• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Pampered Chef Garage Sale: Is It Allowed?

In summary, although it is not required, you may choose to carry a small amount of inventory occasionally when exhibiting at a fair or for other special purposes. Personal inventory orders must be placed separately from any other order, via paper only.
ChefSteph06
Are we allowed to host a garage sale to sell PC? I have some retired items I would like to get rid of, and I am thinking of listing it in the paper under garage sales as a Pampered Chef clearance sale. Just wanted to make sure it is allowed.

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to sell your personal retired items at your home.

I'd call HO to confirm it is ok. You can list it on the marketplace here and see if anyone wants any of your stuff.

Technically according to our policies and agreement we are not to buy any product for resale. I don't know how that truly applies to any old or retired items. Most people I know just give it away or trade it...

If you want to be truly honest and safe, don't do it or call HO like Tasha said and ask the question.

I think it sounds okay- she didn't buy products just to sell them at the garage sale, and we are allowed to advertise in newspapers so I don't think anything is wrong with it. I would call HO and check if you are worried, but I don't really think they expect us to keep every single PC product we own forever.

janetupnorth said:
Technically according to our policies and agreement we are not to buy any product for resale. I don't know how that truly applies to any old or retired items. Most people I know just give it away or trade it...

If you want to be truly honest and safe, don't do it or call HO like Tasha said and ask the question.

Actually, according to the policies we CAN buy a small quantity of items as inventory to resell. There is a whole paragraph on commission and stuff on that.

ivykeep said:
Actually, according to the policies we CAN buy a small quantity of items as inventory to resell. There is a whole paragraph on commission and stuff on that.

PERSONAL INVENTORY

Although it is not required, you may choose to carry a small
amount of inventory occasionally when exhibiting at a fair
or for other special purposes. Personal inventory orders
must be placed separately from any other order, via
paper only.
To order items for personal inventory:
• Use a sales receipt, and write Personal Inventory Order
at the top.
• You must order at least six of an item.
• Follow steps from Personal Orders section.
• Because you will be reselling these items, calculate the
appropriate sales tax on the total of the retail order
BEFORE THE DISCOUNT.
• Determine shipping charges from the individual shipping
schedule on the back of the sales receipt.
Please note:
• No commission will be paid on personal
inventory purchases.
• Merchandise is nonrefundable, except upon termination
of the Consultant Agreement.

I just reread through the policies and there is nothing in their prohibiting anyone from selling their personal or excess item to anyone else in person. The only mention of it (other than the Personal inventory paragraph ALLOWING the reselling of items by the individual) is to explicitly prohibit internet sales

"You may not sell any Pampered Chef® products — current
or discontinued — through online auction houses (like
eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered
Chef® Personal Web Site."

I think there can be a strong case made for allowing the garage sale of items (but definitely call HO if you need clairification -- although my experiences so far with HO is that the representatives get stymied if you ask them a question that isn't clearly laid out in the handbook and are going to give you their personal opinion, not the corporate opinion [I got three different answers when I asked how much of a broken stone I had to send back when I spoke with three different people]).

One interpretation of the above paragraph would state that you are allowed to sell the items on your personal web page (a virtual garage sale listed in your news item) since the personal web page is the ONLY place on-line you are allowed to sell PC items. In all honestly, if you read that paragraph carefully, I think that technically, the Marketplace here is in violation of the letter of the policies (but probably not the spirit).

If it were me, I'd go ahead with the garage sale with nary a worry in the world (and pass out business cards and catalogs to your visitors... if you love this product, give me a call and I'll be happy to sell you some more!)

I've heard of a lot of people/consultants doing garage sales and selling their PC stuff. It's a great way to avertise your business too! Have business cards on hand and one of those yard signs from Merrill might be good too! I know many people who booked quite a few shows from doing a garage sale and advertising their business that way!;)

MissChef said:
I've heard of a lot of people/consultants doing garage sales and selling their PC stuff. It's a great way to avertise your business too! Have business cards on hand and one of those yard signs from Merrill might be good too! I know many people who booked quite a few shows from doing a garage sale and advertising their business that way!;)

Yes, that's right. There was even mention of it in a class I took at National Conference a few years ago. It is a great way to get people to recognize that there is a PC person in their neighborhood. Be sure to have some mini-catalogs ready and/or a flyer to promote more business.

Good luck girl!!

Good to know! Thanks guys for future information...I didn't have time to go reread... :)

I keep one of everything (except the yukky magic mop) I have a box in the garage labeled "Vintage PC" some day my kids may want it.
Other things I have duplicates of, I donate to the local woman's shelter.

I have sold mine at reduced prices to my good customers and friends too. I had a friend that had been wanting to USG to when the UM came out I sold the USG to her for half price. I have done this with other items too. And once I have all of the new tools, like veg peeler and corer and all, I am going to offer to sale my others too.

1. Can I host a Pampered Chef garage sale at my home?

Yes, you are allowed to host a Pampered Chef garage sale at your home. As a host, you can sell your gently used Pampered Chef products at discounted prices to your friends, family, and neighbors.

2. Do I need permission from Pampered Chef to host a garage sale?

No, you do not need permission from Pampered Chef to host a garage sale. However, we do recommend that you inform your Pampered Chef consultant about your garage sale so they can provide you with any necessary support or materials.

3. Can I sell my Pampered Chef products online during the garage sale?

No, you are not allowed to sell your Pampered Chef products online during the garage sale. The garage sale should be held in person at your home, and the products should be sold at discounted prices.

4. Is there a specific date or time to host a Pampered Chef garage sale?

No, there is no specific date or time to host a Pampered Chef garage sale. You can choose a date and time that works best for you and your guests. However, we recommend hosting the garage sale during the weekend when more people are available to attend.

5. Can I earn host rewards from a Pampered Chef garage sale?

No, you cannot earn host rewards from a Pampered Chef garage sale. Host rewards are only earned through traditional Pampered Chef parties or events. However, you can still earn commission on the products you sell during the garage sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefDude
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pcheftammy
  • DebPC
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC