Rubbermaid totes? I have the rolling cases. I don't honestly think I can hoist them up into the SUV, though. I was thinking of going to all bags (the big PC fabric ones), but now I am wondering if I put the product into Rubbermaid totes if we can avoid the smells...

Oh, dear, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

seems I got bit by the bug also, but my van was 7 yrs old, would have probably soon needed a transmission (dodge is known for this) sooooo, figured I'd take advantage of the cash for clunkers, got a Scion xB

Attachments

• scionxb.jpg
    scionxb.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 315
OOOHHHHH....Nice! Congrats, too! I just love driving mine, it's a big difference from a little Dodge Neon!

hmmmm.....I got a new car 2 years ago, but there's just one little thing about it that bugs me....ya'll are starting to give me the 'itis' now too! LOL, my husband would freak!

It's catchy...but hey, you are a celeb now! And you gotta ride in style!!!!

ChefLoriG said:
my van was 7 yrs old, would have probably soon needed a transmission (dodge is known for this)

Yep, hubby just replaced the transmission in our 2003 Dodge Neon a few months ago! And yes, he did it HIMSELF......no, he's not an official mechanic, but he does all the work on the cars. It runs great, too!

Hey, thank goodness he does it all -- that's how we can afford the new one!

I love my paid-for 2000 Honda CR-V.

You know me, Deb....always on the Dave Ramsey Train!

DebbieJ said:
I love my paid-for 98 Honda CR-V.
I LOVE my paid for car too! And Dave Ramsey!!!A friend of mine has a luxury car and her lease is up... to extend her lease would be $1200 a month!!! INSANE!!!!!!! :yuck:

My car is paid for too - that's why my DH would freak!

Congrats Ladies!! :) I love getting a new car.

I should clean the inside/outside today so it feels new again. That usually works for me. :p I do owe money still on both our cars. I have a 04 Honda Odyssey and 09 Toyota Camry.

Glad you all love your cars -- I am truly in LOVE with mine! Can't believe that we got it so cheap, glad we were able to use our own tax dollars to buy it -- I like the 3 other cars we have that are paid for (a 2003 Dodge, 2007 Chevy Truck and a 1995 Buick Regal), but I am in LOVE with my new baby!

and happy to put AMERICAN auto workers back to work!!

Oh, since my husband works for a railroad that ships them, I am helping put HIM back to work, too! Business is picking up for him (big time).

just doing my part to help bring the economy back to it's feet ;)

Related to How can I cure my husband's new-car-itis?

Honey, the house payment just went up $100 because of the property tax and home insurance increase

This is a common concern for many couples, especially when one partner has new-car-itis. It's important to sit down and discuss the financial implications of purchasing a new car and how it may affect other expenses, such as the mortgage payment. Consider creating a budget and finding ways to cut expenses in other areas to offset the increase in the house payment.

But I like buying groceries.....

It can be tempting to spend money on new cars and other big purchases, but it's important to prioritize and consider your long-term financial goals. Maybe you can find a compromise, such as buying a used car instead of a brand new one, to satisfy both your desire for a new car and your need for groceries.

No, I don't think they'll take the dog as a trade in

As much as we love our furry friends, unfortunately most car dealerships do not accept animals as trade-ins. Instead, consider selling your old car privately or trading it in for a more affordable option to help finance the new car purchase.

HELP!

It can be overwhelming and stressful when dealing with a partner who has new-car-itis. Communication is key in finding a solution that works for both of you. Consider seeking the advice of a financial advisor to help make a plan that fits your budget and financial goals. Remember to also take into account the long-term costs of owning a new car, such as insurance and maintenance, before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • caraighan