• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can Girl Scouts earn their Cooking Badge and fundraise at the same time?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using Pampered Chef products and recipes as a fundraiser for the Girl Scouts. It is suggested to adapt the Girl Scout's cooking badge recipes to incorporate Pampered Chef products, such as using the chopper and grater for toppings or the Cut N Seal for taco meat and cheese. However, it is mentioned that there may be limitations on using outside products for a Girl Scout fundraiser. Other fundraising ideas such as using catalog and order forms or Pampered Chef Pool sheets are also mentioned. The conversation also touches on the potential of using the cooking badge as a way to promote Pampered Chef and gain leads for the business.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
this could also be done as a fundraiser.....
I posted something about this in another thread and have had a couple responses to it on how it works. To be honest, I have never done one but I have heard of them - so lets share ideas!

This is what I know. The scouts have a manual with recipes on how to earn their badge. A girl in my cluster said that what you do if the leader wants to use thier recipes, is adapt them to our products. Im sure we could use our recipes too - either way, let each girl have a copy of the recipe. Just do a little hands on demo and get them involved!

Using our recipes or products we could do an ice cream sundae show - chopper and grater for toppings, or Mini Pizzas - English Muffins split, let them put the toppings and bake on our stones. Cut N Seal with taco meat and cheese. Post your other ideas!

This could also kickoff a fundraiser - with each girl getting a catalog and order forms. Or try the Pampered Chef Pool sheets - split the profit 50/50 with the girls scouts getting 50% and someone winning 50%.

Cool!Now, if I can just get someone from the local Girl Scout council to CALL ME so I know if I'm going to get to be a troop leader this year or not!

I think helping them earn their badge sounds fun; but in my small town, I don't know how another fundraiser through them would go over. I know, I know, it's different, but they start out right in Sept or Oct sellling nuts & chocolates here, then of course the cookies in the spring. So I'm just thinking about the parents, because I know some get tired of taking their kids around selling stuff. Maybe it would work better for the older girls; I'm just thinking about my 7 year old! That's just my opinion though!
I'd like to hear ideas on how to help earn the badge:) I was just asked to be a helper this year...

Girl SCOUTSYou can make omeletes in a bag. I did this when I was a Cub Scout leader.:)

A fundraiser for GS is great but you have to remember....the Gs can ONLY sell what they make themselves w/ their own hands or the approved products that are sold every year like
1. be a reader magazines
2. calendars
3. cookies.
I have been a leader for 5 years now going on my 6th year. The only way to do a fundraier for a troop is a mom to do it under her own name but no mention of GS.

But if this is only for a badge a cooking lesson would be great. The parents can talk to you after the lesson or call afterwards.

I know this is a downer.. I have been trying to get around this for the past year myself.

Oh... I'd forgotten about this! GS can't do a fundraiser with another company's stuff because it implies that the GS endorse that company, and they can't do that... :(

Bummer - but I do remember someone telling me once that we might need to check that. Oh well - just to help them get their cooking badge is a good service to the community and helps get the word out about your business! You can always send each girl home with a flyer for their mom! Or do a mommy & me cookng badge show...if it gets you a lead, then it is worth it!

Yep - it's still good PC exposure, and good for the girls!Now, my old troop would never have fit in anyone's kitchen at one time - we had 23 girls. But I'm HOPING that the troop here in this smaller town will be more manageable!

Cindycooks said:
. . .
This could also kickoff a fundraiser - with each girl getting a catalog and order forms. Or try the Pampered Chef Pool sheets - split the profit 50/50 with the girls scouts getting 50% and someone winning 50%.

What is a PC Pool sheet? I've never heard of that.:confused:

shano said:
A fundraiser for GS is great but you have to remember....the Gs can ONLY sell what they make themselves w/ their own hands or the approved products that are sold every year like
1. be a reader magazines
2. calendars
3. cookies.
I have been a leader for 5 years now going on my 6th year. The only way to do a fundraier for a troop is a mom to do it under her own name but no mention of GS.

But if this is only for a badge a cooking lesson would be great. The parents can talk to you after the lesson or call afterwards.

I know this is a downer.. I have been trying to get around this for the past year myself.

Would the girls be able to make something out of those CBB's and sell it as a fundraiser that way? I know I saw something on this site about those mixes in a bowl and the consultant said she was successful at it... that would be something new!

Looked it up.. actually done in the small batter bowl, not the classic
I think i am going to do some for my next shows and take orders

lacychef said:
I think helping them earn their badge sounds fun; but in my small town, I don't know how another fundraiser through them would go over. I know, I know, it's different, but they start out right in Sept or Oct sellling nuts & chocolates here, then of course the cookies in the spring. So I'm just thinking about the parents, because I know some get tired of taking their kids around selling stuff. Maybe it would work better for the older girls; I'm just thinking about my 7 year old! That's just my opinion though!
I'd like to hear ideas on how to help earn the badge:) I was just asked to be a helper this year...

Here is a thought. Its a cooking class/fund-raiser where the girls buy a "package" of PC products for the recipe they are doing and the 10/15% raised goes directly to their troop to help out with things like trips. You would want to have a head count and the money in hand at least 2 weeks before the show so that they would have their products for the day of the class. The troop leader could be the host & get the host benefits.

The Girls Can Not Do A Fundraiser Without Prior Approval But The Parents Can Sell And "donate" The Money From The Fundraiser To The Troop.

The troop can't do a fundraiser but the GIRLS can do one to put money in their individual accounts for trips and things.

lacychef said:

I don't know about anyone else, but the only fundraiser I never complain about is Girl Scout cookies. I anxiously await them every year. And I went without them this year because I ordered from another director in my cluster. She sent them to me by a different director, who ate them all......
Kind of funny, but sad for me. Just goes to show WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD PRODUCT, IT SELLS ITSELF, AND PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO SPEND MORE MONEY FOR A PRODUCT THEY BELIEVE IN
If I could but them at Walmart I would still pay 3 bucks a box for em :)

1. How do I sign up for a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show" with Pampered Chef?

To sign up for a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show" with Pampered Chef, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit the Pampered Chef website to find a consultant near you. They will be able to provide you with more information and help you schedule a cooking badge show for your troop.

2. What types of cooking activities will be included in the "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show"?

The "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show" with Pampered Chef will include a variety of cooking activities that are tailored to meet the requirements for earning the cooking badge. This can include learning about kitchen safety, measuring ingredients, and preparing a simple recipe.

3. How long does a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show" typically last?

The length of a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show" can vary, but typically it will last around 1-2 hours. This may also depend on the size of the troop and the activities included in the show. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to give you a more accurate estimate based on your specific needs.

4. Are there any special requirements for hosting a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show"?

No, there are no special requirements for hosting a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show" with Pampered Chef. However, it is recommended that the troop has access to a kitchen with basic cooking equipment and ingredients. Your Pampered Chef consultant can work with you to determine the best location for the show.

5. Can we earn multiple cooking badges at a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show"?

Yes, it is possible to earn multiple cooking badges at a "Girl Scout Cooking Badge Show" with Pampered Chef. However, this will depend on the specific requirements for each badge and the activities included in the show. Your Pampered Chef consultant can help you plan and customize the show to meet your troop's badge-earning goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • Helena Johnson